Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 29/05/2008, 11:25 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

You do look quite pensive.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 29/05/2008, 11:29 PM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
You do look quite pensive.
....hmmm.....R you saying u would like to type me or at least take a quick shot at it, kane ?

just remember that feelers can be pensive just like thinkers can be jubilative (if there is such a word) if each one slips into recognizing and appreciating the circumstances in which their lower order functions can thrive for the time being.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 29/05/2008, 11:31 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
....hmmm.....R you saying u would like to type me or at least take a quick shot at it, kane ?
I meant RSV3, actually. But I'm not sure whether I'd be able to accurately type you. *goes off to look at kensi's posts*
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 30/05/2008, 12:18 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I meant RSV3, actually. But I'm not sure whether I'd be able to accurately type you. *goes off to look at kensi's posts*
whenever ur ready lol.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 30/05/2008, 12:19 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Will have to do that tomorrow. Later to you all!
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 30/05/2008, 06:37 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

OK...You should probably have someone else do that. No offense, but I'm very... rigid when it comes to typing (keyboard typing) - I refuse to use most text speak even in text messages and mobile IM - so reading your posts can be very grating. Maybe the INTj would be a better idea. As far as the photo goes, you have a very straightforward gaze, IMO. Not that I could tell you exactly what that means.

@ RSV3 - I agree with Fi over Ti for me now, but I'm still not sure about Ti PoLR. I admit it's not my strongest, and extreme use of it will rub me wrong. Not to mention dealing with the NeTi has left me unsettled (I have trouble telling whether he's serious, which is disorienting). Tch...maybe I am Ti PoLR. *indecisive* I do focus a lot on relationships; I tend to focus on the connections between us more than what is inside the person. It takes a good length of time around a person for me to be able to tell you a good bit about them, and I have to be interested in the person, or all that time in the same room won't matter. For example, I could possibly tell you more about friends I knew for two years, about 18 months, and around 6 months than I could a friend I've known for seven, because I was constantly around the first three, and I rarely saw the long-time friend. I can't guarantee that I can tell you a whole lot (about those three), but if you ask me what our relationship was like, I can answer easily.

Last edited by Kanerou; 30/05/2008 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03/06/2008, 07:39 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

OK...I really do see strong Fi over Ti. After some contemplation, I've seen that I really do focus on relationships. Looking back over some of my past fights with friends, I noticed this:

1st fight: Sent friend a note telling her something was said about her and asking if it was true. Was nice about it. Friend blew up. Ticked me off.
Various fights: Trying to break away from group. Same girl blew up at me. Ended up going back because I had no one else.
_th fight: Got tired of the crap and basically broke things off. Saw them around and became peacable with them. Moved and did not retain friendship.
1st fight with best friend: He assumed something about me, and I was already mad at him over something else (plus internalizing a bunch of other stuff). Was resolved when he showed backbone and stopped taking the grief I was giving him. I'll note that he tried to patch things up before that, and I was too mad.
2nd fight with best friend: Said something stupid and really hurt me. I felt that he of all people should have known better. In the end, it was poor choice of wording on his part. He never apologized, though; he didn't feel he had done anything wrong.
2 fights with group of girls: both involved someone running down my close friend (not best friend). First time, I blew up and told one girl to shut the ---- up. She did. Second time, I blew up at her and another girl because they were being absolute jerks to my friend. It also had to do with their being unsupportive of something that I now realize was a bad idea anyway. I already had problems with them, in part because of how they treated my friend. Made up with one of them because I'd be facing her in class for months.
Recent fight: Wasn't exactly a fight. Basically, a man (ISTp) stabbed me in the back with another girl. I still regret not telling him off, and I would've been good at it. After a year, I'm still mad at him - and her, for staying with him (it was a friend who thought I knew about their doings). Not that I'm trying to be. As a friend said, I don't forget easily.

When I asked one of my friends to describe me, she said that I "laughed easily and cared too much"; had very strong attachments to my close friends but pretty much shut out anyone else; and maintained my friends but also my enemies - as she put it, I don't forget easily.

I also have issues with people who assume familiarity with me; I tend to maintain a certain psychological distance with people unless I feel like establishing a connection - which is not often. It requires a certain - mixture of things that does not often occur.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.

Last edited by Kanerou; 03/06/2008 at 07:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 08/06/2008, 12:05 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

You are an INFj. No doubt about it.
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09/06/2008, 03:04 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

*blinks* Eh?
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09/06/2008, 04:01 PM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
*blinks* Eh?
Don't you think INFj is a good fit?

well I've always thought you were delta NF but now I've changed my mind from ENFp to INFj. I'll briefly describe why I think you're an INFj.

I think you are Ne because you have a really good imagination, love fantasy, and often spend a lot of time inside your head.

I think you are Fi because of all the reasons you listed above and because of the reasons I listed previously in the thread.

You seem to have an Se PoLR because you are always unaware of your surroundings.

You can often be very direct in your posts which is indicative of Fe as your ignoring (7th) function.

You appreciate knowledgable people which indicates you are Te seeking.
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).

Last edited by RSV3; 09/06/2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09/06/2008, 08:25 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default Loooong post

OK.

Ne - Greatly.

Fi - No contest.

Se - I did try to project Se during high school, though I think the closer people got to me, the more they saw my other side, too. Anyway, I had one guy whipped each year (and enjoyed it) - though I say this has more to do with how they felt about me than my aggressiveness - and expressed displeasure physically. And I enjoyed intimidating certain guys.

Fe - pretty much.

Te - is fine so long as the person does not lecture me or treat me as if I'm ignorant.

Other: I don't like being around people who are agitated; they put me on edge. I don't like being in the middle of what I feel to be conflict (whether it is or not). I'll argue with my dad until I realize we're at a stalemate once again. My mother dislikes conflict, and my only big regret when arguing with Dad is that she is around to hear it. I usually end up apologizing for the way in which I argued (feel convicted and all), but not for my opinion; I rarely apologize for that. If I realize that something I have assumed is wrong, I'll feel anything from a sense of humiliation to tears - depends on what I've assumed. Wrong assumptions about people hit me harder. I absolutely hate when people make wrong assumptions about me. Some cases just amuse me, though - such as a time I inspired someone to play a trick on our Commuter president. He never suspected me as the instigator, because I'm the "quiet one".

Quotes coming in a few.

High school

"It's the Drow!" Association.

"You know, every time you say [that you're refraining from saying something], I can look at you can tell what you were going to say." Friend.

"If the guy who is the closest thing to me can't figure me out, what makes you think you can?" Me to my best friend's sister, after she told me off.

"I was just reading the e-mail where you told off my sister. Which you did nicely, by the way." Best friend, during a time of conflict - I was PO'd at him.

'When I got this e-mail, I thought, well, now I can tell (my name) what I thought of her. Then I realized I didn't have anything against you. Until now." Friend.

"You can't help other people with their problems when you've exhausted yourself (worrying about friends' problems)." Best friend.

*joking* "You got a problem with me? You want to start something?"
"Yes - no, I don't want to start something." *cold, sweet smile* "But I do have a problem with you." Me, after running into a guy I couldn't stand (and for very good reason).
College:
"Right now, I'd say [my anger] is pretty much cold rage."
"Uh oh." Me and the girl that guy stabbed me in the back with, discussing my feelings toward him at that moment.

"Why didn't you tell me [about her]?"
"Because I knew how you'd react. I wanted what I could get. Yes, call me selfish."
"'Selfish' is pretty low on the list of names I have for you." Me and the guy.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.

Last edited by Kanerou; 09/06/2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10/06/2008, 03:20 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

*rolls* Wow, I had no idea I was like this in high school. It's so funny....

Two things to say:

First, I will apologize for yesterday. I didnít realize you were so sensitive about such things, and I was used to people who werenít, so I can admit that I made an honest mistake, and I wonít do it again unless you really tick me off.

Second, grow up. I walk up and you make a show of ignoring me. Youíre in high school, not middle school. And furthermore, I was ignorant in that matter. Cut some leeway. It would have been perfectly fine if you had explained what was wrong instead of pulling the crap you did. The many guys I hung out with last year tossed the insult (and worse) around regularly, as did I, and my own was meant in good humor, not to truly tick you off. Realize that, and quit being so immature about this. You wonít talk to me in person, yet youíll do it online. Make up your mind about this. If it was a discussion of what happened, and it was the only civil way to come about a solution, that would be one thing. But casual conversation, acting like it hadnít happened? I wonít do it. Heather had told me to apologize profusely if I saw you on last night, but I donít lie down like that. I will warn you now, boy: I will make my amends once, and you can do with them what you like. If you still choose to be immature, I can tell you where to shove them, even, but if you pull this 7th grade crap with me again, be sure I will lay into you. I wonít put up with it, and if it comes to it, I would rather leave than do so. You can ask Laurie and Danielle if you donít believe me. I donít mind having you as a friend, but not if you canít act your age. If youíre ticked off at me for this, then so be it. I really donít care. I happen to expect a little more from people, and Iím not afraid to let most know if theyíre sorely missing the mark. If it comes to separation, itíll be little problem to me. Iím used to it by now, and you and I arenít especially close. Well, you have my position. The rest is your choice.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10/06/2008, 03:40 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

You haven't changed much
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10/06/2008, 03:41 AM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
You haven't changed much
What?! I thought I was nicer now, at least.

To clarify what that e-mail was about: I made a joke insulting a guy's manhood. Common fare in my previous group. He took it personally. Fine. He saw me coming later and blatantly ignored me - down to turning away. So I had enough.
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10/06/2008, 03:45 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
*rolls* Wow, I had no idea I was like this in high school. It's so funny....

Two things to say:

First, I will apologize for yesterday. I didnít realize you were so sensitive about such things, and I was used to people who werenít, so I can admit that I made an honest mistake, and I wonít do it again unless you really tick me off.

Second, grow up. I walk up and you make a show of ignoring me. Youíre in high school, not middle school. And furthermore, I was ignorant in that matter. Cut some leeway. It would have been perfectly fine if you had explained what was wrong instead of pulling the crap you did. The many guys I hung out with last year tossed the insult (and worse) around regularly, as did I, and my own was meant in good humor, not to truly tick you off. Realize that, and quit being so immature about this. You wonít talk to me in person, yet youíll do it online. Make up your mind about this. If it was a discussion of what happened, and it was the only civil way to come about a solution, that would be one thing. But casual conversation, acting like it hadnít happened? I wonít do it. Heather had told me to apologize profusely if I saw you on last night, but I donít lie down like that. I will warn you now, boy: I will make my amends once, and you can do with them what you like. If you still choose to be immature, I can tell you where to shove them, even, but if you pull this 7th grade crap with me again, be sure I will lay into you. I wonít put up with it, and if it comes to it, I would rather leave than do so. You can ask Laurie and Danielle if you donít believe me. I donít mind having you as a friend, but not if you canít act your age. If youíre ticked off at me for this, then so be it. I really donít care. I happen to expect a little more from people, and Iím not afraid to let most know if theyíre sorely missing the mark. If it comes to separation, itíll be little problem to me. Iím used to it by now, and you and I arenít especially close. Well, you have my position. The rest is your choice.
I still think this behavior indicates Se PoLR + Fe as an ignoring function (7th). Look what wikisocion says:

"
EIIs are usually very straightforward about their feelings infront of others. What you see from them is what you get. Even at a party where everyone is supposed to be happy, they still find it hard to conceal their true feelings when they are in a bad mood. This can create distaste among the rest who feel that the EII is not cooperating by contributing to the positive and boisterous mood. This tends to lead others who don't know the EII well to have a misconception that he/she is a grouchy person by nature.
"
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10/06/2008, 03:53 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
What?! I thought I was nicer now, at least.
I was joking

I'm not sure what function you were using..because I think I can tell you were annoyed/upset so I'm not sure how much to take out of the text in terms of your preferred function(s) Also, how long did you take to prepare this email or did you type it quickly in one go can you recall?

I would say that you are using Fi because you're talking about correct behaviour and such..although not totally.

There is some Se there..but how skilled is it? because your basically laying down ultimatums, but then I don't think you are doing it to have power over the person you are trying to show them how you feel?

Tell me, where you trying to make them annoyed or show emotion back (try to think to yourself if it was Fe or Fi)

Also..when someone is annoyed, it can be a good time to see what their weak functions are..so ask yourself what you think they were. What are you not good at using? What function do you think lands you in the most trouble? (it is usually our weak function(s) that do this to us because we are not skilled in their use so it is often clumsy and can be a spot of bother so think about Se or Si or maybe a T function- if you identify this then it's another piece in the jigsaw and it's easier to see where other pieces go)
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10/06/2008, 03:26 PM
Kanerou's Avatar
Kanerou Kanerou is offline
Omnomnom
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I was joking

I'm not sure what function you were using..because I think I can tell you were annoyed/upset so I'm not sure how much to take out of the text in terms of your preferred function(s) Also, how long did you take to prepare this email or did you type it quickly in one go can you recall?
Oh. OK.

I probably typed it in one go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I would say that you are using Fi because you're talking about correct behaviour and such..although not totally.

There is some Se there..but how skilled is it? because your basically laying down ultimatums, but then I don't think you are doing it to have power over the person you are trying to show them how you feel?

Tell me, where you trying to make them annoyed or show emotion back (try to think to yourself if it was Fe or Fi)
I can't promise I would have left and stayed. I used it to make him fall in line - which he did, more easily than I thought he would. To lay down some background, this guy was younger than I, and between the two if us, I was definitely dominant (he may still have liked me at this point). I could say that I would've told off my best friend for the same thing - except he was always the one trying to fix things, and I was the one avoiding/growling at him. ^.^; The less dominance I have, the less likely am to tell someone off so quickly. I probably would have softened things up for someone else.

