Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 06/02/2006, 11:59 AM

Default Umbabarauma

One thing that I was always curious about is how people can tell other people's types with confidence while not being certain about their own type at the same time. It is almost like:

- I say, I can give you a driving lesson, madam!
- How marvellous! How long have you been driving for?
- Oh, I'm not even sure if I can drive, ma'am!

Do you also find it a bit strange or is it just me?
Old 06/02/2006, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Umbabarauma

even i have done it myself. the joy of finding a newer way to understand myself and the world was simply too much for me to contain! and there i went.......

"he who has a hammer sees everything as a nail".....................it was only later that i discovered it was a chainsaw!
Old 06/02/2006, 01:47 PM
Resident Transexual

Actually, it is easier to tell others' types then your own. You don't have an objective view of yourself, but you do of others.

For instance, it is easier to see if somebody else is smart, or goodlooking, or cool, etc., then it is to see if you have these traits.

Also, there is some sort of feedback on your correctness. For instance, if you type everybody ESFp or something, you are most definitely wrong. If you type YOURSELF wrong, you may never know!

But it is definitely easy (and completely unavoidable) to group people into similarities. Even before socionics, I would always say things like "Oh! You are exactly like so-and-so!" and everyone was similar to someone else in spooky ways.
Old 06/02/2006, 09:09 PM

It's probably easier to type people who are comfortable in their own skin and not constantly trying to compensate for their perceived or real personality flaws to impress you. (But even that can be a means of analysis).
Old 07/02/2006, 07:32 AM

Does anyone else find it easier to type well adjusted people, than those who may be a little disturbed.
Old 10/02/2006, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bone_Roller:
Does anyone else find it easier to type well adjusted people, than those who may be a little disturbed.
Aren't we all a bit disturbed?