Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 09/04/2010, 06:45 PM

Default Trying to discover everyone's personality type

Do you guys constantly find yourself trying to figure out everyone you meets personality type? Whether it's someone you already know or someone you've met a long time ago? Because i do this ALLLLL the time now! it's getting to my head lol
Old 09/04/2010, 06:52 PM
Omnomnom

I generally try to figure out the types of people I that I am friends with/interested in, as well as anime/manga (sometimes book) characters who pique my interest.
Old 10/04/2010, 08:58 PM

Nope, not really even though I have to admit that I sometimes catch myself wondering what type (s)he may be if I'm either interested in someone or just have to deal with him/her, at the same time well knowing that I'll never know for sure. Hence, doesn't make sense to waste a thought on it and so I quickly brush it aside and just forget about it….. till I see or think about the person again and the short process starts anew. lol
Old 10/04/2010, 09:45 PM

It's certainly a temptation. Habitually dealing with people as psychological entities/personalities, it's only natural I'd gravitate toward socionics, etc. and their use. The conceptual framework provides cheat-sheets for sounding out others quickly, which in turn results in a greater sense of interpersonal confidence and control. It's also fun to test these theories in the real world, whether by asking kith and kin to test themselves or by applying psychometric profiling to social observations.
Old 11/04/2010, 09:51 PM

Not really.
Old 12/04/2010, 08:14 AM
Quarantined

Not everybody. I'm mainly interested in typing people that I know well and either get along with really well or not at all. I like figuring out the relationship type we have as that can be a good clue to someone's type. Also if the person has some habit or way of expressing themselves that I happen to find unusual, that piques my interest and I'm more likely to want to type them compared to someone who is more ordinary.

Would you like you for a child?
Old 14/04/2010, 10:14 AM

It's only recently started happening but yes, it is starting to feature heavily in the back of my mind! I'm pretty good at picking up on E or I and j or p but the rest remains a mystery until I'm good friends with them. Occasionally I'll read a personality profile and think to myself "Oh my goodness that's......"
But even my best friend, I can't figure out what she is at all! I know she's an E and that's it! But that probably means she's an ENFp like myself - I think it's sometimes harder to indentify identicals as they still have their little quirks that throw you off into a spiral of denial!
Old 14/04/2010, 10:24 AM
Gone on holiday...

I type people at work, incase it is useful.

If I can't narrow down someones type to exact one, I don't sweat it. Sometimes it is enough to simply get a broad sweep of some of the information elements they use. Then I can combine this with how I see them as a person and that is enough to give me a working knowledge of what they will present/how I should deal with them.

Other than that, not particularly, maybe for instance a girl i'm talking to.

I find that i've became quite good at VI'ing ENFp's. I met an ENFp I knew by chance recently, I thought to myself, hey that person looks like ENFp and then I realised that I happened to know this particular ENFp.

So perhaps it is useful to become good at spotting your dual, I think it is, that's a large part of what it's all about. Perhaps that will ease your anxiety at having to type everyone?
Old 09/04/2012, 08:57 AM

I type people who interest me and people I see at school depending on how relevant they are to me. There is this girl who drove me on wit's end when I was working on a group project (I really hate those) with her because she was always so distracted and did very close to nothing. I asked her recently to take the test, and after a lot of her complaining of how long it was, she got ESFP. Makes sense. :P Typing people helps me understand the barebones of what kind of people they are, and it's interesting to find out their weaknesses and strengths.