Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 17/04/2010, 04:45 PM
privilege's Avatar
privilege privilege is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 77
Default Mickey Rourke's type

Am I the only one who thinks that Mickey Rourke looks and seems rather ENTj than ESTj?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17/04/2010, 06:12 PM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

Why do you think he has Te in his ego? Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just wondering.
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18/04/2010, 10:04 AM
privilege's Avatar
privilege privilege is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Why do you think he has Te in his ego? Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just wondering.
I'm not sure. But he appears to be an overall confident and strong character.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21/05/2010, 12:20 AM
LCTesla's Avatar
LCTesla LCTesla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 34
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AVukxmpBpE

Seems more like some Fi PoLR type. I'd guess he is ENTp.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21/05/2010, 03:31 AM
jughead jughead is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14
Default

Yeah I'll agree with that entp fi polr...I didn't like his role/acting in Iron Man 2 but he was excellent in Sin City. I saw an interview of him in rolling stone proclaiming tons of actors suck balls and are only in the buisness because of connections, no true talent sounded some like Fi polr.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25/05/2010, 12:30 PM
Neverend's Avatar
Neverend Neverend is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11
Default

I disagree that he has Fi-PoLR, just strong Se, but not to be confused with Fi PoLR. ESFp seems obvious to me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25/05/2010, 12:47 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead
Yeah I'll agree with that entp fi polr...I didn't like his role/acting in Iron Man 2 but he was excellent in Sin City. I saw an interview of him in rolling stone proclaiming tons of actors suck balls and are only in the buisness because of connections, no true talent sounded some like Fi polr.
Why on earth would that make someone specifically Fi PoLR?

Why would having this observation on Hollywood actors make someone ENTp? Why not any other type?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29/05/2010, 07:06 AM
jughead jughead is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14
Default

ahah it was just a vote for this over other types, I think entp would more readily proclaim this than many Fi types. I don't think esfp is a horrible choice either.

the typings on the main page of socionics.com are some of the worst by reputation, and not without good reason/

Last edited by jughead; 29/05/2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 29/05/2010, 01:54 PM
LCTesla's Avatar
LCTesla LCTesla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Why on earth would that make someone specifically Fi PoLR?

Why would having this observation on Hollywood actors make someone ENTp? Why not any other type?
I think it indicates a tendency to proclaim strong personal opinions without caring much about who might be offended by them.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30/05/2010, 10:59 AM
polr polr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTesla View Post
I think it indicates a tendency to proclaim strong personal opinions without caring much about who might be offended by them.
I don't think so because the hidden agenda is "to be loved" http://www.socionics.com/articles/hiddena.htm.

That sounds more like strong which gives a sense of total confidence in your opinions. Here is Gene Simmons being brutally "truthful" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xNrrW369wY about something entirely subjective.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 30/05/2010, 03:42 PM
LCTesla's Avatar
LCTesla LCTesla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Well, saying those actors suck balls can easily make him more loved on the whole when this sentiment is recognized by the public at large. Towards the specific individuals, however, it would be inflamatory. So, yeah, valued Fe, unvalued Fi "personal relations".

BTW: in the particular thing jughead mentions, he criticizes the use of connections to get ahead in the acting world, which is pretty clearly anti-Fi.

INTjs can have pretty confident opinions, by the way, but have very weak Se. I don't think Se is quite as important to that kind of mindset as you think it is.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 30/05/2010, 06:46 PM
polr polr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTesla View Post
Well, saying those actors suck balls can easily make him more loved on the whole when this sentiment is recognized by the public at large. Towards the specific individuals, however, it would be inflamatory. So, yeah, valued Fe, unvalued Fi "personal relations".

INTjs can have pretty confident opinions, by the way, but have very weak Se. I don't think Se is quite as important to that kind of mindset as you think it is.
My only point is that hidden agenda "being loved" is dictated situationally and not as static a tendency to be offensive as you're making it sound. carriers like the Gene Simmons are much more likely to engage in offending people that don't agree with them than a carrier of .

Quote:
BTW: in the particular thing jughead mentions, he criticizes the use of connections to get ahead in the acting world, which is pretty clearly anti-Fi.
I think he might be ESTP.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 30/05/2010, 07:01 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

I think ESTp. Se is obvious. The anti Fi is obvious in the undervalue of connections.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 30/05/2010, 07:07 PM
privilege's Avatar
privilege privilege is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 77
Default

Jesus! It doesn't mean he doesn't value connections in general, it just means you should know how to act if you want to be an actor. That's all, it's not "anti Fi"...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 30/05/2010, 07:29 PM
LCTesla's Avatar
LCTesla LCTesla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
I think he might be ESTP.
Next type I was going to try.

As to which of the two it is in the end...

Just watch him closely on this video. They guy is wishy-washy and soft-spoken. He isn't remotely as all-out direct as an ESTp would be. he takes a frickin clothed dog along with him in an interview (Alpha Ne weirdness). He's a complete quirkball nutter. ESTp is firmly ruled out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1OaeolcAUQ
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 30/05/2010, 07:42 PM
MDarman's Avatar
MDarman MDarman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 144
Default

How about ISTp; I know for 100% he is xSxP and not ISFp and being a softy does not rule out ESTp; that may be just HA.???

In any of these interviews, does he seem to focus on other's inabilities at all?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 30/05/2010, 10:28 PM
polr polr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTesla View Post
Next type I was going to try.

As to which of the two it is in the end...

Just watch him closely on this video. They guy is wishy-washy and soft-spoken. He isn't remotely as all-out direct as an ESTp would be. he takes a frickin clothed dog along with him in an interview (Alpha Ne weirdness). He's a complete quirkball nutter. ESTp is firmly ruled out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1OaeolcAUQ
How do you type Lady Gaga?

Also ESTP is just a suggestion. ESFP may be a better typing.

Last edited by polr; 30/05/2010 at 10:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 30/05/2010, 11:20 PM
privilege's Avatar
privilege privilege is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTesla View Post
I almost forgot he used to be handsome.

That was his favourite dog, Loki. He loves dogs.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 31/05/2010, 12:04 AM
LCTesla's Avatar
LCTesla LCTesla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
How do you type Lady Gaga?
Leaning towards ENFj.

http://www.socionics.com/prof/enfj.htm

Quote:
Also ESTP is just a suggestion. ESFP may be a better typing.
Most of what I said about him in my last post also contradicts that typing. ESFp is probably among the two types least likely to be soft-spoken. They're a combination of rough and socially active. The Fi criticism would also be strange coming from an ESFp because they rely on social connections to get their way in life more than any other type.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 31/05/2010, 12:34 AM
polr polr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTesla View Post
Most of what I said about him in my last post also contradicts that typing. ESFp is probably among the two types least likely to be soft-spoken. They're a combination of rough and socially active. The Fi criticism would also be strange coming from an ESFp because they rely on social connections to get their way in life more than any other type.
Just because someone relies on connections doesn't mean they can't dislike untalented people who rely excessively on connections.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM