Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 07/04/2010, 02:21 PM

Default What is it that Istps love about Enfps?

As an Enfp I can see what it is about Istps that I find great but I sometimes feel baffled that they'd return the feeling...

Obviously I can't exactly see it from their point of view as I am not one.

My half brother is also an Enfp, married to an Istp and their relationship is wonderful but I can't imagine me turning to my sister-in-law and saying "What is it exactly you love about my brother???" That's pretty damn intrusive!

Would rather an unbiased, strangers opinion!
Old 08/04/2010, 03:22 AM

I'm right there with you, True2form! I've often wondered what it is that they like about us... Why is it that my ISTp friend that I've identified so far, seem so interested in conversing with me?

ISTp's, we need your input here. x)
Old 08/04/2010, 03:55 AM

Yes! I have recently identified my friend (dubbed "birthday boy") in that other thread as a definite Istp and our relationship has always baffled me, but in only the most charming and hilarious way.

He seems constantly enraged and ready to insult but I'm always ready to hand it back and laugh off anything he manages to say. I'm one of the few people able to make him laugh....but I don't really understand how I do it!
Old 12/04/2010, 07:21 PM

What's not to like? They are talkative, goofy, independent, don't mind us ISTPs, have good common sense when they really need it.

I married one, and who else could put up with my independent streak. She does her thing, I do mine, and occasionally we come together. We seem to think alike, and when we don't we compliment each other's perspectives.
Old 13/04/2010, 12:29 AM

Nicely done And I think that's why we love ISTp's back.
Old 15/04/2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True2form View Post
Nicely done And I think that's why we love ISTp's back.

Nobody doesn't like IEEs.

ISTPs are just sitting out there waiting for their ENFp to drag them out. We are content to do nothing, but in the long run we need you as a catalyst. I have no idea why you think you need us, but every ISTp needs at least two ENFps at a time!
Old 15/04/2010, 03:09 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTPJIM View Post
Nobody doesn't like IEEs.

ISTPs are just sitting out there waiting for their ENFp to drag them out. We are content to do nothing, but in the long run we need you as a catalyst. I have no idea why you think you need us, but every ISTp needs at least two ENFps at a time!
I agree with this. It amazes me in a way why IEE's or rather what IEE's find interesting about us.

I just know that IEE's are the only type that I can feel I can be completely myself around, maybe it is same for them.

Well, I have some ideas of why they do, but, well, they are just ideas pieced together from various observations.

But i'd like to hear what it is they like about us.
Old 19/05/2010, 11:12 PM

they like the happiness.
something really beautiful about ISTps is if you hold a really nice piece of food in front of them
i was in a supermarket and this guy came in with this girl he was seeing. i bought a big tasty beer called "hoegaarden" and showed them in and the way he admired it from afar amused me largely. it was like something had gone off in his head. like when you see cartoons and their eyes go $$$!
Old 21/05/2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgoldgold View Post
they like the happiness.
something really beautiful about ISTps is if you hold a really nice piece of food in front of them
i was in a supermarket and this guy came in with this girl he was seeing. i bought a big tasty beer called "hoegaarden" and showed them in and the way he admired it from afar amused me largely. it was like something had gone off in his head. like when you see cartoons and their eyes go $$$!
You can buy a frosty mug of beer in a supermarket? $$$
Old 04/08/2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
But i'd like to hear what it is they like about us.
I'm an ENFp and I'm starting a relationship with an ISTp.

I adore the way ISTps are quiet but if you bring the right topic up they can go on and on and give you the whole two bites in a comforting, explanatory and rational manner. (Since opposites attract, too much enthusiasm is a turn-off for me. You'd be surprised how attractive rationality is.... just makes me want to push him up against a wall and kiss him!)

I love the subtle ways I can tell an ISTp cares about me. He's not showy or extravagant. His affectionate words are just rare enough that I know he means them... and boy are they are worth the wait! He can have me hanging on every word.

I like how he wants to take things slowly in our relationship, and often mentions that he's getting too involved too fast but he "can't help it."

I love his expressions. He seems to catch a certain amused joy from things that I say or reactions that I have, and I can tell this from the half-smile and confusion he gets on his face. Drives me nuts.

He always calls me "miss". I know it's not just a passing affectionate endearment either. He always treats me like a lady - and he treats all other women with respect as well. I adore that. It's a turn-on.
Old 05/08/2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgoldgold View Post
they like the happiness.
For me not!
Old 14/12/2010, 05:33 PM

I'm in a relationship with an istp and have been for many years. We are well on our way to marriage--so for this thread (and for myself >:]) I asked him what he loves about me.

Very simply, he said that a lot of things get him bored easily--activities, jobs, girls etc. But he's really looking for something that he will absolutely love and not get bored of. [translation you dont get me bored ever and that makes me love you the most].

I'm sure there are more specific things that he loves, but my istp is a man of few words. I usually can get what hes saying and appreciate when he's saying something really romantic. This was really sweet. <3
Old 09/01/2011, 08:33 AM

my heart just melted! hope that I can one day find my Istp this was so nice to read....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello View Post
I'm in a relationship with an istp and have been for many years. We are well on our way to marriage--so for this thread (and for myself >:]) I asked him what he loves about me.

Very simply, he said that a lot of things get him bored easily--activities, jobs, girls etc. But he's really looking for something that he will absolutely love and not get bored of. [translation you dont get me bored ever and that makes me love you the most].

I'm sure there are more specific things that he loves, but my istp is a man of few words. I usually can get what hes saying and appreciate when he's saying something really romantic. This was really sweet. <3
Old 12/07/2011, 09:52 PM

My mother is 'istp' according to socionics and the only time my mum lights up and is herself is when my sister 'enfp' shows up then I see a side of my mother she starts laughing (which I rarely EVER see her do and becomes more talkative). Now I on the other hand am laughing and making silly jokes and my mum gets angry. ... lol
Old 13/08/2011, 01:50 AM

Default ENFPs are the bomb

Wow, where do I begin? ENFPs bring life, love and intrigue to a world we ISTPs get so easily bored with. ISTPs need their five senses filled on a regular basis and ENFPs pull that off in spades, whether it's a creative way of telling about their day or expressions on their face or subtle body language that displays how they are feeling.

We ISTPs can pick up on minute details more than others because we are hyper-aware of everything. ENFPs are simply a perpetual source of yummy goodness. True2Form, just the expression in your photo tells me so much and yet, intrigues me to want to know more... what are you thinking, how are you feeling?

We ISTPs know that we will not get a flat response from ENFPs when we ask a question and we love it.

I think ISTPs can be misunderstood to not have feelings, when in fact we have an intellectual appeal to want to understand feelings, good, bad or neutral.

ENFPs, the less you try to figure why ISTPs love you and the more you just be yourselves, the more we will want to be with you.