Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 09/03/2006, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Type me, type me!

Dude, you have to help me. Why do you think you are intuitive?
Old 09/03/2006, 02:18 AM

Because I've always tested intuitive, I take poor care of my health in general, I'm not very sensitive to my physical surroundings, I'm always exploring new ideas and possibilities as opposed to pursuing betterment of myself physically...I could go on.

You think I'm ESFp? ESFj?
Old 09/03/2006, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilligan:
I could go on.
Yeah, go on.
Old 09/03/2006, 02:27 AM

My interests fall in line with many things typical of intuitives, all my friends test as intuitives (except, strangely enough, my girlfriend [ISFp by any measure]),I've been typed by tests and people as intuitive, I've always been a little on the clumsy side, I have questionable aesthetic taste when it comes to combinations I'm not already sure of...I don't know, I'll say more as it comes to me.

Want to share your hypothesis? I'm interested to see what you think/know.
Old 09/03/2006, 02:29 AM

So you have never ever even considered a possibility that you might be a sensing type? Just curious.
Old 09/03/2006, 02:31 AM

Yeah, I've considered ESFj and ESFp before now, but they don't sit as well with my traits as the intuitive types tend to. Regardless, I'm open to anything.
Old 09/03/2006, 02:34 AM

It is not ESFj or ENFj. Could you please post a link to your video in here as well?
Old 09/03/2006, 02:39 AM

http://media.putfile.com/VI-Video
Old 09/03/2006, 02:40 AM

Pictures of me:

http://photobucket.com/albums/e171/gilligan87/
Old 09/03/2006, 02:52 AM

So am I ESFp yet?

I've heard this before. Hopefully you're more insightful.
Old 09/03/2006, 03:12 AM

The way I see it you have Se written all over you despite your almost intuitive appearance. I have no doubt that you may indeed be interested in more N stuff than S. I've met S people before that were quite air headed and behaved as if they were fragile intuitives, but I also met N people that were the opposite. Testing and behaviour is quite irrelevant. Interests, well you have to give examples because there is a possibility that they will somehow interrelate to S although at first looking like N. The health, well S people can also neglect their health. I don't know what do you know about Se, but it is not just bullying and pushing, although I can kind of sense it a little bit from you, hehe. Well I don't know 100% which one you are, I would just go with ESTp but ESFp is also an attractive possibility.

Well, thanks for helping me, now I've got what I wanted and you've got what you wanted, what you do with your part of the bargain is not my business anymore.

PS Hah, impatience...
Old 09/03/2006, 03:34 AM

I don't really see the case for Se dominance. Could you be more specific about what the signs are for this in me?

As far as Ne dominance goes, it makes much more sense to me. I have constantly changing interests. As soon as the novelty of something has worn off, I do away with it. My parents were continually frustrated by me as a child because of my propensity to simply throw away toys that I had gotten bored of within a day or two. The habit continues even now: I move from one interest to another, always doing something different with my spare time. I realize ESTps are perfectly capable of this behavior, but I doubt that they would exhibit the change of interests at such a high frequency, and either way it certainly points to Ne over Se.

I actually have evidence contrary to an Se dominance diagnosis. Could it not be merely my role function that you're seeing manifest itself? Also, I had major confidence issues as a child: I would have been diagnosed as an introvert by anyone before the age of 12. I've never been a confrontational person in real life, at least physically: I challenge people in debate or discourse, but never intentionally to the point that a physical fight, or an out-of-context argument, would be plausible.

