Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06/07/2009, 10:57 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default Answer to Prom's question

Quote:
You don't exhibit an excessive use of Ti. You are an Te ego type like me. Don't forget that you are either an ISTp or an INTp. Have you determined which one yet?
You're the only one here who thinks that I am a Te ego type (since Ryan has disappeared). Can you prove your claim?

The description of both ISTp and INTp fit to a good extent, even more that ESTp and ISTj, but I am convinced that I am Ti>Te.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06/07/2009, 11:02 PM
stanprollyright's Avatar
stanprollyright stanprollyright is offline
The Looks
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 369
Default

Thank you for making a new thread about this instead of having this conversation in my typing thread.
__________________
So this one time me an' my bes' frien' Stan, we went to a church service. That preacher was talkin' 'bout hell. So Stan leans over to me an' he says, "I bet hell is like a PoLR hit every day."

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06/07/2009, 11:06 PM
JWC3's Avatar
JWC3 JWC3 is offline
The WILDCARD!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
Thank you for making a new thread about this instead of having this conversation in my typing thread.
Agreed, good job CC
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The wisest man alive
Religion = Lawn Chairs
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07/07/2009, 12:18 AM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
You're the only one here who thinks that I am a Te ego type (since Ryan has disappeared).
Ryan was totally right, and so am I. Are there really no other competent socionists around except him and myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer
Can you prove your claim?
Yes, that has already been done -- by both Ryan and me in the past. If you have forgotten the conclusive arguments, you should check old threads and not ask me to repeat it all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer
The description of both ISTp and INTp fit to a good extent, even more that ESTp and ISTj, but I am convinced that I am Ti>Te.
And you are wrong, because you don't understand that Ti in MBTT is something else than in Socionics. When you read descriptions of Ti in MBTT type profiles of for example the INTP type, what you actually read is a description of a mixture of a lot of and a lot of (creative) with some in it too. The truth is that you still don't understand what is in Socionics. Your conception of is faulty.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07/07/2009, 12:21 AM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Yes, that has already been done -- by both Ryan and me in the past. If you have forgotten the conclusive arguments, you should check old threads and not ask me to repeat it all over again.
Ryan did, you haven't.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07/07/2009, 12:27 AM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Ryan did, you haven't.
Your memory is not what it should be, but if Ryan has proven it, that should be enough for you. Accept the facts, and learn what really is instead of confusing both yourself and others with your false claims about your type.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07/07/2009, 12:31 AM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Your memory is not what it should be, but if Ryan has proven it, that should be enough for you. Accept the facts, and learn what really is instead of confusing both yourself and others with your false claims about your type.
I proved that I am Ti here: http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07/07/2009, 02:33 AM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
That thread proves that you are an IXTp and nothing else. You even state it repeatedly yourself in that thread, and you describe your own behaviour in a way that is only compatible with IP temperament. There is much more Te than Ti in what you say in that thread, so either you are joking in some very strange way, or you are so confused about the types that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

My guess is that the main reason you are so confused and so damn wrong about your own type is that you haven't learned Socionics yet. It is pretty obvious that you still don't understand and accept that Ti in MBTT doesn't exist in the real world. There is no Ti in MBTT's sense. What they are referring to by the lable "Ti" is -- as I have said more than once -- primarily a mixture of and , at least in INTP type descriptions.

There is NO WAY that you are a Ti ego type. Forget about that now and for ever. It is insane that you don't understand the basics of the types after such a long time. Learn it!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07/07/2009, 12:14 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
That thread proves that you are an IXTp and nothing else. You even state it repeatedly yourself in that thread, and you describe your own behaviour in a way that is only compatible with IP temperament. There is much more Te than Ti in what you say in that thread, so either you are joking in some very strange way, or you are so confused about the types that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

My guess is that the main reason you are so confused and so damn wrong about your own type is that you haven't learned Socionics yet. It is pretty obvious that you still don't understand and accept that Ti in MBTT doesn't exist in the real world. There is no Ti in MBTT's sense. What they are referring to by the lable "Ti" is -- as I have said more than once -- primarily a mixture of and , at least in INTP type descriptions.

There is NO WAY that you are a Ti ego type. Forget about that now and for ever. It is insane that you don't understand the basics of the types after such a long time. Learn it!
Why is my behaviour only compatible with Ip temperament? What behaviour are you talking about exactly?

By the way I think I am MBTI IXXP because only IP MBTI descriptions fit. But when I study each letter in isolation, it seems to me that I am an ambivert. Still not sure whether I am I or E. But there is something that makes me think that I is more probable: I resist any outside influence, I decide by what I want to be influenced.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.

Last edited by complicater-complexer; 07/07/2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07/07/2009, 12:49 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Why is my behaviour only compatible with Ip temperament? What behaviour are you talking about exactly?

