Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 26/10/2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
In order to determine whether he really is a night owl or an early bird we have to know when he works best, at what time of day he would prefer to do something important if he could choose freely, how his energy levels typically fluctuates during a typical day, and if possible also what his typical body temperature is like when he goes to bed compared to when he wakes up in the morning. A typical difference between night owls and early birds is that night owls tend to be warmer when they go to bed than when they wake up, whereas for early birds it is usually the other way around.

Ok so we did this little temperature experiment and his temperature at bedtime was 36.87 degrees and in the morning was 36.25 degrees.

Oh I think I remember seeing an energy level graph somewhere about the quadras if someone could post that here I would like to look at it, thanks.

Last edited by cafeclutz; 26/10/2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26/10/2009, 11:56 PM
House Robot

What is your dad's result on SG's Turbo test?

http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta_turbo.html

It would be nice if you also could make the test for him, that is you answer what you think fits him best based on everything you know about him.
Old 26/10/2009, 11:58 PM

In addition to SG's tests, you could also have him take this test I created (or take it for him).

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 27/10/2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:

It would be nice if you also could make the test for him, that is you answer what you think fits him best based on everything you know about him.
I will do the tests as I see dad and then ask him to do them this evening, though he dislikes doing them.

Socionics Type Assistant TURBO
Take 1 / Step 1
Take 1 / Step 2
Take 1 / Step 3
Take 1 / Step 4
Take 1 / Summary
If your type is ESFj - "The Enthusiast"In a relationship you seek excitement via an emotional bond with your partner. You skillfully combine your enthusiasm with an aesthetical understanding both at your home and in your appearance. A secure and predictable future is very important to you both in your personal and professional life. You like to see things simple and clear and the necessity to understand complicated things makes you nervous.TIP: Did the above characteristic describe you well? If not, then take the test again, but this time select the oposite column at the step, where you have previously felt uncertain, then compare the outcome...
Try again?© 2004-2009 Socionics Type Consultants

In this first test it was very difficult choosing between step 1 - introvert or extravert and step 4 - judging or percieving he could go either way on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
In addition to SG's tests, you could also have him take this test I created (or take it for him).
1. Which description fits you best?

Your focus is on productivity, function, achievement, efficiency, effecting change, building, engineering, business, and/or acquiring power. You are very pragmatic and seek to improve your own individual position.

Your focus is on the greater societal needs and problems; you often have interests in philosophy, art, psychology, sociology, and/or politics. You are very humanitarian and seek to improve society.

Your focus is on researching areas of interest. You often put much thought and time into an area of interest, finding information on the topic, making conclusions and deductions, and then presenting these plans, hypotheses, theories, and predictions. You value understanding and knowledge with less emphasis on either your personal benefit or society’s.

You care about people, making connections with them, and interpersonal interactions. You often enjoy hosting and going to parties, gossip, familial interaction, and other types of activities that value or emphasize socialization.

For this question in the short test I can't choose between the 1st and 4th, maybe number 1 wins out if you look at dad's whole life?
And for the second question I couldn't choose for him.
And the longer test wasn't working.
Old 27/10/2009, 08:13 AM

Oh and just remembered mum's nickname for dad is last minute man because he waits until the last minute to get somewhere.

We have an female ESFj friend who fits the descriptions very well. She tends to complain, is hardly ever happy and is very self focused on having all the things she wants in life, always wants more and better and is very verbal about it. Dad is not like her at all. He is generally a very happy positive person who is happy with the basics so long as he has his big 'toys'.

This man Ian 'Dicko' Dickson is the only celebrity that I can think of who is very much like my dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51u-98rmwuw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq7QmOxG2LA

Last edited by cafeclutz; 27/10/2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 27/10/2009, 09:21 AM

What dad looked like years and years ago !Thought this photo might help in visual identification.

http://www.socionics.com/forums/pict...4&pictureid=60
Old 27/10/2009, 09:59 AM

Fixed this test so it should work now.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 27/10/2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Ok, this is dad's results for this test.

Your socionics type is SEE-0 (ESFp).
Other possible types:
SEI (96% as likely as SEE)
IEI (86% as likely as SEE)
SLE (77% as likely as SEE)

Quadra: Gamma
Club: Social
Romance Styles:
Primary: Aggressor (72%)
Secondary: Infantile (28%)

Function Strength (%) Value ( %)

Mental Block
1. Se 36 36
2. Fi 39 39
3. Ne 14 14
4. Ti 11 11

Vital Block
5. Ni 14 36
6. Te 11 39
7. Si 36 14
8. Fe 39 11
IM Pathways
1. Se-->Fi (56%)
2. Ne-->Fi (22%)
3. Se-->Ti (16%)
4. Ne-->Ti (6%)

Ideal Partner: ILI-0 (INTp)

Mental Block
1. Ni 36 36
2. Te 39 39
3. Si 14 14
4. Fe 11 11

Vital Block
5. Se 14 36
6. Fi 11 39
7. Ne 36 14
8. Ti 39 11

Quote:
Dad's results for this test

Your socionics type is SLE (ESTp).

