Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 19/01/2006, 03:20 AM

Default Duality Seeking

Quote:
Another comparison will be between Dual-seeking functions. INTps are looking out for extroverted sensing , INTjs are looking out for extroverted feeling. Since both functions are the subconscious functions, they are likely to influence the subconscious choices. INTps would want to go power driven, moneymaking, sometimes risky places, whereas INTjs would prefer a happy, cheerful and exciting surrounding.
The above quote is taken from Sergei Ganin (SG??) articles in socionics.com

I would really love to have an expert to make a thorough explanation on Dual-seeking functions. Not just on INTp and INTj. Even though I am INTp I would like to learn more on this topic.

Actually that articles have clear up many things and now I know for sure I am an INTp = Introverted iNtuition with Extroverted Thinking.

It would be interesting if that articles can be expanded towards all the 16 type.

BTW, I'm new here and I guess this forum is also new, is that so?
Old 19/01/2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Duality Seeking

Quote:
Another comparison will be between Dual-seeking functions. INTps are looking out for extroverted sensing , INTjs are looking out for extroverted feeling. Since both functions are the subconscious functions, they are likely to influence the subconscious choices. INTps would want to go power driven, moneymaking, sometimes risky places, whereas INTjs would prefer a happy, cheerful and exciting surrounding.
Then perhaps I'm INTJ. I don't find the description to be accurate for me at all.
Old 20/01/2006, 09:57 AM

Then you better read the full articles.

That is why i ask anyone who is expert in this matter to tell more and elaborate. It will help a lot especially if it expanded from the orginal articles...
Old 20/01/2006, 06:33 PM

Another aspect of the dual-seeking function that Sergei did not seem to touch upon in that article is that people under the influence of the Super-Id functions tend to have a tendency to distort functions within the Block.

However it is diffrent for the dual-seeking and hidden agenda functions. Let use use the Ti function as an example.

ENFjs might think they are intellectuals, but when it comes to using Ti and telling facts they might not take the time to fully research information. They might start out factual, then start telling stories or misrepresent knowledge to the point of embarrasment by turning fact into fantasy and tall-tales. However, an ENFj might want to be within an "intellectual" atmosphere and it is what they seek ... But, I would not really say that that is an atmosphere where an ENFj is best suited, because they are not.

On the other hand, it is slightly the opposite deal with Ti and INFp, since Ti is an INFps hidden-agenda. Unlike ENFj who take actual facts and distort those facts, an INFp is more likely to accept things as fact that are not really facts and speak in a factual tone as thought they were facts. INFps think that they can analyze information properly, but they can not. They usually just look really silly ...

So, to sum up what I have just said [using Ti as an example]

Super-ID block - functions

Ti [dual-seeking] - wants to be in an intellectual atmosphere and uses real facts, but may not take the time to solidify those facts and might even distort those facts by telling fantasy stories

Ti [hidden agenda] - accepts things as fact that are not really facts, but thinks they are and may speak in an informative tone using information that is not factual.
Old 20/01/2006, 09:00 PM

I agree with rmc . When an ENFj tries to come across as intellectual , an ISTj would pick up on it naturally and would notice that it is all just a smoke screen and would feel the need to correct an ENFj due to the superficiality in the use of dual-seeking function. Basically using your dual-seeking function you should be able to provoke your Dual to react. Some people are that annoying naturally.
Old 24/01/2006, 06:13 AM

Yes, I've also noticed those two attributes of ENFJs and INFPs.
This probably means I'm annoying, but....Ever since I met this person, who I think is my dual, I've become increasingly obsessed with pointing out people's "illogical" behaviour or flaws in their reasonings. In my mind, I keep imagining myself illustrating, to this dual person, my ability to recognize logical fallacies in arguments, and having him respect me more as a result. I didn't know anything about functional analysis until about a day ago, and now I realize that Te is actually my Dual Seeking Function!
Do most people attempt to gain validation from their dual by manifesting this actually weak function? And, does it only make me seem more ridiculous and less desireable to my dual?
Old 29/01/2006, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marina:
Do most people attempt to gain validation from their dual by manifesting this actually weak function? And, does it only make me seem more ridiculous and less desireable to my dual?
I don't think it happens consciously, I mean the manifesting bit. I suppose it could seem ridiculous at fist to someone who does not have enough experience with their Dual, but it should at least make you noticed.
Old 02/02/2006, 11:03 PM

How would you explain ExFJ types who have mastered their role function and are able to transmit data with very little (if any) "make believe" thrown in? I've seen IxFjs do something similar with and I think it can be done with any function (if you are aware of the influences upon you) even your 4th. Still using model A.. need to memorize K/X.