Not sure what my absolute weakest function is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I still think this behavior indicates Se PoLR + Fe as an ignoring function (7th). Look what wikisocion says:

"
EIIs are usually very straightforward about their feelings infront of others. What you see from them is what you get. Even at a party where everyone is supposed to be happy, they still find it hard to conceal their true feelings when they are in a bad mood. This can create distaste among the rest who feel that the EII is not cooperating by contributing to the positive and boisterous mood. This tends to lead others who don't know the EII well to have a misconception that he/she is a grouchy person by nature.
"
I understand what you're saying, and functionally, it works. Even conversion-wise, I should come out INFj (because I used to be very confused about S/N). However, I don't see myself as having the Ij temperament. I think I act more IEE, though EII functions do fit me much better. I don't know what the deal is.

A scene from last night, at my house (my mother's room, specifically):

Me: Hey, nice (picture) frames.
Mom: ......You just now noticed those?! They've been up for a year.
Me: Have they been up that long?
Mom: Since last summer.
Me: ........... *laughing*
__________________
http://www.formspring.me/ryeneastraelis Ask away. Naturally, I reserve the right to ignore or delete questions.

Last edited by Kanerou; 10/06/2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11/06/2008, 12:10 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Oh. OK.

I probably typed it in one go.



I can't promise I would have left and stayed. I used it to make him fall in line - which he did, more easily than I thought he would. To lay down some background, this guy was younger than I, and between the two if us, I was definitely dominant (he may still have liked me at this point). I could say that I would've told off my best friend for the same thing - except he was always the one trying to fix things, and I was the one avoiding/growling at him. ^.^; The less dominance I have, the less likely am to tell someone off so quickly. I probably would have softened things up for someone else.

Not sure what my absolute weakest function is.



I understand what you're saying, and functionally, it works. Even conversion-wise, I should come out INFj (because I used to be very confused about S/N). However, I don't see myself as having the Ij temperament. I think I act more IEE, though EII functions do fit me much better. I don't know what the deal is.

A scene from last night, at my house (my mother's room, specifically):

Me: Hey, nice (picture) frames.
Mom: ......You just now noticed those?! They've been up for a year.
Me: Have they been up that long?
Mom: Since last summer.
Me: ........... *laughing*
Yeah, that conversations just indicates N in your ego block (and maybe Se as your PoLR). I think both ENFp or INFj are reasonable possibilities (remember I first swore you were an ENFp and then halfway through the thread switched over to INFj).
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 11/06/2008, 12:47 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Yeah, that conversations just indicates N in your ego block (and maybe Se as your PoLR). I think both ENFp or INFj are reasonable possibilities (remember I first swore you were an ENFp and then halfway through the thread switched over to INFj).
RSV3, I respect your comments cause you,unlike other types, can stay at a distance in your observations and not get too personal in them etc etc......Do you think in any way that she might be an MBTI ISFP (I've noticed in reading some of her dialogue that she retains a certain SP nature in her comments) for the following reason....... MBTI ISFP is quite capable of presenting FiN attitude, however this does not translate to FiNe but rather FiNi. FiNi is not a phenomena often talked about. It would be the equivalent of a socionics function 1 and 6. This in essence is an activation feel. FiNi, however, if misinterpreted can create any sort of an overall NF feel. What do you think? ....is there any chance?........I havn't read that much about her, maybe you've read more.....


Now let me reitterate that i have never met her so i can't tell her.....it s up to herself to decide.....or go by the trusted advice of somebody she respects (apparently not me,lol).
__________________
Some Sort of Si + Fi valueing type.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 11/06/2008, 01:35 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
RSV3, I respect your comments cause you,unlike other types, can stay at a distance in your observations and not get too personal in them etc etc......Do you think in any way that she might be an MBTI ISFP (I've noticed in reading some of her dialogue that she retains a certain SP nature in her comments) for the following reason....... MBTI ISFP is quite capable of presenting FiN attitude, however this does not translate to FiNe but rather FiNi. FiNi is not a phenomena often talked about. It would be the equivalent of a socionics function 1 and 6. This in essence is an activation feel. FiNi, however, if misinterpreted can create any sort of an overall NF feel. What do you think? ....is there any chance?........I havn't read that much about her, maybe you've read more.....


Now let me reitterate that i have never met her so i can't tell her.....it s up to herself to decide.....or go by the trusted advice of somebody she respects (apparently not me,lol).
I doubt she's an MBTI ISFP; I think that she is a delta NF which would correlate to an MBTI XNFX.
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 SOCIONICS.COM