Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 20/08/2008, 01:09 AM

Default reinin test--concrete questions

Choose the choice in each question that fits best. Certain questions are weighted more than others.

1. When you first walk into a room, are you thinking about how comfortable the room is how beautifully/tastefully furnished it is?
2. When you start a new job are you thinking more about the pay/benefits/location or more about where the job will lead you in life (i.e., advancement opportunities, etc.).
3. If you had planned a holiday, but then had to put the money you were saving for the holiday to another use, would you… still go on the vacation and find new ways to finance the vacation or would you not go on the vacation.
4. If someone asked you to describe the weather in your town, would you be more likely to generalize the weather (e.g., it always rains here) or give the weather trend (it’s been getting warmer every day).
5. If someone came up to you and knew nothing about socionics and asked you about it and what you thought their type was, would you rather describe to them what socionics is in general or would you rather try and figure out and tell them their type.
6. If people are discussing a problem on a thread, are you going to be more sensitive to the overall emotional tone of the thread and try and improve it, or are you going to focused on solving the problem that is being discussed.
7. When you are reading someone’s post, are you more likely to first notice the positive/strong points made in the post or the negative/weak points in the post.
8. When making conclusions, do you prefer to use concepts that you have formed as an individual or do you prefer to use concepts that have been formed as a group of people.
9. Are you better at multitasking or focusing on just one single task.
10. When solving a problem, do you see yourself as part of the process or do you see yourself as manipulating the process from the outside with more attention focused on the actual result.
11. When you post, is your writing more of a dialogue with a number of questions for other users, or are your posts more of a monologue, where you just make statements and do not really ask for others input.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 20/08/2008, 01:21 AM
Omnomnom

Choose the choice in each question that fits best. Certain questions are weighted more than others.

1. When you first walk into a room, are you thinking about how comfortable the room is how beautifully/tastefully furnished it is? How pretty it is, yes.
2. When you start a new job are you thinking more about the pay/benefits/location or more about where the job will lead you in life (i.e., advancement opportunities, etc.). Pay, benefits, location.
3. If you had planned a holiday, but then had to put the money you were saving for the holiday to another use, would you… still go on the vacation and find new ways to finance the vacation or would you not go on the vacation. Depends. I might try the former but still end up doing the latter.
4. If someone asked you to describe the weather in your town, would you be more likely to generalize the weather (e.g., it always rains here) or give the weather trend (it’s been getting warmer every day). Generalize, maybe. Talk about how it is and how it's been recently.
5. If someone came up to you and knew nothing about socionics and asked you about it and what you thought their type was, would you rather describe to them what socionics is in general or would you rather try and figure out and tell them their type. Both in due time. Type first if they asked me about it. Socionics first if they didn't.
6. If people are discussing a problem on a thread, are you going to be more sensitive to the overall emotional tone of the thread and try and improve it, or are you going to focused on solving the problem that is being discussed. Emotional tone.
7. When you are reading someone’s post, are you more likely to first notice the positive/strong points made in the post or the negative/weak points in the post. Depends.
8. When making conclusions, do you prefer to use concepts that you have formed as an individual or do you prefer to use concepts that have been formed as a group of people. Group concepts; they've been "proven", to me, to some point.
9. Are you better at multitasking or focusing on just one single task. I'm told focusing on a single task.
10. When solving a problem, do you see yourself as part of the process or do you see yourself as manipulating the process from the outside with more attention focused on the actual result. The latter.
11. When you post, is your writing more of a dialogue with a number of questions for other users, or are your posts more of a monologue, where you just make statements and do not really ask for others input. I'm always open for input.
Old 20/08/2008, 01:33 AM

Kanerou, here are the results of the Reinin test you took. I threw out all the anwers that conflicted with your answers from the exact same test you took a while back leaving only the answers that were identical:

