Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 24/07/2007, 11:14 AM
WhyMustWeKill WhyMustWeKill is offline
In exile
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 199
Default

what would be the point of that? theres nothing i could say to convince anyone anyways
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 24/07/2007, 11:16 AM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,502
Default

Erm...To support you in thinking you're an INTj I guess *shrugs*
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 24/07/2007, 11:18 AM
WhyMustWeKill WhyMustWeKill is offline
In exile
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 199
Default

heh i don't support you in thinking your an INTj and you believe it anyways, why should i ask for that in return
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 24/07/2007, 11:29 AM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,502
Default

Because you have doubts about your type, I'm not.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 24/07/2007, 11:31 AM
WhyMustWeKill WhyMustWeKill is offline
In exile
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 199
Default

I'm not doubting my type. I'm just attempting to confirm it, which theoretically due to Ne should be impossible. Although theoretically those could also be considered the same thing, so maybe I am doubting my type, meh.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 24/07/2007, 02:03 PM
ValerieUGA's Avatar
ValerieUGA ValerieUGA is offline
One hot piece of INTj ass
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 170
Default

To be truly Nihilistic, the type is most likely to be xSTx. Unbalanced they will lack the empathy and abstract thought to understand the impact of their actions.

As I said before I find it very hard to believe that an INTj could adopt Nihilism. The idea that there is no true world or objective view wouldn't ring true to a person who‘s identity is rooted in truth. Even the most unbalanced INTj would grow to see himself as the only objective person and perhaps disregard other's contributions - but he would be hard pressed to believe he couldn't find truth.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 24/07/2007, 02:07 PM
Irkanda's Avatar
Irkanda Irkanda is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieUGA View Post
To be truly Nihilistic, the type is most likely to be xSTx. Unbalanced they will lack the empathy and abstract thought to understand the impact of their actions.

As I said before I find it very hard to believe that an INTj could adopt Nihilism. The idea that there is no true world or objective view wouldn't ring true to a person who‘s identity is rooted in truth. Even the most unbalanced INTj would grow to see himself as the only objective person and perhaps disregard other's contributions - but he would be hard pressed to believe he couldn't find truth.
I hardly think that anyone knowingly bases their sense of identity on lies.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 24/07/2007, 02:19 PM
WhyMustWeKill WhyMustWeKill is offline
In exile
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieUGA View Post
To be truly Nihilistic, the type is most likely to be xSTx. Unbalanced they will lack the empathy and abstract thought to understand the impact of their actions.

As I said before I find it very hard to believe that an INTj could adopt Nihilism. The idea that there is no true world or objective view wouldn't ring true to a person who‘s identity is rooted in truth. Even the most unbalanced INTj would grow to see himself as the only objective person and perhaps disregard other's contributions - but he would be hard pressed to believe he couldn't find truth.
You act as if ST types are morons. It basically comes down to whether or not there is an afterlife after death, and I believe that a lot of INTjs have doubts of one.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 24/07/2007, 02:44 PM
ValerieUGA's Avatar
ValerieUGA ValerieUGA is offline
One hot piece of INTj ass
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkanda View Post
I hardly think that anyone knowingly bases their sense of identity on lies.
Really? That is what you read there?

Quote:
You act as if ST types are morons. It basically comes down to whether or not there is an afterlife after death, and I believe that a lot of INTjs have doubts of one.
They aren’t morons. Any type can become unbalanced. And I don't see how God has to fit in the equation at all. Nihilism has existed in non-Christian civilizations.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 24/07/2007, 02:45 PM
Irkanda's Avatar
Irkanda Irkanda is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieUGA View Post
Really? That is what you read there?
No, I just think it's arrogant to say that basing one's identity on truth is type related.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 24/07/2007, 02:48 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

Valerie meant by truth as an aim and not that others live on lies.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 24/07/2007, 02:50 PM
Irkanda's Avatar
Irkanda Irkanda is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
Valerie meant by truth as an aim and not that others live on lies.
I was deliberately exaggerating. Truth is a human value.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 24/07/2007, 02:50 PM
ValerieUGA's Avatar
ValerieUGA ValerieUGA is offline
One hot piece of INTj ass
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkanda View Post
No, I just think it's arrogant to say that basing one's identity on truth is type related.
It's not arrogant. But to conclude that others live based on lies by me saying that INTjs are defined by their need for truth is not just an illogical leap, but a little insecure on your part, no?

Last edited by ValerieUGA; 24/07/2007 at 02:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 24/07/2007, 02:59 PM
ValerieUGA's Avatar
ValerieUGA ValerieUGA is offline
One hot piece of INTj ass
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkanda View Post
I was deliberately exaggerating. Truth is a human value.
No, it's not. In fact many types are more apt to believe in relativity than an objective truth.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 24/07/2007, 03:03 PM
Irkanda's Avatar
Irkanda Irkanda is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieUGA View Post
It's not arrogant. But to conclude that others live based on lies by me saying that INTjs are defined by their need for truth is not just an illogical leap, but a little insecure on your part, no?
You missed the point.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 24/07/2007, 03:11 PM
WhyMustWeKill WhyMustWeKill is offline
In exile
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieUGA View Post
No, it's not. In fact many types are more apt to believe in relativity than an objective truth.
And INTjs are one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 24/07/2007, 03:14 PM
Irkanda's Avatar
Irkanda Irkanda is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieUGA View Post
No, it's not. In fact many types are more apt to believe in relativity than an objective truth.
You didn't read the part about the Merry/Serious dichotomy?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 24/07/2007, 03:14 PM
ValerieUGA's Avatar
ValerieUGA ValerieUGA is offline
One hot piece of INTj ass
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 170
Default

I got your point. You think objective truth, as an aim, is a human value and not inclusive to type. You're wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 24/07/2007, 03:17 PM
ValerieUGA's Avatar
ValerieUGA ValerieUGA is offline
One hot piece of INTj ass
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
And INTjs are one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkanda View Post
You didn't read the part about the Merry/Serious dichotomy?
Please tell me your kidding, both of you.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 24/07/2007, 03:18 PM
Irkanda's Avatar
Irkanda Irkanda is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieUGA View Post
I got your point. You think objective truth, as an aim, is a human value and not inclusive to type. You're wrong.
If you interpreted the hyperbole as insecurity, you missed the point of it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 SOCIONICS.COM