Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 19/12/2009, 03:07 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m View Post
Oh, and to say an ESFp can think about himself that he's a "simple man" or modest shows an extremely low level of understanding, or complete confusion of the types - or simply, this argument was completely ignored.
The argument was certainly not ignored, but it is mainly an argument against being an N type. It is definitely not a strong argument against ESFp. So what you claim is false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_m
I feel sick of participating in Prometheus' absurd masquerade anymore.
It's good that you feel sick. Maybe that will prevent you from continuing with your false accusations and your bad behaviour.
Old 19/12/2009, 03:16 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
The argument was certainly not ignored, but it is mainly an argument against being an N type. It is definitely not a strong argument against ESFp. So what you claim is false.
The particular type of modesty being discussed isn't a common thing to types with the strong valued Se, so therefore this is not only an argument against ESFp, but also not an argument related to N type.
Old 19/12/2009, 03:19 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
The particular type of modesty being discussed isn't a common thing to types with the strong valued Se, so therefore this is not only an argument against ESFp, but also not an argument related to N type.
You are wrong.
Old 19/12/2009, 03:34 PM
Gone on holiday...

In regards to the type of humour common in the ESFp, I happened to recall this (from the second section of the link):

Here Rick quotes an ILI who he believes is describing a dual friendship with a male ESFp
Quote:
We also learn of what sounds like a dual friendship with an SEE:

ILI: "At this time I had a friend called Daniel... who was schizophrenic and hyperactive, but a really nice guiy, not at all intelligent but very feeling centered, tall, social and emotionally developed and easy going, extravertive and talkative, obsessed with sex, and would go on all the time about things like how long his dick was which I really wasn't interested in hearing about. He was the opposite of me who was (and am) short, intense, moody, intellectual, private, emotionally backward (not now, but then)... Anyway Daniel and I used to walk the streets of Melbourne together, a bit like Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy. He was one of my few close friends, although we were quite opposite".
So I think it's also pretty obvious that your Dad's humour and subjects of conversation aren't like that of a typical ESFp either. (and further evidence supporting what I and some others have mentioned about the typical subjects of ESFp discussion in the thread).

Last edited by Cyclops; 19/12/2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 19/12/2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
It is a very, very strong argument against ESFp man!

ESFp's try to appear more complex, famous, strong, confident than they truly are, this is part of their philosophy of life and consider the good tactics in dealing with all people, including closed ones (except "famous", which can't be used in this case). This is the winner attitude they value and they are often capricious.

Quote:
So I think it's also pretty obvious that your Dad's humour and subjects of conversation aren't like that of a typical ESFp either (and further evidence supporting what I and some others have mentioned about the typical subjects of ESFp discussion in the thread).
Definitely. ESFp's, even if not dirty in humour, they like to be shocking, moving, sometimes harassing, to get reactions from people.

Last edited by mihai_m; 19/12/2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 21/12/2009, 10:04 PM
Gone on holiday...

Maybe it's time to look at ISTp.

A lot of stuff that applies to the mirror works for him (and as I think SG said before, it can be easy to confuse mirror types), yet could perhaps explain that despite the extraversion he sees himself as taken on at some point in the past, he still thinks he's really an introverted type, and could maybe explain how he can hurt peoples feelings a bit more than one would expect from an F type without being aware of it, I think someone in the family mentioned, maybe in a roundabout way at some point.

Could also be that he thinks he is maybe an F as it's easier to get the creative function mixed in comparison to the dominant function.

Would still be congruent with the inter-type relations. I think he gets on well with cafeclutz?

And he seems to have a lot of Si, re some of the ISFp suggestions, and his apparent laid backedness in the videos.

Suzzy could still be INFj or INFp. Even if INFp it's not the worst of relations, but INFj activity could fit as well, till we get some more info on the inter-type relations with this in mind.
Old 21/12/2009, 11:12 PM

Found a clip of someone who reminds me of my husband when he was young. In this You Tube video watch the blonde haired interviewer named Trevor Marmalade.

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U2DKCuC_no

TIP: How to embed a YouTube video...

I see my husband a lot like the actor John Goodman.

Just adding a clip of John Goodman as I think he is most like my man than anyone else I can think of.

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkaRMdQleWI

TIP: How to embed a YouTube video...

I wouldn't call my husband my soulmate unfortunately but what I would call him is my best friend, my pal, my buddy, my playmate, my love. We laugh together, play games together, go out and have fun together. He makes me smile :-). He has helped me to become a stronger person. He helps me to see the positive things in life when I am feeling down. He is my sunshine.

Last edited by Suzzy; 21/12/2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22/12/2009, 04:08 AM

Found this link where Tom Goodman is typed as SLI/ISTp. Does anyone know of any other typing of him?
http://www.socionics.us/celebrities/sli.shtml
Old 22/12/2009, 06:17 AM

Yes i agree with you Suzzy. he is very much like John Goodman, even in looks...hehehe dad is a fraction skinnier though.