Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 26/01/2010, 05:10 PM

Default Freak types.

Anybody ever heard of any subtypes with two extraverted functions lead? (Ego block i think?)

For instance, I think I am Ne dominant, with Te as secondary, thus giving me many ENTj and ENTp like characteristics. I am more interested in application and use of logical principles than I am in model building and systematizing everything.

I'm super active, and most tests type me as near 100% extroverted. Anybody have any experience with others with strange information element preferences that don't fit established types?
Old 26/01/2010, 06:22 PM
The Looks

That is impossible. Your leading function and creative function are necessarily heteroverted and opposite in rationality. If you are stuck between LIE and ILE and you see a lot of Ne and Te in yourself, see if one of them fits the description for the Demonstrative (8th) function. They are equally strong in both types, but what is unvalued and unconscious in one is valued and conscious in the other.

There is also the possibility you are IEE with Ne leading and Te Mobilizing (6th function, what SG refers to as Hidden Agenda), meaning that since you value Te you've been testing as a Te type...

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 26/01/2010, 06:32 PM

Do ILE often have strong tendencies towards leadership roles? Are there any good resources for understanding the roles of demonstrative and mobilizing functions?

The reason I don't like the IEE explanation, (though I have considered it many times) is my interaction with ESE (semiduality with SEI and Duality with SLI fits). As LIE, they (ESE) would be my superego pair, and as ILE my activity. Both make sense, but activity makes more sense, as I seem to get most active with ESE, as opposed to any other type.

Thanks
Old 27/01/2010, 05:53 AM
The Looks

I don't really think you're IEE either, but the only quadra that values both Te and Ne is Delta. I don't know about the leadership thing.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Functions

There is also a function breakdown in every Wikisocion type description and a page on every IM element with short descriptions of how the given element manifests in each function.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 28/01/2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTroP View Post
Do ILE often have strong tendencies towards leadership roles? Are there any good resources for understanding the roles of demonstrative and mobilizing functions?
As much as they blow the trumpet. But they don't have interest in leading the people, usually. ILEs sometimes force their help on others ("for their own good") but take each person individually, so I could not actually say "a leader".
Old 31/01/2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTroP View Post
Do ILE often have strong tendencies towards leadership roles?
Do you enjoy leading and/or do you end up in leadership positions often?

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 02/02/2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Do you enjoy leading and/or do you end up in leadership positions often?
Generally, yes. In classes, I end up being the liason to the teacher (asking the necessary questions), and the guy people ask for help. I tend to coordinate my fellow students in lab classes so that I can get the things I need and so that people aren't tripping over each other ("why don't you pass that to everyone when you're done" kind of thing).

I know this sounds very LIE, but my intertype relations fit with ILE better, and I was wondering if it is normal for ILE's to have this kind of Te dominant role or not.

I like being in charge, because then I know things can get done right (usually, and yes, I know that sounds pompous, but it's the way it is most of the time). I don't actively strive for the leadership role, it usually just ends up that way.

Last edited by ENTroP; 02/02/2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: comma, lolol