Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 06/06/2008, 10:59 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
5th function is the primary seeking function with 6th as an ancillary or secondary seeking function.

When I say someone has a function that is seeking, I usually mean either the 5th or 6th. I don't know what other people mean when they say it.
This is also as I say it.
Old 06/06/2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I used to think I could use my PoLR before finding out about socionics. Now I realize I was just making an ass out of myself when I tried to use Se. Not having good control over Se sucks.
interesting....I've known a couple of INTjs who (well just one) who i recall them trying to use thier polar...till an ESTp stepped in to let them know....hey, its your polar--- don't go there---not for long. (but that would be a supervisor relationship)

Well maybe it is true ---i've sometimes mimiced the behaviour of TiSes.... maybe Ti is my polar.....but doesn`t that mean that you have to step in and teach me a lesson so i don`t use itÉ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
This is also as I say it.
But you cant really seek your 6th cause it is your activation or can you

Last edited by kensi; 06/06/2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
interesting....I've known a couple of INTjs who (well just one) who i recall them trying to use thier polar...till an ESTp stepped in to let them know....hey, its your polar--- don't go there---not for long. (but that would be a supervisor relationship)

Well maybe it is true ---i've sometimes mimiced the behaviour of TiSes.... maybe Ti is my polar.....but doesn`t that mean that you have to step in and teach me a lesson so i don`t use itÉ

But you cant really seek your 6th cause it is your activation or can you
Who knows what type you are Kensi. I'm starting to think now that you are an ENFp if you are tested solely by dichotomies but a functional analysis of you really does indicate ENFj. I usually trust functional analysis over dichotomy analysis so I think I'll just call you an ENFj and be done with it. My head is starting to hurt trying to figure out your type.

What I've started to realize is that it's hard to pin you down based on analyzing your mental block, but if you start examining your vital (or subconscious) block, it becomes more clear you are an ENFj.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).

Last edited by RSV3; 06/06/2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06/06/2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Who knows what type you are Kensi. I'm starting to think now that you are an ENFp if you are tested solely by dichotomies but a functional analysis of you really does indicate ENFj. I usually trust functional analysis over dichotomy analysis so I think I'll just call you an ENFj and be done with it. My head is starting to hurt trying to figure out your type.
Fair enuff....ttyl
Old 06/06/2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Fair enuff....ttyl
Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow to add some more stuff probably.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 06/06/2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:

What I've started to realize is that it's hard to pin you down based on analyzing your mental block, but if you start examining your vital (or subconscious) block, it becomes more clear you are an ENFj.
i thought i just rejected that notion, whats going on...
Old 06/06/2008, 11:44 AM
Gone on holiday...

Kensi, here is a test which may or may not (!) help, could you answer the following:

1. Are you proactive or do you wait for things to happen?
2. Do you find that you entertain people easily?
3. Do you feel it's up to you to initiate contact with others or do you feel it's up to other people to do this?
4. When initiating contact, are you quite happy to do this or would you still maybe prefer others to do it?
5. Are you impulsive?
6. Do you find it difficult to relax unless you are tired?
7. Do you tend to have roughly the same energy levels all day or does it change drastically over the course of the day?
8. Are you quick to take action?
9. Do you fidget a lot?
10. Do you take things as they come?

Also, could you arrange these activities and outlooks in order of interest, starting from most interesting to least interesting:

Spiritual, Sports, Clubbing, Philosophical, Gossip, Families, Humanitarian issues, Cooking, Parties, Music, Literature.
Old 06/06/2008, 12:09 PM

Kensi, there's a question I asked you in the previous page (or maybe two pages before) and it seems that you didn't see it.
Old 06/06/2008, 03:34 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Maybe you're not a dominant/base intuitive...such people have no problem living in different, albeit sometimes irrelevant, scenarios.
I never said I cannot imagine other people's scenarios or even be very empathetic in that sense. In fact, I've had to watch that before when reading books. I just don't see why I should try to be someone else in order to determine who I'm not. If you have to consciously force or be it, how is it you?

Quote:
Exactly , you try to be who you're not and in the process of realizing who you're not you become familiar with who you are.
Or I could just be who I am naturally and determine it from that. To each his own, I guess.

By the way, I read parts of the IEE and IEI profiles (Filatova's) to my stepdad (who has known me for between 15 and 16 years), as well as Beta NF vs Delta NF and Rick's IEE profile. He says Rick's is the closest thing he's seen so far, and that I am not Beta NF. Seriously, kensi, if you think you're IEE, read that.
Old 06/06/2008, 03:34 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Kensi, here's a test based solely on the 11 reinin dichotomies. Just pick the best answer (sometimes you'll agree with both options, but just pick the one that fits you best) and don't try to explain your answer.

1. When you first walk into a room, are you thinking about how comfortable the room is or how beautifully/tastefully furnished it is?

2. When you start a new job are you thinking more about the pay/benefits/location or more about where the job will lead you in life (i.e., advancement opportunities, etc.)?

3. If you had planned a holiday, but then had to put the money you were saving for the holiday to another use, would you… still go on the vacation and find new ways to finance the vacation or would you not go on the vacation?

4. If someone asked you to describe the weather in your town, would you be more likely to generalize the weather (e.g., it always rains here) or give the weather trend (it’s been getting warmer every day)?

5. If someone came up to you and knew nothing about socionics and asked you about it and what you thought their type was, would you rather describe to them what socionics is in general or would you rather try and figure out and tell them their type?

