Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 26/01/2012, 11:48 PM

Default IEE or EIE (and demonstative function confusion)

Hi there everyone. First post.
So like a lot of posters here I'm trying to figure out my type and could use some help. I've found very little in the way of camparisons between IEEs and EIEs. This is a bummer because this is now the two I feel I'm hanging in between. Years ago I first took the MBTI and got ENFP (I and E were right on the line and T and F were right on the line. I made judgement calls). Now whenever I take test I struggle to avoid taking them with my extensive knowledge of MBTI and Socionics in mind. The test I took here gave me IEE but like I said, it's hard to tell if I'm biased. Recently I took http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/que...etestQuestions and was very careful to pick the middle of answer when I thought I might be being biased. I ended up getting EIE.

I have come to the conclusion that the differences between EIE and IEE are much less than those of ENFP and ENFJ, but it's definitely significant that the duel of one in the conflictor of the other. Needless to say this is an important distinction.
In my mind a big part of the issue is the little discussed roll of the demonstative function. I feel the most affinaty for and . When I was sure I was IEE, my explaination of this was that the demonstative function should be the second strongest (http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Functions), so naturally I would feel both. But couldn't the switch be easily made? How easy is it to tell strongest from second strongest? I also have a hard time deciding if I "value" or more. Seems a strange question. I am immencely intuative about people, that is for sure, but how is an IEE's intuition of a person different from a EIE's? They are comparably capible at and , which I would think are the two functions involved in intuition of another's emotions.

Sorry, this is kind of a hard question to answer due to disorganization.
Please ask for clarifiers.
Old 01/03/2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z11z View Post
I have come to the conclusion that the differences between EIE and IEE are much less than those of ENFP and ENFJ, but it's definitely significant that the duel of one in the conflictor of the other. Needless to say this is an important distinction.
Yeah this was always the conclusion that i managed to arrive at although I have been trying to do a lot more research into it and have not been able to find a great deal!
Old 19/04/2012, 01:33 AM

Default IEE or EIE

IEE and EIE may appear somewhat similar in Socionics, but I can assure you they are very different, if not worlds apart.

On the surface they appear similar because they both hold similar interests, both seem passionate about relatable topics, and both are able to influence people around them emotionally.

The difference lies in the processes going through their brain, and also what is deemed important.

An EIE loves the creation of new ideas and opportunities, as long as they somehow pertain to its main goals, and somehow give meaning to their path. (Ni)

An IEE loves the creation of new ideas and opportunities simply for the sake of the newness and creation. Basic application of these new ideas will stop at the surface of the actualization of the idea. Hence why they are known to produce these amazing ideas, yet never follow through. (Ne)

An EIE will pass off their energy to another, as to stimulate their external environment, to get either a desired result or response that somehow betters that other person. (Fe)

An IEE will pass off their energy based on how the environment around them is making them feel. Once this is established, the IEE will begin to steer people emotionally toward activities that they want to participate in as well. (Fi)

EIE is all about bringing out the potential in others, and this is done through the passing off energy to others (Fe) and how the EIE relates to the object being affected (Ni).

An IEE is all about bringing out potential in others and this is done through the creation of new possibilities (Ne) and how the object relates to the IEE (Fi).
Old 25/04/2012, 09:39 AM

Ekaterina Filatova, Understanding The People Around You: An Introduction To Socionics (Hollister: MSI Press, 2006)

- excerpts regarding the EIE (ENFj):

"For Performers, a somewhat irresolute lower face and flaccid, sometimes capricious mouth is characteristic. The narrowest, most <aristocratic> faces belong to Performers. In socializing, they are a bit theatrical, with over-exaggerated emotionality, they always watch for the audience reaction. If Performers feel that they are being observed in an unfavorable situation, they become tense, looking at the observer out of the corner of their eyes, noting reactions to their remarks and actions."

"Performers may spend the whole day in a gloomy mood and they love to be pitied; they feel hurt if nobody pays attention to them. If a Performer asked someone a question and did not get an answer right away, they might unexpectedly become enraged:

What, did you swallow your tongue?! Or do I mean so little to you that you won't even answer me?!"

Ekaterina Filatova, Understanding The People Around You: An Introduction To Socionics (Hollister: MSI Press, 2006), 76-79:

- pp. 76-79 [THE INITIATOR: Intuitive-Feeling Extravert (IFE)]:

- excerpts regarding the ENFp (IEE):

"Initiators perfectly understand people's motives and the essence of their relationships. They study anything new with delight. In company, they enjoy lighthearted pranks. Initiators begin any game with interest, they can easily become <a rocker, a break-dancer, a synchronized swimmer, a member of the beer-lovers' club> and stick to their assigned role for a while."

"Initiators are weak in administrative functions such as organization of work schedules, writing instructions, reports and the like. They have trouble restraining themselves to certain boundaries, their Productive nature does not accept anything predetermined. Logical analysis is difficult for Initiators. A girl of this type once said:

I am a smart girl; I do not need any thing to be explained more than three times!"

Sergei Moshenkov and Wing Tung Tang M. Sc., MBTI and Socionics: Legacy of Dr. Carl Jung (Lexington: USA, 2010)

- excerpts regarding the EIE (ENFj):

"ENFj's emotionality is similar to that of the ESFj -- very colorful, volatile, though situation based and lacking in integrity towards people. As with the ESFj, the ENFj can love and hate the same person with equal intensity in two different situations and more so this love/hate rollercoaster will keep oscillating forever. However the ENFj's emotionality deals more with the future and the past, the planned and the expected, rather than the immediate present moment like the ESFj."

"The ENFj is a good forecaster of the unfolding of social situations. They have a language rich in imagery and symbolism that they often use to enforce and justify their emotionality. This element becomes most visually apparent when the ENFj recalls back past memories -- their eyes look into the ceiling with a dreamy glare, they start feeling the emotions of the past, and it rightfully seems that they're not in the present space and time."

Sergei Moshenkov and Wing Tung Tang M. Sc., MBTI and Socionics: Legacy of Dr. Carl Jung (Lexington: USA, 2010), 185-192:

- pp. 185-192 [IEE - The Darling]

- excerpts regarding the IEE (ENFp):

"The ENFp is very irrational, messy and disorganized. They remember facts but rarely principles and laws. They try to hide their illogical nature, and it works well in cliche conversations, but when it comes to doing unfamiliar things, or discussing unfamiliar topics their irrationality becomes clearly apparent."

"The ENFp can be very good with their body. Dancing is often the physical discipline of choice. Comfort and hedonic pleasures relax and inspire them. Their facial expressions usually express comfort or discomfort with emotional cues."

Tags
demonstrative, eie, iee, typing