By the way I think I am MBTI IXXP because only IP MBTI descriptions fit. But when I study each letter in isolation, it seems to me that I am an ambivert. Still not sure whether I am I or E. But there is something that makes me think that I is more probable: I resist any outside influence, I decide by what I want to be influenced.
IP temperament descriptions are almost identically described in MBTT and Socionics literature, which of course is exactly what we should expect since they are talking about the exact same biological phenomenon. The IP/Ip temperament is the same in Socionics and MBTT), so if you have an IP temperament you are one of the four types INTp, ISTp, ISFp, or INFp. In your case we know that you are T, so the only possible types for you are INTp or ISTp. Your whole attitude is, as you seem to have noticed yourself, clearly introverted. You observe and analyze your own reactions in a way that is difficult for an extravert to do, but for you it seems to come naturally (take a look at what you wrote in #27 for example).

Here are some typical indications of IP temperament in what you say about your own behaviour in that thread (and you have described your behaviour similarly in other threads as well, if I remember correctly):

"One of the reasons why I am not doing engineering is the search of comfort. People tell me that I care a lot about my comfort. If I have some fines notice because I didn't give back the book I borrowed at the right time from the library and I feel that I am lazy to go to the library and than to the cashier, I decide to keep it one more day."

"At a younger age I was encouraged by my family to work somewhere without being paid just for fun and for more socializing. I refused. I usually compare the amount of money I will get with the effort required. If I see that relative to the effort I have done, the money I will receive is little I stay away from the option, EVEN if there is nothing else I can do. I prefer to relax."

"Yes, but that happens only when I am pressed by time. But during critical situations I am excellent! For example, unlike most students it is the final exams that usually give me a lot of points. Past fall I thought I would end up having an average in the 70s. I worked hardly during the finals period and got an average of 85.15! Because of that my advisor told that he won't believe any more when I say that the semester will end badly." (This passage is in itself more of an indication of non-J temperament than specifially IP since EP types can also identify with it.)

"It happens to me that in the beginning people think I am not able to do something, I shock them when I show the contrary in a tough evaluation. My grandfather told me:"You are very unenergetic, however you are doing very well at college, I don't know why"." (But this is clearly IP again.)

"Depression is not a frequent emotion. Apathy is however there."

These considerations in the light of all you have said about yourself in various posts along with your test results is a clear PROOF that you are either an INTp or an ISTp. All other types MUST be excluded as impossible, because we KNOW that you can't be any of those.

I can't decide for sure whether you are an INTp or an ISTp, but I KNOW that you are one of these two types. And by now, you should know that too, if you have understood the arguments and can think logically. You seem to believe that it is much more likely that you are an ISTp than an INTp, and some other people here seem to believe the same. If you can determine, by yourself, that you are for sure an ISTp and not an INTp, then I will not dispute that conclusion. But you are not allowed to believe that you are some other type than either ISTp or INTp. I don't care which type you are of those two, but it is time to close the case. You have had enough time to be sure of which type you are, so which is it -- ISTp or INTp?

(Check once again whether you belong to the ST Club of or the NT Club. And check Keirsey's descriptions of SP Artisans and NT Rationals and decide once and for all which group you belong to. Then you have your final answer. That is NOT very difficult, in fact it should be easy.)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07/07/2009, 02:53 PM
king king is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 336
Default

My gut reation is ILI for your type.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08/07/2009, 12:04 AM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

I get bored during my free-time, I don't know what to do during it. So I can't be Si dominant.

SG will kill me if I claim that I am INTp.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08/07/2009, 12:13 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
SG will kill me if I claim that I am INTp.
Which is more important to you, someone's bad opinion of you or feeling that you've discovered who you truly are?
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08/07/2009, 12:59 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

I think ILI (INTp) is probably the most likely possibility for CC's type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post

SG will kill me if I claim that I am INTp.
I don't know if he'll kill you, but SG has been known to enjoy violent video games and throwing rocks at people.
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).

Last edited by RSV3; 08/07/2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08/07/2009, 11:51 AM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Which is more important to you, someone's bad opinion of you or feeling that you've discovered who you truly are?
I would like to discover who I really am, and I still haven't. I just consider what others say because they might have an insight that I don't. Certainly I do verify what I hear, in the end I will decide what my type is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I think ILI (INTp) is probably the most likely possibility for CC's type.
You will have to prove that I am N, the thing which SG thinks is false.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.

Last edited by complicater-complexer; 08/07/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08/07/2009, 12:24 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
House Robot
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
You will have to prove that I am N, the thing which SG thinks is false.
SG had problems seeing the N in me too. Those with Ne in the ego block seem to have some difficulty seeing Ni as N -- that's a general pattern among most of the Ne ego types I have discussed this subject with.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM