Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 15/05/2009, 06:20 PM
The Looks

Default ENFp's and change

Alright, so I am an ENFp and my dominant function is supposed to be Ne. I have read all the descriptions and they apply to me, and I am convinced that Ne is indeed my dominant function. My problem is I can be very resistant to change. I like to explore new possibilities with my mind and I adapt well to change, but I am resentful of things changing unless it is a definite improvement (later, once I get used to it, I don't care). this seems counterintuitive (no pun intended) with Ne being about change and possibilities. It could have something to do with me being heavily nostalgic, so maybe it's a Fi thing? An example of this would be when someone I spend a lot of time with gets a hair cut, I have a negative reaction, but once I get used to it I don't mind it.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 16/05/2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
"My problem is I can be very resistant to change. I like to explore new possibilities with my mind and I adapt well to change, but I am resentful of things changing unless it is a definite improvement"
I wonder if this might be due to having Te as a mobilizing function more than Ne...?

as a mobilizing function:
"The individual is keen on accumulating factual knowledge on subjects of personal interest and those that help him be more efficient and productive, but he's often unsure of his ability to find and select the correct information and is therefore attracted to people whom he sees as competent in that area and reassure him"

Perhaps this means that E*Fp's cannot comfortably adapt to change unless change results in something productive? Therefore they need to evaluate the process so that the E*Fp is confident in moving towards the next step?

For an ENFp, in particular, it would also involve so that may explain why when you, as mentioned, see someone with a new hairstyle it takes time to adapt to it. Subconciously you're likely questioning if it's
aestheticly pleasing or not
Old 04/08/2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
Alright, so I am an ENFp and my dominant function is supposed to be Ne. I have read all the descriptions and they apply to me, and I am convinced that Ne is indeed my dominant function. My problem is I can be very resistant to change. I like to explore new possibilities with my mind and I adapt well to change, but I am resentful of things changing unless it is a definite improvement (later, once I get used to it, I don't care). this seems counterintuitive (no pun intended) with Ne being about change and possibilities. It could have something to do with me being heavily nostalgic, so maybe it's a Fi thing? An example of this would be when someone I spend a lot of time with gets a hair cut, I have a negative reaction, but once I get used to it I don't mind it.
I have this problem too as an ISTp. I have a negative reaction when change is introduced to me, and need a day or so to deal with it before I can get on board. Like you, I need to know that the change is beneficial. I've also noticed that I don't resist change as much as I resist BEING changed.