Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 27/06/2010, 05:03 PM

Default subtypes?

how do you find subtypes?do you find it use full or it makes more confusions to

you when trying to determine people types?
Old 27/06/2010, 05:33 PM
The Looks

I determine people's main type and usually don't think much about subtypes when trying to type someone unless they seem to be bordering between two types.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 27/06/2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serag View Post
how do you find subtypes?do you find it use full or it makes more confusions to

you when trying to determine people types?
Once you have correctly identified their type you then observe what functions they prefer more.
Old 27/06/2010, 06:38 PM
Gone on holiday...

As one of those situations though, I knew an IJ type who just seemed to use creative Se all the time. I started with IJ-Se before deciding if she was Ti or Fi leading.

In saying that she looked like ISTj.
Old 27/06/2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
As one of those situations though, I knew an IJ type who just seemed to use creative Se all the time. I started with IJ-Se before deciding if she was Ti or Fi leading.

In saying that she looked like ISTj.
usually i find it difficult to identify types with same quadra ,for example i make confusions between SF gamma subtype(s) [E(S)(F)p , I(S)(F)j].

i find it also more easy for me to predict the relation between people even if i dont know their types,but i fail to relate that to the core of socionics theory, i dont know how it will take me to master typing people, is it really take long time?

Last edited by serag; 27/06/2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01/07/2010, 12:15 AM

I'm somewhat new to socionics, but in typing myself I found subtypes to be distracting and overall anti-productive. I feel I did better by just finding my type through research, and then determining my subtype afterwards.
I would suggest, though, that if non of the subtypes fit, you should reconsider your type just to be sure.
Old 02/07/2010, 08:36 AM
Quarantined

Here's a simple method which seems to work pretty well:

Ask yourself if you are more similar to your comparative type (shared first function) or your look alike type (shared second function). If you said the comparative, your subtype is probably the first function. If you said the look-alike your subtype is probably the second function.

For example:

If you are an INTj (TiNe), your comparative is ISTj (TiSe) and your look-alike is INFj (FiNe). If you are more like the ISTj, your subtype is most likely Ti (shared Ti first function). If you are more like the INFj, your subtype is probably Ne (shared Ne second function).

If you are ESFp (SeFi), if you more resemble your comparative, ESTp (SeTi) you're probably Se subtype. If you more resemble your look-alike ENFp (NeFi), you're more likely the Fi subtype.

I think subtypes are on a continuum. Some don't have a clear subtype. Some have a slight inclination towards one subtype, others have a very clear subtype.

Or you could also read the subtype descriptions here, and see which one you relate to more. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps!

Would you like you for a child?