6. If people are discussing a problem on a thread, are you going to be more sensitive to the overall emotional tone of the thread and try and improve it, or are you going to focused on solving the problem that is being discussed?

7. When you are reading someone’s post, are you more likely to first notice the positive/strong points made in the post or the negative/weak points in the post?

8. When making conclusions, do you prefer to use concepts that you have formed as an individual or do you prefer to use concepts that have been formed as a group of people?

9. Are you better at multitasking or focusing on just one single task.

10. When solving a problem, do you see yourself as part of the process or do you see yourself as manipulating the process from the outside with more attention focused on the actual result?

11. When you post, is your writing more of a dialogue with a number of questions for other users, or are your posts more of a monologue, where you just make statements and do not really ask for others input?
Since the Reinin dichotomies are in dire need of empirical testing and you think that they might be helpful in determining an ambiguous function, I took the test too...hopefully the answers are applicable to 'T'
(otherwise I hope that you are not offended).

comfortable, unless the room is not at all enticing in this manner
advancement, the work is more important to me than the pay (alpha quad)
still go, unless I couldn't afford to or lost interest
generalize, though I may include recent trends if they are extreme
figure-type, socionics is too broad to explain at face value
problem-solving, and I notice others like me so that I can collaborate
positive/strong, though if none exist I may critique logical structure
individual, all of my concepts manifest for use and are self-derived
single-task, at best mixing up pieces of large tasks one at a time
outside, I even see myself as a problem from the outside
dialogue, though since I'm not very demanding this may be implied

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 06/06/2008, 03:40 PM
Omnomnom

Just for the heck of it.
1. When you first walk into a room, are you thinking about how comfortable the room is or how beautifully/tastefully furnished it is? Neither.

2. When you start a new job are you thinking more about the pay/benefits/location or more about where the job will lead you in life (i.e., advancement opportunities, etc.)? Pay, benefits, and location.

3. If you had planned a holiday, but then had to put the money you were saving for the holiday to another use, would you… still go on the vacation and find new ways to finance the vacation or would you not go on the vacation? Knowing me….probably try to find new ways.

4. If someone asked you to describe the weather in your town, would you be more likely to generalize the weather (e.g., it always rains here) or give the weather trend (it’s been getting warmer every day)? Generalize…as much as one can here.

5. If someone came up to you and knew nothing about socionics and asked you about it and what you thought their type was, would you rather describe to them what socionics is in general or would you rather try and figure out and tell them their type? Describe Socionics in general. Why tell someone their type when they don’t even understand the system?

6. If people are discussing a problem on a thread, are you going to be more sensitive to the overall emotional tone of the thread and try and improve it, or are you going to be focused on solving the problem that is being discussed? The emotional tone.

7. When you are reading someone’s post, are you more likely to first notice the positive/strong points made in the post or the negative/weak points in the post? Depends on how I feel about the person. But possibly the weak points.

8. When making conclusions, do you prefer to use concepts that you have formed as an individual or do you prefer to use concepts that have been formed as a group of people? Probably the group concepts.

9. Are you better at multitasking or focusing on just one single task. Multitasking.

10. When solving a problem, do you see yourself as part of the process or do you see yourself as manipulating the process from the outside with more attention focused on the actual result? Manipulating the process from the outside.

11. When you post, is your writing more of a dialogue with a number of questions for other users, or are your posts more of a monologue, where you just make statements and do not really ask for others input?
I’d say dialogue.

Quote:
they don't have to be completely the same...(and certainly not by mere description) just within reason the same.... but if they're completely different then we're not looking at there being 8 functions in both MBTI and Socionics.....there may very well be 16 in total....explain!
That there are 8 in each system is no coincidence....they do jive...within reason.

You only need to know the first 2 functions to have a systematic disposition. Knowledge of anything else that follows is merely a description of specific tendancies for that particular type already established.

In other words we don't need to establish another type (eg. push 16 types to 32 or something)
http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10274
http://www.typelogic.com/isfp.html

Are these the same?
Old 06/06/2008, 03:41 PM

Stop wasting time on bullshit. 11 dichotomies means 11 variables. Did Reinin have the time to do all the empirical observation to confirm that theory? It takes a huge amount of time and effort. Thousands of people are needed!
Old 06/06/2008, 03:44 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Stop wasting time on bullshit. 11 dichotomies means 11 variables. Did Reinin have the time to do all the empirical observation to confirm that theory? It takes a huge amount of time and effort. Thousands of people are needed!
I happen to find things worth a try. *rubs C-C's ears to see it if will calm him*
Old 06/06/2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I happen to find things worth a try. *rubs C-C's ears to see it if will calm him*
I am very calm
Old 06/06/2008, 03:49 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
I am very calm
Couldn't tell.
Old 06/06/2008, 03:50 PM

What's your problem? I don't understand.
Old 06/06/2008, 03:51 PM
Omnomnom

You sounded upset, as in ticked off. The situation did not seem to warrant such a response.
Old 06/06/2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:

....Might Kanerou be an ISFj ?????
No. My dad is one, trust me. She reminds me of my INFp sister. I know you're going to say 'not all people of the same types are alike' but really, the difference between my limited impression of Kanerou, based on written interaction, and my real life experience of ISFjs, is huge! It's a faulty comparison, but it's too large for me to ignore.
Old 06/06/2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
You sounded upset, as in ticked off. The situation did not seem to warrant such a response.
I am nearly always upset.
Old 06/06/2008, 03:54 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
I am nearly always upset.
*rubs C-C's ears and considers offering him a calming legal substance*