Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 15/04/2010, 06:29 PM

Default Still Dont Know Typing

Hey guys, I am still in a tizzy (if thats a word)
I have NO CLUE what my typing is anymore.
Here some info, I think I may be an ISFp?

-In relationships, guys say I am "far away...somewhere else" and "distant"

-I am a pop surrealist, a good pop surrealist painter.
I can paint all day, if people are around. I like people to see how unconventional I am; I show off. I paint tiny tiny details easily, and enjoy the process. I understand color and shadows. I am very very good. Drawing compositions and painting them is the only time I feel at peace with life.
People find it odd. Art is a mood-stabilizer for me. They dont understand.

-I am goofy and fun with individuals, and commonly leave out the back of parties from feeling overwhelmed by people and solemn...I can walk away from anybody in a millisecond if they offend me....I guess I have attachment problems.

-I often do crazy things that involve pushing people away.
I cant handle too many people talking to me, it is unproductive. Relationships are extremely valuable and I do not let many people hold this value.

-I am very bad in school, but work so so hard, that I get by with okay grades.

-I run about 4-8 miles a day because I have so many emotions that I can only get them out by physical activity.
I cant just sit and write or talk about them, it seems unproductive unless I am skilled at the activities. I am not good at talking-I feel like I am burdening the other person. Writing is not my strongpoint.

-I feel like I can't love anybody, but I am good at physical activities. I am good in bed, good in sports, and if I am not having a good day in these things? I am very very very grumpy about it.

-I am highly sensitive. If you offend me, you have a black mark on you and I will get tense and not talk around you. Yet, if I love you, I will just sit there and be with you in silence-with a grumpy temperament. People find this very confusing.
A lof of friends ask me "If you dont like me, why do you hang out with me?"
And I dont know what to say

Old 15/04/2010, 08:14 PM
The Looks

I'm thinking NF... leaning IEI but possibly EII or IEE. Keep talking about yourself, maybe post some pics or a video. Maybe someone can come along and ask some good questions.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 15/04/2010, 09:21 PM

It would not surprise me at all if you turned out to be an ISFp.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 15/04/2010, 10:45 PM

Yes, RSV3, I think I have finally found it-with your confirmation. ISFp!!!!

Okay, so to help anyone else out there that is confused if they are ISFp or not

(which is a trait for ISFp's, (confusion) because, I guess, our complexity can make us having kind of contradictory viewpoints based on the nuances of life- example:
"I dislike you, but after hearing the tone of your voice, I think I could like you. But Im still not going to tell you anything about me and just listen to you talk, bc I dont trust you with my weirdo viewpoints, and thus infuriate you by not answering any of your questions, but I will still sit here bc I Do like the tone of your voice, and then I wont like you again if you get mad at me-bc I hate conflicts, so. Im just going to go sit in the corner and draw a composition of my feelings out about you, hopefully some hot guys come over and talk to me and infuriate you even more so I can have a reason (being, that is, even more conflict) to get away from this entire situation yet have my ego pumped up, and go brood somewhere, as my usual activity is"])...in short

-Not being able to verbally converse well with people that you know are going to judge you harshly on what you are saying. I totally cut off all verbal communication with these people. I just stare at them and get quiet or mirror their feelings back at them about whatever topic we talk about so I dont have to deal with sharing any of my true opinions and viewpoints with them.

-Having an odd knowing, I guess that is intuition(?), of if you are going to be able to be your weird self with another stranger. Its like the Weirdo Meter, other artists who talk about this too. Its like, sometimes you just know you can be yourself and itll be appreciated, and when it happens? When you find these special people you can be yourself with? Its like a gift from Gawwwd.

-Wanting to be outside, a spiritual connection with the outdoors, being able to seduce people-I seduce Everyone!!! Its embarrassing.
Ive had groups of coyotes walk toward me and never felt afraid of them, I felt connected, like we knew each other. Same with vultures. Lol, that sounds morbid.

-Not having a clear classification of what is...ugly? This is an odd trait. I do not think I have known an ugly person. And I have no perspective on how pretty I am. Or anyone else. I am surprised when people say I am pretty, or that someone is prettier than someone else. I find that quirky to think of people as prettier than other people, but its actually very common to have that thought process-it turns out. I think of everyone as characters with their own thang going on. Although, I did see a guy in a serene field of yellow flowers the other day that was running around the field while holding up his fleshy potbelly stomach with his hands, and his shirt was around his neck. So, you got to see the whole shamolly just flabbing around in every direction that is in existence. He also had on khaki cargo pants, black shoes, hairy legs, and slightly below the knee thick socks. And that made me crack up to where I was gripping my stomach-right in front of him. It was probably a reenactment of a screweed uuuup Sound of Music scene. Sound of Lard. It was such a serene yellow field too. 70 degrees. Woo!! I guess he was feeling it

-anyway, Im tired of writing, so, hope that random story about a guy running around a yellow flower field helps you determine if youre ISFp or not
Old 16/04/2010, 02:48 AM

you sound a lot like me.... an ISFP
Old 16/04/2010, 03:58 AM

yay for more alphas

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 16/04/2010, 09:10 AM
Gone on holiday...

