Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Closed Thread

Old 11/03/2010, 11:02 AM
Gone on holiday...

Default Typing Assistance

There's this guy I know and at first I thought he was LSE.

He talks a lot of facts and stuff.

However, his facts are often wrong. He seems to get quite annoyed when I try to correct his facts, just denies it, or changes the conversation.

He jokes a lot and seems, in a way, concerned with emotional atmosphere, so I even thought maybe it's some sort of ESE.

However, i'm actually starting to think he might actually be LIE, and the joking and talking a lot just comes from him having not much else to do or something (maybe even a Gamman NT nerd, like Tarantino can act, maybe).

Example of his bullshit:

He was on his mobile phone, his mechanic called him and he's like, "yeah the problem is that when it goes above 100mph it starts to rattle a little". (I mean, it's illegal to go at those speeds anyway).

So a conversation starts and he's going on about how the car goes 170mph easily (yawn) and he says it's a problem with the differential drive.

Now, I know a little bit about mechanics and robotics. Every car works with a differential drive. Basically, a differential drive is 4 wheels and a steering wheel. When you turn a corner, you turn the front wheels. The inner wheel while going round the corner has to turn at a different angle than the outer wheel due to the extended circumference of the different positions of the wheel, the outer wheel is at a different turning angle (circle) than the outer wheel.

So a problem with a differential (a differential drive) occurs when it goes round corners.

To determine the exact problem, I started asking him when the problem actually occurs, and he's like, "oh, it's when it goes above 100mph" and when I questioned him further about the details and saying a differential problem doesn't necessarily have to be related to speed (so i'm trying to work out when it occurs) he started getting really defensive and not telling me any of the actual facts of the problem, he started going, "look, it's a differential problem, my mechanic used to work for Colin MacRae and if you want to argue that it's not a differential problem then go to talk to him".

Of course, it can become apparent at speed, because the faster one goes the more the issue starts to show itself.

I wasn't trying to argue, he just gets really defensive about details and wants to just insist he's right.

I explained to him I wasn't trying to argue with him I was just talking to him about it, and I don't want to argue with someone Colin MacRae used to work with (even although Colin MacRae is dead).

So, what's with all the facts that are crap and not wanting to go into specifics and discuss the details of it? Could this guy be ENTj?

If anyone is interested in differential drive, here's a link

http://www.efunda.com/designstandard..._auto_diff.cfm

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another example, Seamus is the gaelic version of James.

Someone I know is called Seamus (he's from a gaelic speaking area of Scotland) and he's like, no it's not James, that's rubbish, no way etc..

Then the next day he's talking to someone about the name Seamus and that it's the gaelic version of James and from listening to him you'd think he's some sort of gaelic expert.

Last edited by Cyclops; 11/03/2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12/03/2010, 10:09 AM
Gone on holiday...

How interesting. He seems to be sucking up to me today, talking about "when you said [insert] and when you said [insert]" like it's all really interesting and useful.

Funny Si Ha of ENTj.

I guess it takes a while for someone to digest their PoLR, they go away and think about it for a while and adapt.

Maybe he'll make a good friend, a sort of useful lapdog!
Old 14/03/2010, 09:24 AM

i was going to say that the behavior you described was very un-LIE like and largely anathema to the principles of Te-dominant values.

then i realized that i don't believe anything you said in your account of the situation, for reasons that should be immediately obvious to some people, so any assessment about the behavior of this other guy based on your description is worthless.
Old 14/03/2010, 12:09 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant_stapler71 View Post
i was going to say that the behavior you described was very un-LIE like and largely anathema to the principles of Te-dominant values.

then i realized that i don't believe anything you said in your account of the situation, for reasons that should be immediately obvious to some people, so any assessment about the behavior of this other guy based on your description is worthless.
Well, in fairness to him he does have a rather large bank of data at his disposal, and he is good at the business, i'll give him that. I think the problem arises in that he assumes he knows the answer before someone has finished speaking.

That can even be when someone begins talking about something that happened to them, he will jump in with an answer before they finish with a recount of the situation.

Whether that is his Ni making internal assumptions about what the person is talking about b4 they finish, rather than S and waiting to collate the details, or he's just a pain in the ass, or both, dunno.

W/e he is, he's EJ, if he's somehow I then he's got some sort of hyperactivity condition.
Old 15/03/2010, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant_stapler71 View Post

lol, well said.
Old 15/03/2010, 10:21 AM
Gone on holiday...

I suppose here is the problem - we have a situation were we can discuss the types irl and actually use a socionic forum to share experiences on this subject, discuss their experiences with particular types such as this etc, extract some use from the forum.

Instead we have:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant_stapler71
then i realized that i don't believe anything you said in your account of the situation, for reasons that should be immediately obvious to some people
Who is some guy that pops up everyso often, in all fairness for all I know someone who lives in their bedroom 23 hours a day with no actual experience of socionics, but prefers to be theoretical and make occasional bizarre or derogatory posts, basically for some reason here accusing me of being a liar.

And then we have:

Quote:
Originally Posted by king
lol, well said.
Some other troll popping up to basically take a pop shot at the lol. A guy who incidentally creates multiple accounts over at 16types so that he can use one to agree with an unsuspecting person and use one of the others to disagree and play some sort of internet game with the persons thoughts or feelings.

It's maybe threadworthy subject - what do you use internet socionics for, sadly, I expect it would just be troll level responses.

Although, thanks to Yuri for making an effort to be constructive - i'll check out the links later.

Why am I making this post, I dunno, perhaps there is a few out there who is on a normal level, moderators or something? Or perhaps not.
Old 15/03/2010, 02:49 PM

Closing at the request of OP.
Closed Thread