2) Static- ENFp or INFj

4) Static- ENFp or INFj
6) emotivist-INFp or ENFp
8) Objectivist/serious-ENFp or INFj
10)Right/result-INFp or ENFp
11) Asking-ENFj or INFp

ENFp = 5/6
INFp = 3/6
ENFj = 1/6
INFj = 3/6

Results strongly indicate your type is ENFp.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 20/08/2008, 01:36 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Kanerou, here are the results of the Reinin test you took. I threw out all the anwers that conflicted with your answers from the exact same test you took a while back leaving only the answers that were identical:

2) Static- ENFp or INFj

4) Static- ENFp or INFj
6) emotivist-INFp or ENFp
8) Objectivist/serious-ENFp or INFj
10)Right/result-INFp or ENFp
11) Asking-ENFj or INFp

ENFp = 5/6
INFp = 3/6
ENFj = 1/6
INFj = 3/6

Results strongly indicate your type is ENFp.
I'd prefer you score it with all the answers, conflicting or not.
Old 20/08/2008, 01:52 AM
Sirena

Quote:

1. When you first walk into a room, are you thinking about how comfortable the room is how beautifully/tastefully furnished it is? could go either way on this one....ahhhh, comfort if i absolutely had to pick
2. When you start a new job are you thinking more about the pay/benefits/location or more about where the job will lead you in life (i.e., advancement opportunities, etc.). where it will lead me in life
3. If you had planned a holiday, but then had to put the money you were saving for the holiday to another use, would you… still go on the vacation and find new ways to finance the vacation or would you not go on the vacation. probably find a new way, but it would depend on other circumstances
4. If someone asked you to describe the weather in your town, would you be more likely to generalize the weather (e.g., it always rains here) or give the weather trend (it’s been getting warmer every day). generalize it, I guess
5. If someone came up to you and knew nothing about socionics and asked you about it and what you thought their type was, would you rather describe to them what socionics is in general or would you rather try and figure out and tell them their type. try and figure out how it fits him/her in their life, so latter
6. If people are discussing a problem on a thread, are you going to be more sensitive to the overall emotional tone of the thread and try and improve it, or are you going to focused on solving the problem that is being discussed. emotional tone
7. When you are reading someone’s post, are you more likely to first notice the positive/strong points made in the post or the negative/weak points in the post. depends, depends, depends...but i guess ill go with "positive"
8. When making conclusions, do you prefer to use concepts that you have formed as an individual or do you prefer to use concepts that have been formed as a group of people. individual
9. Are you better at multitasking or focusing on just one single task. multitasking
10. When solving a problem, do you see yourself as part of the process or do you see yourself as manipulating the process from the outside with more attention focused on the actual result. part of the process
11. When you post, is your writing more of a dialogue with a number of questions for other users, or are your posts more of a monologue, where you just make statements and do not really ask for others input.
dialogue

Old 20/08/2008, 02:18 AM

Sirena's results: inconclusive.

Sirena:
1) Carefree-ENFj, ENFp
2) Dynamic- ENFj, INFp
3) Obstinate- ENFj, ENFp
4) Static-ENFp, INFj
5) Tactics-ENFp, INFp
6) Emotivist-ENFp, INFp
7) Positivist- INFp, INFj
8) Subjectivist/merry-ENFj, INFp
9) Result-ENFp, ENFj
10) Process- ENFj, INFj
11) Asking- ENFj, INFp
Unweighted results:
ENFj-7
ENFp-6
INFp-6
INFj-3
Weighted results:
INFp-4
ENFp-3
ENFj-2
INFj-3

Old 20/08/2008, 03:05 AM
Sirena

Quote:
Sirena's results: inconclusive.