Quote:

Take 1 / Step 1
Take 1 / Step 2
Take 1 / Step 3
Take 1 / Step 4
Take 1 / Summary
If your type is ESFp - "The Ambassador"In a relationship you are in charge of home affairs, family politics and family welfare. You possess leadership qualities and are a skillful diplomat who knows how to manoeuvre your disposition towards other people in order to achieve your goals. It is essential to you that your being is governed by purpose and rationale and your actions result in immediate effect. You are inspired by and appreciate people with great vision and strong beliefs.TIP: Did the above characteristic describe you well? If not, then take the test again, but this time select the oposite column at the step, where you have previously felt uncertain, then compare the outcome...

Last edited by cafeclutz; 27/10/2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 27/10/2009, 11:03 AM

Well based on all the information we now have, I think it's safe to narrow your dad's type down to XSFp. Initially I was leaning towards ISFp, but now I'm inclined to think Prom may be right about him being ESFp (particularly after seeing all his test results), although I wouldn't call it a closed case by any means.

Old 27/10/2009, 11:11 AM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeclutz View Post
Oh and just remembered mum's nickname for dad is last minute man because he waits until the last minute to get somewhere.
Although I think some people have argued that ESFjs can tend to be late too, probably all of the ESFjs I know in real life tend to get nervous if they don't have plenty of time left if they are going somewhere. No ESFj I have ever met could correctly be described as "last minute man".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeclutz
We have an female ESFj friend who fits the descriptions very well.
Which description(s) exactly?

Quote:
She tends to complain, is hardly ever happy and is very self focused on having all the things she wants in life, always wants more and better and is very verbal about it. Dad is not like her at all. He is generally a very happy positive person who is happy with the basics so long as he has his big 'toys'.
Well, ESFjs are generally quite positve persons who don't appreciate when others complain too much. They tend to avoid negarive feelings and are rather bad at handling situations where others are expressing negative complaints, feelings, etc. So, I'm not yet convinced that your female friend really is an ESFj, even though she could be.

What can be said with certainty, however, is that ESFjs always put work before pleasure; they are definitely not members of the group of "childish" people (which includes me) that put their own needs first when it comes to playing with "toys", playing games during or before important work, etc.

Quote:
This man Ian 'Dicko' Dickson is the only celebrity that I can think of who is very much like my dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51u-98rmwuw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq7QmOxG2LA
After just a quick look at those videos (I haven't seen that guy before), I would say that Dickson clearly looks to be an S type. He does not give me an initial intuitive impression like your dad did. I would hardly think of ENFj as a possible type when it comes to Dickson, and he does not look and/or comes across as an ESFj either.

In fact, Dickson looks more like a possible ESFp, and that type is the one that suggests itself as the most likely after having observed him for less than a minute. Dickson has the kind of look that fits ESFp, he has the correct body type, he looks like an F type, and he does not look like an intuitive type. If your dad is very much like Ian Dickson, I will probably have to go back to my initial suggestion that ESFp seems to be the best fit for your dad too.

A sidenote: ESFps can definitely live up to the name "last minute" people. They often arrive late for visits, dinner at their house might be served several hours later than planned, etc.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the two latest posts before I posted this one.
Old 27/10/2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
My results for typing dad in this test.Had a lot of problems with it though saying inconsistant results and not letting me carry on to next part of test. In the end I just moved the slider on the top question to an extreme side and then it let me carry on to next part but wouldn't let me go back again to readjust.

Your socionics type is SEE-0 (ESFp).
Other possible types:
ESE (97% as likely as SEE)
SLI (90% as likely as SEE)
SLE (88% as likely as SEE)

Quadra: Gamma
Club: Social
Romance Styles:
Primary: Aggressor (78%)
Secondary: Infantile (22%)

Mental Block
1. Se 39 39
2. Fi 36 36
3. Ne 11 11
4. Ti 14 14

Vital Block
5. Ni 11 39
6. Te 14 36
7. Si 39 11
8. Fe 36 14
IM Pathways
1. Se-->Fi (56%)
2. Ne-->Fi (16%)
3. Se-->Ti (22%)
4. Ne-->Ti (6%)

Ideal Partner: ILI-0 (INTp)

Mental Block
1. Ni 39 39
2. Te 36 36
3. Si 11 11
4. Fe 14 14

Vital Block
5. Se 11 39
6. Fi 14 36
7. Ne 39 11
8. Ti 36 14
Old 28/10/2009, 01:59 AM