You sound a lot like me, except a little different, more focused on your and others emotions, so i'm going to say that's cause we share the same base function, Si, the funny symbol which is , which translates to ISXp.
Old 16/04/2010, 12:58 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
You sound a lot like me, except a little different, more focused on your and others emotions, so i'm going to say that's cause we share the same base function, Si, the funny symbol which is , which translates to ISXp.
There is another possiblity, you sound so much like me except a little different because you are ENFp.

Didn't you used to type yourself as ENFp?

See, no help at all

Oh, I would ask how RSV3 'helped' you, fwiw I find it best to ignore almost everything he says, so maybe I have helped you a bit.

Did you post a photo before? I can maybe look at that when i'm not at a pc with a filter.

Well, I could give reasons to support ENFp, I suppose, but, well, reasons can look great but still be wrong.

I do think it is fascinating how you used to type ENFp for so long, wasn't it a couple of years (2), but you don't identify with it anymore? Indeed confusing!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well, OK, look at it this way,

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldplasticlock
I run about 4-8 miles a day because I have so many emotions that I can only get them out by physical activity.
I cant just sit and write or talk about them, it seems unproductive unless I am skilled at the activities. I am not good at talking-I feel like I am burdening the other person. Writing is not my strongpoint.
Ever heard of an Si dominant, or possibly even just IP temperament who can't sit still and do nothing and be content?

Personally I enjoy exercise because of how it makes me feel, I don't really need to do it to expend energy.

Quote:
I can paint all day, if people are around
An introvert who apparently gets more enthused when around people?

http://www.socionics.com/forums/show...48&postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by golplasticlock
Hullo!!
I am in college and am around Engineer majors all day long. They Love me.
I am an ENFP; its pure bliss.
I go into the Math Lab (tutoring center for math) every day and its just wonderful. I am surrounded by hot engineer guys that think Im the Universe, and, Ok. Got that established.
Now, ENFP's Dual relation is ISTP.
Im thinkin' that, this is probably the best place for me to find my "flip side of the coin"; my ISTP.

So, Im really BAD at typing people, most of the time. This is a fun one:

There is this dude (Lets call him Boob) thats going to go into the Marines after getting degree, which is cool, I want to do all that stuff too maybe

-he has played nearly every sport (me too) (but he loves soccer)

- he is an Introverted Thinker.

-Chemical Engineering major

-hot, wears a black leather jacket a lot

-Not very emotionally connected, verry independent-Which is Awesome!!!

-He also loves calling me fun things like "Miss Superstar" and "Dear" and I just love it, but I made him insecure about it recently, unintentionally,
(he said it to me and I said "Whaa??" like, three times bc I was nervous)
and now he's all in his shell right now. I hope I can get him out again.

-He invited me to play soccer with him, and I went with him and was talking trash (playfully) to everyone and basically playing so hard I was barrel-rolling on the ground on my defensive tackles (didnt bring my cleats; slipping) and it was fun and he praised my Awesome Game Playing by giving me a uhm....ratio??

He said I increased something, and evened this out, and somethin' else, but all I got from his little ratio was "You did a good job" so whatev.
He also enjoyed my talking trash.

Also, I have noticed that he doesnt dislike how playful I am with everyone. I play with words, ideas, assumptions, everything with everyone, anytime,-Bam.
So, I will do this with a professor, and then Ill do it with a cute other Actual Marine guy that sits next to me all the time, and so Im mean to the Marine, in a fun way, and Boob will listen and I think he actually thinks it is funny. Which is also Awesome!!!

Do yall think this is an ISTP????????

I sure hope it is, he is pretty cool-and he doesnt rush into things, like, doggin me. He gives me space.
What Do Yall Think???!!

Or, am I entirely off-target to search for ISTPs in mathematics?
What do yall smarties think?
I think it's worth remembering that this is same person who now thinks they are ISFP.

If i've got time i'll try to put together something from your posts, but I think this post speaks for itself.

A lot of what you talk about is how people feel, their intentions, how you feel about them, whether someone is good or bad (like if they say something to offend you), you got a guy who finds your bizareness really cool which you like (as you mentioned earlier that being able to talk and talk and talk about your random observations and weird thoughts is just gift from GAWD, or something like that - this isn't an ENFp wanting to ramble their Ne to someone who is really able to listen and appreciate them for it)? Doing something for ENFp's, to them it is often just devine, and can to me be really simple things like making them comfortable, just even giving them a blanket on the couch to keep them cosy.