Sirena:
1) Carefree-ENFj, ENFp
2) Dynamic- ENFj, INFp
3) Obstinate- ENFj, ENFp
4) Static-ENFp, INFj
5) Tactics-ENFp, INFp
6) Emotivist-ENFp, INFp
7) Positivist- INFp, INFj
8) Subjectivist/merry-ENFj, INFp
9) Result-ENFp, ENFj
10) Process- ENFj, INFj
11) Asking- ENFj, INFp
Unweighted results:
ENFj-7
ENFp-6
INFp-6
INFj-3
Weighted results:
INFp-4
ENFp-3
ENFj-2
INFj-3
EDIT: changing my answer to Q7 to "negative." I am positive I answered this inaccurately.
Old 20/08/2008, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
EDIT: changing my answer to Q7 to "negative." I am positive I answered this inaccurately.
Okay, that would change your result to ENFp but the results are still semi-inconclusive.

Old 20/08/2008, 09:38 AM

My answer to majority of questions is - it depends - and I'm not joking.

I think this is where it fails. If you have clear dichotomies to chose from, then it is more objective, but since it could be either or both, you will pick one you think is correct depending on what you feel like at the moment.

Sometimes my initial reaction was to choose 1 answer but after reading the question again I was not sure or wanted to choose the other answer, etc.

Last edited by SG; 20/08/2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 20/08/2008, 09:51 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
My answer to majority of questions is - it depends - and I'm not joking.

I think this is where it fails. If you have clear dichotomies to chose from, then it is more objective, but since it could be either or both, you will pick one you think is correct depending on what you feel like at the moment.

Sometimes my initial reaction was to choose 1 answer but after reading the question again I was not sure or wanted to choose the other answer, etc.
Are you thawing to the idea reinin dichotomies? I've been looking into them but personally i'm still somewhat skeptical
Old 20/08/2008, 10:14 AM

Nah, I'm thawing to Ryan's efforts.
Old 20/08/2008, 09:19 PM
the Omniscient

[quote=RSV3;14217]Choose the choice in each question that fits best. Certain questions are weighted more than others.

1. Furnishing Taste
2. Advancement Opportunity
3. Stay Home
4.General Weather
5. General Socionics
6. Problem-Solving
7. Point Strength
8. Individual Concepts
9. Multiple Tasks
10. Result Separation
11. Interrogative Dialogue

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 20/08/2008, 09:24 PM

[quote=shadowpuppet;14266]
Quote:

1. Furnishing Taste
3. Stay Home
4.General Weather
5. General Socionics
6. Problem-Solving
7. Point Strength
8. Individual Concepts
9. Multiple Tasks
10. Result Separation
Do the kingdomality test and tell me what you get.
Old 20/08/2008, 09:28 PM

[quote=shadowpuppet;14266]
Quote:

1. Furnishing Taste
3. Stay Home
4.General Weather
5. General Socionics
6. Problem-Solving
7. Point Strength
8. Individual Concepts
9. Multiple Tasks
10. Result Separation
Results:
1. Farsighted-intj
2. Dynamic-intp
3. Obstinate-all
4. Dynamic-intp
5. Strategic-intj
6. Constructivist-intp
7. Positivist-istj
8. Subjectivist-intj/istj
9. Result-intj
10. Result-intj
11. Asking-intj
INTj most probable type based on test results.

Test is being reworked.. any further answers will not be graded.

Last edited by RSV3; 20/08/2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20/08/2008, 09:43 PM
the Omniscient

RSVp - Thanks

Comp-Comp - I'm the Prime Minister, same as RSV3

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 20/08/2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
RSVp - Thanks

Comp-Comp - I'm the Prime Minister, same as RSV3
Both of you are pretty close from my type, see what I wrote in the thread.
Old 20/08/2008, 10:29 PM

[quote=RSV3;14268]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post

Results:
1. Farsighted-intj
2. Dynamic-intp
3. Obstinate-all
4. Dynamic-intp
5. Strategic-intj
6. Constructivist-intp
7. Positivist-istj
8. Subjectivist-intj/istj
9. Result-intj
10. Result-intj
11. Asking-intj
INTj most probable type based on test results.

Test is being reworked.. any further answers will not be graded.
Tsk Tsk Ryan, make believing are we? My little calculation indicates otherwise...

