Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 17/04/2010, 04:45 PM

Default Mickey Rourke's type

Am I the only one who thinks that Mickey Rourke looks and seems rather ENTj than ESTj?
Old 17/04/2010, 06:12 PM

Why do you think he has Te in his ego? Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just wondering.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 18/04/2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Why do you think he has Te in his ego? Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just wondering.
I'm not sure. But he appears to be an overall confident and strong character.
Old 21/05/2010, 12:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AVukxmpBpE

Seems more like some Fi PoLR type. I'd guess he is ENTp.
Old 21/05/2010, 03:31 AM

Yeah I'll agree with that entp fi polr...I didn't like his role/acting in Iron Man 2 but he was excellent in Sin City. I saw an interview of him in rolling stone proclaiming tons of actors suck balls and are only in the buisness because of connections, no true talent sounded some like Fi polr.
Old 25/05/2010, 12:30 PM

I disagree that he has Fi-PoLR, just strong Se, but not to be confused with Fi PoLR. ESFp seems obvious to me.
Old 25/05/2010, 12:47 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead
Yeah I'll agree with that entp fi polr...I didn't like his role/acting in Iron Man 2 but he was excellent in Sin City. I saw an interview of him in rolling stone proclaiming tons of actors suck balls and are only in the buisness because of connections, no true talent sounded some like Fi polr.
Why on earth would that make someone specifically Fi PoLR?

Why would having this observation on Hollywood actors make someone ENTp? Why not any other type?
Old 29/05/2010, 07:06 AM

ahah it was just a vote for this over other types, I think entp would more readily proclaim this than many Fi types. I don't think esfp is a horrible choice either.

the typings on the main page of socionics.com are some of the worst by reputation, and not without good reason/

Last edited by jughead; 29/05/2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29/05/2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Why on earth would that make someone specifically Fi PoLR?

Why would having this observation on Hollywood actors make someone ENTp? Why not any other type?
I think it indicates a tendency to proclaim strong personal opinions without caring much about who might be offended by them.
Old 30/05/2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTesla View Post
I think it indicates a tendency to proclaim strong personal opinions without caring much about who might be offended by them.
I don't think so because the hidden agenda is "to be loved" http://www.socionics.com/articles/hiddena.htm.

That sounds more like strong which gives a sense of total confidence in your opinions. Here is Gene Simmons being brutally "truthful" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xNrrW369wY about something entirely subjective.
Old 30/05/2010, 03:42 PM

Well, saying those actors suck balls can easily make him more loved on the whole when this sentiment is recognized by the public at large. Towards the specific individuals, however, it would be inflamatory. So, yeah, valued Fe, unvalued Fi "personal relations".

BTW: in the particular thing jughead mentions, he criticizes the use of connections to get ahead in the acting world, which is pretty clearly anti-Fi.

INTjs can have pretty confident opinions, by the way, but have very weak Se. I don't think Se is quite as important to that kind of mindset as you think it is.
Old 30/05/2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Well, saying those actors suck balls can easily make him more loved on the whole when this sentiment is recognized by the public at large. Towards the specific individuals, however, it would be inflamatory. So, yeah, valued Fe, unvalued Fi "personal relations".

INTjs can have pretty confident opinions, by the way, but have very weak Se. I don't think Se is quite as important to that kind of mindset as you think it is.
My only point is that hidden agenda "being loved" is dictated situationally and not as static a tendency to be offensive as you're making it sound. carriers like the Gene Simmons are much more likely to engage in offending people that don't agree with them than a carrier of .

Quote:
BTW: in the particular thing jughead mentions, he criticizes the use of connections to get ahead in the acting world, which is pretty clearly anti-Fi.
I think he might be ESTP.
Old 30/05/2010, 07:01 PM

I think ESTp. Se is obvious. The anti Fi is obvious in the undervalue of connections.
Old 30/05/2010, 07:07 PM

Jesus! It doesn't mean he doesn't value connections in general, it just means you should know how to act if you want to be an actor. That's all, it's not "anti Fi"...
Old 30/05/2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I think he might be ESTP.
Next type I was going to try.

As to which of the two it is in the end...

Just watch him closely on this video. They guy is wishy-washy and soft-spoken. He isn't remotely as all-out direct as an ESTp would be. he takes a frickin clothed dog along with him in an interview (Alpha Ne weirdness). He's a complete quirkball nutter. ESTp is firmly ruled out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1OaeolcAUQ
Old 30/05/2010, 07:42 PM

How about ISTp; I know for 100% he is xSxP and not ISFp and being a softy does not rule out ESTp; that may be just HA.???

In any of these interviews, does he seem to focus on other's inabilities at all?
Old 30/05/2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Next type I was going to try.

As to which of the two it is in the end...

Just watch him closely on this video. They guy is wishy-washy and soft-spoken. He isn't remotely as all-out direct as an ESTp would be. he takes a frickin clothed dog along with him in an interview (Alpha Ne weirdness). He's a complete quirkball nutter. ESTp is firmly ruled out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1OaeolcAUQ
How do you type Lady Gaga?

Also ESTP is just a suggestion. ESFP may be a better typing.

Last edited by polr; 30/05/2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 30/05/2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I almost forgot he used to be handsome.

That was his favourite dog, Loki. He loves dogs.
Old 31/05/2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
How do you type Lady Gaga?
Leaning towards ENFj.

http://www.socionics.com/prof/enfj.htm

Quote:
Also ESTP is just a suggestion. ESFP may be a better typing.
Most of what I said about him in my last post also contradicts that typing. ESFp is probably among the two types least likely to be soft-spoken. They're a combination of rough and socially active. The Fi criticism would also be strange coming from an ESFp because they rely on social connections to get their way in life more than any other type.
Old 31/05/2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Most of what I said about him in my last post also contradicts that typing. ESFp is probably among the two types least likely to be soft-spoken. They're a combination of rough and socially active. The Fi criticism would also be strange coming from an ESFp because they rely on social connections to get their way in life more than any other type.
Just because someone relies on connections doesn't mean they can't dislike untalented people who rely excessively on connections.