I found a guy on you tube who also kinda reminds me and my mum of my dad. Mum says that in 2:10-3:47 of the video when the guy talks about his medals and trophies took her back to the first time she went to my dad's house cause he took all his trophies out and laid them on the bed, he also kept them in a shoe box, then "casually" showed them to her. he is also a bit softer like my dad than the dicko guy is that i showed you in a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMkYSbxz_xg

Quote:

Take 1 / Step 1
Take 1 / Step 2
Take 1 / Step 3
Take 1 / Step 4
Take 1 / Summary
If your type is ESFp - "The Ambassador"In a relationship you are in charge of home affairs, family politics and family welfare. You possess leadership qualities and are a skillful diplomat who knows how to manoeuvre your disposition towards other people in order to achieve your goals. It is essential to you that your being is governed by purpose and rationale and your actions result in immediate effect. You are inspired by and appreciate people with great vision and strong beliefs.TIP: Did the above characteristic describe you well? If not, then take the test again, but this time select the oposite column at the step, where you have previously felt uncertain, then compare the outcome...
Forgot to mention that dad found it near impossible to chose between step 1 and step 2 which was introversion and exroversion in this test and we all agree with him, he is equal in both options.
Old 28/10/2009, 02:15 AM
House Robot

Quote:
I found a guy on you tube who also kinda reminds me and my mum of my dad.
Maybe that guy is an ISFp (he has the V.I. look for it), but I would not be sure that he is an introvert based on that video.

Quote:
Forgot to mention that dad found it near impossible to chose between step 1 and step 2 which was introversion and exroversion in this test and we all agree with him, he is equal in both options.
Sorry if I sound blunt, but he is not. No one is equal in both extraversion and introversion. It's not a scale with degrees, it's either or. You are either a type with an extraverted leading function or you are a type with an introverted leading function. You can't be a mixture of two types, you are 100 % one or the other. The problem is to figure out exactly which type your dad is here. The ISFp and the ESFp are to very different types when you look inside their psyche, even they may share some external characteristics in look and behaviour.
Old 28/10/2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
No one is equal in both extraversion and introversion. It's not a scale with degrees, it's either or.
Yes I know that he must be one or the other. Sorry my mistake for not clarifying that I actually meant just in this particular tests first question, we could not distinguish which option was correct for dad.
Old 28/10/2009, 07:58 AM

Is Adam Sandler a socionics ISFp? He reminds me of my dad in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaL4dsqjQF4
Old 28/10/2009, 09:35 AM
House Robot

Quote:
Yes I know that he must be one or the other. Sorry my mistake for not clarifying that I actually meant just in this particular tests first question, we could not distinguish which option was correct for dad.
Usually when people are unable to decide which they are, they are more often extraverts than introverts.
Old 31/10/2009, 01:15 PM
Gone on holiday...

Hi cafeclutz.

I think your dad is ESFp.

First thing I noticed when I turned the video on was that he VI's like an Se dominant so I was already considering that ESTp or ESFp were definite possibles.

Here's some other observations from the video:

passionate at work - needs a team that's motivated - suggests extravert
two cats fighting - the way he noticed it suggests Se awareness to me
gets emotional - F - passionate emotion possibly SeFi
sci fi with a moral story - star trek is pretty Fi infact
good with money - not inconsistent with ESFp over some other types (like ISFp or even ENFp)
poor schedule at work - quite consistent P type
talks too much - quite consistent with E type
competitive and ambitious - quite consistent with extravert and Se, although not only these but this part is a better fit than some other types.

These observations also type him as ESFp being best fit. [Extravert, Irrational (P type), F type, probably Fi and sensing].

Your mum, I think I thought she VI'd as ISFj, but she's INTp? It's possible, is there a video of her? I've only seen pictures.

Anyway whether she is ISFj or INTp, she would be in the same quadra as your dad, so it seems to fit in quite nicely again with ESFp for him.

Last edited by Cyclops; 31/10/2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01/11/2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Is Adam Sandler a socionics ISFp? He reminds me of my dad in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaL4dsqjQF4
INFp most likely and his is on celebs page as well on the main site http://www.socionics.com/advan/infpcelebs.html
Old 02/11/2009, 07:34 AM

Thanks to everyone for trying to type my dad. Looks to me like he is ESFp which was what we had been thinking for a while. Now it's like its been clarified. And its really good cause now I know what an ESFp is like.
If anyone has any more insight into what type they think I am or my mum is and reasons why I would love to hear them. Please post them on my other thread though. Thanks again .
Old 02/11/2009, 12:53 PM

Only 1 thing it doesn't look like he belongs to Gamma