1. Farsighted
|ILE|SEI|ESE|LII|EIE|LSI|SLE|IEI|SEE|ILI|LIE|ESI|L SE|EII|IEE|SLI|
| | | * | * | | | * | * | * | * | | | * | * | | |
2. Dynamic
| | * | * | | * | | | * | | * | * | | * | | | * |
3. Obstinate
| | | * | * | * | * | | | * | * | | | | | * | * |
5. Strategic
| | * | | * | * | | * | | * | | * | | | * | | * |
6. Constructivist
| * | | * | | * | | * | | | * | | * | | * | | * |
7. Positivist
| * | | * | | | * | | * | * | | * | | | * | | * |
8. Subjectivist
| * | * | * | * | * | * | * | * | | | | | | | | |
9. Result
| * | * | | | * | * | | | * | * | | | * | * | | |
11. Asking
| * | | | * | * | | | * | * | | | * | * | | | * |

EIE 7
SLI 6
SEE 6
ESE 6
EII 5
ILI 5
IEI 5
ILE 5
LII 5
SLE 4
SEI 4
LSI 4
LSE 4
LIE 3
IEE 1
????
Old 14/09/2008, 06:24 PM

http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=ru&tl=en
Old 15/09/2008, 09:50 PM

Old 19/07/2009, 06:24 AM
Quarantined

1. When you first walk into a room, are you thinking about how comfortable the room is how beautifully/tastefully furnished it is?

Neither. I don't pay much attention to those sorts of things unless it's really uncomfortable or the furnishings are much more beautiful or ugly than usual.

How is this related to carefree/farsighted? Both of these options sound like to me.

2. When you start a new job are you thinking more about the pay/benefits/location or more about where the job will lead you in life (i.e., advancement opportunities, etc.).

I consider both, but more the first option

Shouldn't this fit better under the judicious/decisive dichotomy rather than the static/dynamic one, with the first option being judicious and the second being decisive? Also pay, falls more under the decisive side.

See this article for an explanation: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...s_and_decisive

3. If you had planned a holiday, but then had to put the money you were saving for the holiday to another use, would you… still go on the vacation and find new ways to finance the vacation or would you not go on the vacation.

I dunno. If it wasn't too much of a financial strain I'd probably try to find a way to finance it. If it's going to cost too much, I would either go somewhere else cheaper or postpone it.

4. If someone asked you to describe the weather in your town, would you be more likely to generalize the weather (e.g., it always rains here) or give the weather trend (it’s been getting warmer every day).

Some of both, but probably generalize more

5. If someone came up to you and knew nothing about socionics and asked you about it and what you thought their type was, would you rather describe to them what socionics is in general or would you rather try and figure out and tell them their type.

How does this relate to strategy/tactics?

Well I'd try to figure out and tell them their type, explaining what socionics is along the way.

6. If people are discussing a problem on a thread, are you going to be more sensitive to the overall emotional tone of the thread and try and improve it, or are you going to focused on solving the problem that is being discussed.

I'd focus on getting the problem solved while maintaining sensitivity to the emotional atmosphere. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

7. When you are reading someone’s post, are you more likely to first notice the positive/strong points made in the post or the negative/weak points in the post.

I dunno. I see both. If I had to pick I'd go with the latter.

8. When making conclusions, do you prefer to use concepts that you have formed as an individual or do you prefer to use concepts that have been formed as a group of people.

Definitely the former

9. Are you better at multitasking or focusing on just one single task.

I can do either one effectively but prefer the second one I guess.

10. When solving a problem, do you see yourself as part of the process or do you see yourself as manipulating the process from the outside with more attention focused on the actual result.

Definitely the latter

11. When you post, is your writing more of a dialogue with a number of questions for other users, or are your posts more of a monologue, where you just make statements and do not really ask for others input

Easily the first one. I'm always asking other people questions.

Did I pass?

Would you like you for a child?