From reading this you say you go around talking to a bunch of people, saying a lot of random stuff, he likes it, and he is not emotionally connected and very independent.

How is this not you being the extravert, and in comparison him quite possibly being the introvert guy?

Eh, like I said, if I have more time, but my interests are on other things atm, but hmmm. (Maybe when I see your photo it will help).

------------------------------------------

I think these types of conversations can go back and forwards all day.

So to try to speed it up and reach a decision for you...

Have you sat this?

http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta_turbo.html

Maybe you could say which dichotomies you identify with and why. And hopefully you will decide all or almost all your 4 preferences, and we can take it from there if need be, nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Cyclops; 16/04/2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16/04/2010, 04:22 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
I am highly sensitive. If you offend me, you have a black mark on you and I will get tense and not talk around you. Yet, if I love you, I will just sit there and be with you in silence-with a grumpy temperament. People find this very confusing.
A lof of friends ask me "If you dont like me, why do you hang out with me?"
And I dont know what to say

Because you love them.
Old 17/04/2010, 03:42 AM

surrealist painting you say, eh? what do you like about it? btw, do you like surrealism in general? It's prolly my favorite art movement!
I identify with you in many ways, from not wanting to burden people with talking to leaving out the back door at parties if feeling overwhelmed ( this not always though), to liking/disliking people and feeling offended easily (but you didn't say easily, just that leave when offended..?hm), and also that bit about being a bit distant with people ( in relationships i mean)

I would guess delta NF.....but it's a guess...
Why do you focus so much on details when you paint? Does it make you feel more serene?

Do you cook at all? I find that i'd almost starve if my bf didn't cook for me (or would just eat terrible foods, like sardines ! eek!) :P
take care

Last edited by felafel; 17/04/2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 17/04/2010, 04:21 AM

I'm a little surprised at the ENFp suggestions; i have yet to see any evidence of Ne ego. I think at this point, ISFp is by far the most probable type for gpl, followed distantly by INFp and even more distantly by ESFp.

Old 17/04/2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I'm a little surprised at the ENFp suggestions; i have yet to see any evidence of Ne ego. I think at this point, ISFp is by far the most probable type for gpl, followed distantly by INFp and even more distantly by ESFp.
my guess is based on an overall impression i got from the OP, not through dissecting functions, so, yes it's a guess i suppose. if you see any evidence to the contrary then you might want to share that, it could be useful.
Old 17/04/2010, 06:59 PM
Gone on holiday...

Hey goldplasticlock, I had another quick look through your posts.

I came across this:

Quote:
I am an extreme ENFP, and my best friend is also an ENFP.
I have noticed a trend in both of our behaviors: The Undecided Decision.

It is extremely hard for me to "settle" on anything, and she (my best friend) is an older lady in college for her third degree, her degree she is shooting for is Business (which is what my degree is).

She has Psychology and Fine Art degrees.

Anywho, I have noticed that in nearly 100% of my decisions, I do not see them as definite, I see them as just decisions I was forced into making because, well, everyone makes up there mind at some point.

Im always extremely undecided about nearly every decision, and so is my best friend.

Example: I run red lights all the time because I break for the yellow light, and then I decide it would be more fun to try and beat the light, but that decision was made at the last minute, so, I end up running the light.

Further Information
Yesterday I wanted to go into the military, but I met a skydiving instructor, and so I want to do that too, then I met an FBI Agent a while back and thats pretty cool, and, you know, I am going into accounting because it is financially stable and....but...I don't know if thats right. But it may be.

I try to stick with my last decision I made, or thought I made, and complete that until I bounce to something else. Very Hard though.

And my best friend, you know, wants to be a sculptor a week ago, but then she bought canvases, and yesterday she wanted to be a Life Coach for Wierd People, and today she is thinking about life insurance sales.....(????)

Has anyone else noticed this trend???
You can see that you are totally focused on the object here. We know from what you say about yourself here that it is almost impossible that you are an introverted type, especially the ISFp.

What we can say with certainty is that you are an extravert.

We also know from my previous post it is highly likely that you have too much energy to be an introvert, especially an IP type, for instance by your motivation for running each day.

As you also indicated, you paint more when other people are around, another clear indication that you are an extravert rather than an introvert.

I also found your photo.

http://www5.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...27_2076949027/

I agree with SG that you VI as ENFx.

Also, how you describe yourself in the above quotation does sound very much like how a person with dominant Ne can act.

In any event, we can now say, given what you have said about yourself, given how you VI, that ISFp is impossible for you. We also know that any introverted type is highly unlikely for you also. We also know for certain that you are a feeling type.

The most likely type based on your test results, what you have told us about you, and your VI is ENFp, however you should also do a study of ENFj, as you are one of these two types.