Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 16/08/2007, 07:51 PM

XD@Transigent's post.
Old 16/08/2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
You people out there have really weird idea about Ne, I can tell you that much.
Why is that idea wierd?

Though I don't understand socionics well. So yeah, I talk nonsence a lot. One of the reasons is that materials in my language are written by INFp with he's . They are hard to understand. But he explained it so. Because the theory is T, he could only explain it through he's T.

But now I'm on the spotlight. And somehow it is uncomfortable. I have my extroverted bursts, when I talk to lot's of people, am enthusiastic, open up much. The bad side is, it doesn't last long. For some reason, I feel very quickly tired from the people around me. And I will need to get away and find myself something dreamy to do. Like creating some story. To put some wisdom onto the paper. Or to withdraw into myself and to read philosophy.
Old 18/08/2007, 01:13 AM

SG, can you explain Ne. I want to hear your words about it.
Old 18/08/2007, 03:59 AM
Resident Transexual

The functions are difficult to really explain exactly, but even though nobody probably knows much about we can still say with certainty that it is not a cat. It is also not a toilet, or a shoe, or a bear.

It is not a job. It is not how much money you have in the bank. It is not a car .

It is not your ****ing khakis.

is the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 18/08/2007, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
SG, can you explain Ne. I want to hear your words about it.
Sure, as soon as I figure this out for myself.
Old 18/08/2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Sure, as soon as I figure this out for myself.
Oh great.. fat load of help you are...

Well since I'm not scared of looking like a idiot intellectually.
I'll start by looking like a idiot...
seems to be related to pattern matching algorithms. I've called Google a multiplier, and I stand by that assessment. It allows a person to search, match, filter and make complex relational calls to that database for information. It's not super fast, which is why N types have sort of a spaced out look.

could be something like trend analysis or comparative analysis, as well as even larger pattern matching algorithms, perhaps even a recommendation algorithm, like Netflix recommendation algorithm, it works slower but provides time analysis and more decision support.

I really don't understand . I have a personal understanding of if my type is correct however. I do however have eureka moments when I'm showering or working out, maybe that's unconscious .
Old 18/08/2007, 11:17 AM

Hmm.. I used to have a good explanation in my mind for some of the differences between and although I can't remember the exact words I had now. I'll give it a go anyway:

Right, to a certain extent, both types of intuition are related to things like imagination, spotting trends, etc., although the way they go about this is different. Some of the main differences are:

tends to transcend time, being in the past or future, following a sequence of events along a timeline ( is often called "intuition of time" but I believe it's a misconception that it deals with exact minutes or seconds). It is more likely to stick to a single "potential" or "possibility" (if ever it can decide on one of course) and follow it through to the end.

on the other hand tends to be less focused on sequences over time, but rather multiple "potentials" or "possibilities" of something in the present. An analogy I once read is that Ne might look at a stick and a trash can lid, and see them as a sword and shield (amongst several other things). is much more present-focused than , as it is concerned with alternatives to present reality, rather than how things change over time.

One way to visualise the differences between the two is that Ni is longitudinal (i.e. a single path following a time line) whereas Ne is lateral (i.e. infinite paths in the present).

Disclaimer: The following paragraphs I am less certain of. If anyone knows any better, please feel free to correct me.

ISxjs have Ne as PoLR and Ni as hidden agenda. They are generally insecure about change as a whole - but they are more comfortable with gradual change over time than several alternatives to present reality. Ni allows them to stick to a certain path - one they already know and are secure with, which protects them from the multiple possibilities that they so fear in the present. (I'm going to say now that of all the things I'm writing in this post, this paragraph I'm least certain of - I'm not 100% sure I understand this particular aspect correctly).

ESxjs have Ni as PoLR and Ne as hidden agenda. They do not like to think about what the future holds for them - it is likely they will not even plan what they want to do next week. Just like the ISxj feels insecure about changes to present reality, the ESxj feels insecure about what the future holds for them. This is why Ne is the hidden agenda - the ESxj welcomes alternatives to present reality, as Ne remains in the present rather than wandering off into the unknown future like Ni does. (This one also I'm not completely sure of my understanding of, but I think it's something like this anyway).

The reason Ni has Se as a dual function (functional mechanics aside) is because on its own, Ni could spend forever musing about which path to take, what decision to make, etc.. Se on the other hand is action-orientated and impulsive - it gives Ni a metaphorical kick up the arse and makes it actually choose something and follow it.

(Of all paragraphs, I'm least certain on this; perhaps someone more knowledgeable could contribute here) The reason Ne has Si as a dual function is because on its own, Ne could lose its grip on reality by constantly thinking of alternatives. Si on the other hand is all about physical sensation and comfort in the present - it gives Ne some grounding in reality and also helps it to relax.

Well, I think that's pretty much everything that I think I know about Ni and Ne (and also their dual functions to a small extent). Like I said before, I'm not 100% certain on all of this - I may be misinformed or have a misunderstanding on some parts, but to the best of my knowledge this describes some of the differences between the two forms of intuition.