Obviously, none of this is definitive, but I'd like you to take it into consideration for your diagnosis.
Old 09/03/2006, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
Quote:
Originally posted by niveK:
The hidden agenda is a subconscious weak producing function. as an agenda tries to create health and comfort. It's not so much about being a health freak as it is about being comfortable with your physical state. I'm not exactly Captain Health myself, but I do need to keep myself comfortable. The hidden agenda is the most obvious when it's not fulfilled.
Dude, what made you to cross over and join INTp club? I've always thought you were an INTj judging by your posts, although I have to admit you look as either type on your picture.
At the time of the change, it seemed to make more sense. The type is still somewhat in limbo, but hopefully not for much longer.
Old 09/03/2006, 08:40 AM

What, do you have a plan?
Old 09/03/2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
What, do you have a plan?
I'm in "mid to late"-plan, actually. It involves being typed by an actual socionist.
Old 09/03/2006, 08:48 AM

Oh God, not by Dmitri Lytov I hope?
Old 09/03/2006, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
Oh God, not by Dmitri Lytov I hope?
No, not by Dmitri Lytov. I'm really curious about this disagreement that seems expressed towards Lytov by a few people while others seem to find him somewhat enlightening. I personally haven't had enough experience with him to make a decision either way.

Rick (of http://www.socionics.us) has the honor of typing me. He's shown himself to be quite knowledgable of socionics, more so than anyone else I've seen. I feel like I'm learning stuff just from watching him work.
Old 09/03/2006, 11:54 AM

GILLIGAN: Se dominance is apparent in your posts. compare your post to someone with N dominance: http://www.socionics.com/ubb/ultimat...52.html#000012

on this page, prometheus said: "What you say about indecisiveness is extremely intresting. One thing that is most noticable among some of my INTJ (fitting the MBTI descriptions of INTJs) friends is that they seem to get irritated by my indecisiveness and passiveness in certain situations. At least two of them have also spontaneously said that one of the things they consider most important is to know what you want (to accomplish). They seem much more certain of what their goal is. From my perspective they can be too hasty in making decisions without considering all the facts and not willing to discuss alternative solutions to a problem. Sometimes they say it's fruitless since it is a doomed failure anyway. That kind of thinking and behaviour I have always thought was due to their Ni function."

N types try to understand the theory and its inner workings, then they look for concrete examples while not relying solely on profiles or what is written on the internet. the profiles and behaviors are written by researchers who may not have it completely accurate. so how does one determine their type? through understanding the typology itself, then understanding how the self is explained by that typology. it is important to not confuse logical argument for intuitive argument. your posts sustain logical coherency, yet do not demonstrate an understanding of intuition. your posts instead are very "concrete" and very specific, yet do not demonstrate how N dominance influences your understanding or behavior. remember, the intuition is an irrational function that can see relations between seemingly unrelated things, such as "what is the relation between energy and matter"? or "why does god let bad things happen"? if you cannot answer these questions without using your memeory, you probably are not an N type. (hypothetically, a T type could validly answer these questions through years of trial and error, but the chances are just that, chances)

i dont find many S types interested in socionics, so i would like to ask, why are you interested in socionics?
Old 09/03/2006, 11:56 AM

oh, and that is an estp smile.
Old 09/03/2006, 12:45 PM

I think the preference for published information over my intuition in these matters is due to peoples' constant refutation and insistance on concrete proof; if I just say that I "just know" because of my ability to detach and objectively observe myself, nobody is going to believe me: they want tests, proof, concrete connections. I'm nearly positive I'm an ENTp. I've come to understand the little nuiances of socionics, and I think I have a decent grasp on what distinguishes an intuitive type from a sensor, and I can see the difference in myself. The empirical evidence is just how I justify it to other people, because it's what they want, and, given the nature of my personality, I care what they think, and want them to understand what it is that I'm thinking. I think it's a case of what's been rewarded by my environment in similar debates and discourse, and, in this case, strong empirical evidence and published information is what is generally trusted, so it's what I offer in favor of my intuitive guess.

I believe that my interest in socionics stems from the desire to understand the inner workings of people. I want to know what makes the little cogs in peoples' heads turn, and how it affects my relations with them. It's all about understanding: I have no real interest in the practical or business-related applications of socionics. I just want to know about it insofar as I can discuss it here and derive intellectual stimulation from it. That's all, really.

I still want to know what about my posts displays Se. I'm not seeing it.