Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 29/06/2010, 11:46 AM
Gone on holiday...

Default Big 5 Test

I was interested in sitting the Big 5 personality test. I don't know if this is a good Big 5 test or not, but this is the one I used:

http://similarminds.com/big5.html

I wonder if anyone else would like to sit this and post there results.

I thought i'd talk about mine here:

Quote:
Results:

Extraversion: 36% Moderately Low
Orderlinesss: 28% Low
Emotional Stability: 56% Moderately High
Accomodation: 54% Medium
Inquisitiveness: 62% Moderately High

And the feedback of these figures:

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were low which suggests you are overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense too often of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were medium which suggests you are moderately kind natured, trusting, and helpful while still maintaining your own interests.

Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
For myself, I thought it was interesting with the Extraversion score, I do see myself as quite a reserved person and i'm not THAT particularly focused on talking a lot. I don't think of myself as a total recluse and do have an ability to communicate, but in a more quieter manner than many other people, so I think moderately introverted suits me. I am quite happy with this aspect about me as I am unobtrusive but still can hold my own, I think this is a nice thing and I feel a comfortable balance with it as it stand for now.

My Accomodation - this is something that I suspect would have been lower for me in the past, indeed i'm pretty sure of it. I think I have become more accomodating over the years. This accomodation is reflected in my ability to get on with people, most people see me as a nice guy, and even although i'm a little quiet, the feedback I receive in my life these days suggests that people either don't mind me or have some respect for how I conduct myself. I am pleased this has improved.

Emotional Stability: I think I have always been OK at this. In the past I could sometimes unexpectedly fly off the handle. I think I have looked at my ability to assert myself and that this has increased it more. I sometimes wonder if it is maybe good to panic a little though, maybe that I don't results in my low orderliness.

Orderliness: This is a problem for me. I've never been particularly an organised person, but I think that it has gotten worse for me. I need to improve this if I want to function in life to the best of my ability, I am hoping to build a routine for myself and over time it becomes more of a habit, I don't know other ways to improve this. I think i'd be happy being average, as I think that would be enough to give me an overall better quality of life in the society we live.

Inquisitveness: I think that i've always been inquisitive, but I was suprised at these results. My inquisitiveness is in science related things and in people in terms of psychology, behaviour, interaction. I study situations and people and things and find myself thinking about them, how life works, the repetition of history and such. I am not particularly a huge fan of art in terms of paintings and modern art. I don't mind going to art galleries as some of the things look good, often the ambience of the art gallery is an enjoyable experience for me, as there's so much history involved in the buildings themselves, at least the ones I have gone to. Overall I am not convinced of the practicalness of art, but I think it lives to free the mind for a while, and that on it's own is a nice acheivement for many people and it's a nice feeling.

I'm not sure if anyone wants to comment on what i've wrote, you can if you want to. Maybe you'd want to talk about the factors for yourself, it can be useful to look at oneself I think, and Big 5 seemed like an objective and useful way to do this.

Last edited by Cyclops; 29/06/2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 29/06/2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Extroversion 26%
Orderliness 32%
Emotional Stability 46%
Accommodation 28%
Inquisitiveness 86%

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being calm and resilient and being anxious and reactive.

Accommodation results were low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were very high which suggests you are extremely intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLUEI
Your Primary type is Inquisitive

You scored as introverted and intellectually curious.

Global 5: sloan RLUEI; sloan+ RlUE|I|; primary Inquisitive; R(74%)L(54%)U(68%)E(72%)I(86%)
Bookworm with a hard-knock background. Go figure.
Old 02/07/2010, 07:45 AM
Quarantined

Big Five Test Results

Extroversion||||||28%
Orderliness||||||||||||||||70%
Emotional Stability||||||||||||48%
Accommodation||||||||||||44%
Inquisitiveness||||||||||||||||||78%

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.
Orderliness results were high which suggests you are overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.
Emotional Stability results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being calm and resilient and being anxious and reactive.
Accommodation results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.
Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLOEI
Your Primary type is Inquisitive

I think I'm somewhat more accomodating than the test results indicate. Otherwise, pretty spot-on.

Would you like you for a child?
Old 02/07/2010, 12:11 PM
Gone on holiday...

Random note: it would be cool if socionics tests were as accurate . I suppose something like Big 5 measures behaviour and compares to other peoples behaviour, where as socionics is more about underlying motivations. How to put that into a test I don't know. Maybe looking at other psychology tests would provide some clues, I don't know. I doubt i'll be able to solve it.

Side note: we're all Big 5 introverts so far
Old 02/07/2010, 03:25 PM

Here's mine:

Extroversion||||||||||32%
Orderliness||||||||||38%
Emotional Stability||||||||||||44%
Accommodation||||||||||||||58%
Inquisitiveness||||||||||||48%

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.
Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.
Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).
Inquisitiveness results were medium which suggests you are moderately intellectual, curious, and imaginative.
Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLUAN
Your Primary type is Reserved
Old 04/07/2010, 01:39 AM

Extroversion |||||||||| 36% Orderliness |||||||||||||| 52% Emotional Stability |||||||||||||| 54% Accommodation |||||||||||||| 54% Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 62%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, structured, and self controlled while still remaining flexible, varied, and fun.
Accommodation results were medium which suggests you are moderately kind natured, trusting, and helpful while still maintaining your own interests.
Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

ah, forgot this: Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCOAI
Your Primary type is Reserved

Last edited by felafel; 04/07/2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04/07/2010, 03:30 AM

I dont feel like the RLUAN describes me well at all!!

But i didn't quite know how to answer some of those questions, so a lot of my answers were "neutral"
Old 04/07/2010, 08:13 AM
Gone on holiday...

Looks like felafel and I are the most extraverted people here! I'm such the life and soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjy View Post
I dont feel like the RLUAN describes me well at all!!

But i didn't quite know how to answer some of those questions, so a lot of my answers were "neutral"
No harm in taking the test again

Last edited by Cyclops; 04/07/2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04/07/2010, 02:48 PM

OK this is more like it!

Big Five Test Results

Extroversion||||||||||||48%
Orderliness||||||||||||||||62%
Emotional Stability||||||||||||||||70%
Accommodation||||||||||||||||66%
Inquisitiveness||||||||||||||||66%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being assertive and social and being withdrawn and solitary.
Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.
Emotional Stability results were high which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.
Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).
Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCOAI
Your Primary type is Calm
Old 05/07/2010, 07:02 AM

First liar hasn't got a chance.