Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 12/07/2009, 04:58 PM

Default Detachment

Which type is the most detached? What functions lead to detachment? Ti and Ni?
Old 12/07/2009, 05:12 PM
House Robot

What do you mean by "detached"? How do we determine whether a person is detached or not? What kind of behaviour (or absence of behaviour) is typical of a detached person? That's the kind of questions we first must try to answer if we want to get to the truth here. So how do you answer them?
Old 12/07/2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
What do you mean by "detached"? How do we determine whether a person is detached or not? What kind of behaviour (or absence of behaviour) is typical of a detached person? That's the kind of questions we first must try to answer if we want to get to the truth here. So how do you answer them?
I think that detachment is not being influenced by what is going on around you. If you see somebody falling you don't feel the urge to go and stop him from falling, you are instead in another world just watching what is going on. As if one is simply in a game, or what he looking at things as they were on TV.
Old 12/07/2009, 08:02 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
I think that detachment is not being influenced by what is going on around you. If you see somebody falling you don't feel the urge to go and stop him from falling, you are instead in another world just watching what is going on. As if one is simply in a game, or what he looking at things as they were on TV.
In that case the most detached types should be those with leading Ni.
Old 12/07/2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
In that case the most detached types should be those with leading Ni.
I see how Ni dominants can be pretty detached since they are capable of making themselves believe what they want to believe. But why would you believe that they are more detached than the Ti dominant for instance?
Old 12/07/2009, 08:22 PM

"I think that detachment is not being influenced by what is going on around you. If you see somebody falling you don't feel the urge to go and stop him from falling, you are instead in another world just watching what is going on. As if one is simply in a game, or what he looking at things as they were on TV. "

Great explanation of detachment. I watched a woman struggling to get on a train with a pram and felt terrible when my friend started helping her as I didn't do anything
Old 12/07/2009, 10:24 PM
the Omniscient

ISTp INTj ISFj INFp ENTj ESTp ENFp ESFj

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 12/07/2009, 10:26 PM
House Robot

Quote:
I see how Ni dominants can be pretty detached since they are capable of making themselves believe what they want to believe.
No, they can't. That's a myth. Those aspects of SG's INTp profiles are false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer
But why would you believe that they are more detached than the Ti dominant for instance?
You should read much more socionic material and other stuff if you want to gain a correct understanding of the types. Your question is partly answered by Jung in the chapter about introverted intuition and the introverted intuitive type, which you can read here (scroll down until you find it): http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm
Old 12/07/2009, 10:29 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
I see how Ni dominants can be pretty detached since they are capable of making themselves believe what they want to believe. But why would you believe that they are more detached than the Ti dominant for instance?
That is creative CC...on the other hand, you might say that INTj is detached because they are introverts, they deal with perceptions only to judge them, they gain understanding from their own intuition, and they use unbiased logic rather than emotional significance...

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 12/07/2009, 11:01 PM
The Looks

Quote:
Quote:
I see how Ni dominants can be pretty detached since they are capable of making themselves believe what they want to believe.
No, they can't. That's a myth. Those aspects of SG's INTp profiles are false.
Can you say "self-defeating prophesy"?

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."