Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 09/04/2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I think ENFj is a distinct possibility for you. What makes you think you are introverted?
Shucks, you found me out. The content and style of my message sure give me away. Plus that profile picture. I'm just too cute to be an introvert. I think I'll go to the club now and dance on a table in a skimpy outfit with lots and lots of booze, noise, smoke and human bodies crowding my personal space. Or should I invite my 856 girlfriends over for a month-long sleepover? Decisions, decisions...
Old 15/04/2009, 08:37 AM

Default A return to forum posting...

Hey everyone, I'm just returning to forum posting after getting away from it for quite a few years. I figured since I come by this site fairly often it'd be fun to join the forums.

I'm a self professed INFJ after having tested into it for several years consistently (across a number of different tests). So I'm fairly confident as far as that goes. As for myself specifically I tend to be a bit reserved in person, yet a rather prolific writer on the net. I've had an increasing interest in psychology but I"m also an avid gamer, reader, biker, etc. All my interests seem to come in cycles so it always seems like I'm doing something new. Nice to meet everyone. I'm never very good at introductions, but I'm always open to questions. So hopefully that will make up for that.
Old 15/04/2009, 06:29 PM

Hope you'll enjoy your stay!
Old 15/04/2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watergirl82 View Post
Shucks, you found me out. The content and style of my message sure give me away. Plus that profile picture. I'm just too cute to be an introvert. I think I'll go to the club now and dance on a table in a skimpy outfit with lots and lots of booze, noise, smoke and human bodies crowding my personal space. Or should I invite my 856 girlfriends over for a month-long sleepover? Decisions, decisions...
Haha, ok.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 16/04/2009, 03:43 AM

RSV3 - I was surprised at your suggestion. That is, I experienced some major cognitive dissonance. I learned to extrovert in order to survive an introvert-hostile family. It's been a long process coming to terms with my introversion, so to be questioned on it now is quite ironic.

I've read the profile for the ENFJ and I certainly see some relation, especially in terms of feeling other people's emotions. Also, I really want to connect with others. The catch: social interaction drains me to no end. My needs for space and solitude make me a hermit. I donít trust people easily and I suck at talking about how I really feel, which my previous posts should evidence. As far as I know, extroverts love yapping about problems with others and getting everyoneís and their uncleís cheap 2 cents. I only confide in highly trusted persons, one on one, and after Iíve already mulled over what I want to say, and how I think and feel about something.

I have a good photographic and musical memory, which helps me "imitate" extroverts in public settings. It makes me hard to get know and drives some people to try extra hard to figure me out.

I took the socionics type assistant twice. It put me as INFP both times. I read the profile and it seems to fit, except I donít understand (^_^) whatís meant by the INFPís weakness Ė understanding.

Most likeable to me personally is INTJ. Completely do not give a care what others think. Weirdness olympics. May neglect basic needs. Haha. Gotta love it.
Old 18/04/2009, 10:32 PM

Default Greetings

Hi,

I'm new to the socionics forum although not new to the site. I enjoy reading the Q&A section and sometimes answer questions. I'm probably best categorized as an Enneagram 5, not necessarily highly cerebral as some of the descriptions tend describe E5s. I'm undecided on socionics type - usually test INTx or INTp. In any case, I'm fairly quiet, like to listen, watch, observe and learn.
Old 19/04/2009, 02:36 AM
Omnomnom

Welcome.

(filler)
Old 27/04/2009, 05:05 PM
The Looks

Hi, I'm stanprollyright. I am just out of my Freshman year of college, and was introduced to socionics by a friend (jwc3) at the beginning of the year, but neither of us got terribly interested until a few months ago. Now we're both obsessed. My real name is NOT Stan or anything resembling it, it comes from an inside joke from a long time ago. I consistently test as an ENFp, and every description I read seems to support this.
Old 27/04/2009, 05:48 PM
The WILDCARD!

I am Joseph William Cox III, I am Ruggedly Handsome, Unbelievably Intelligent, and the coolest most awesomest person ever. End of story. Also I Rock the Casba.

P.S. I'm Also the most modestest and humblest person to ever grace the face of this earth.
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 27/04/2009, 08:29 PM

I know I'm repeating myself, but since you guys made it official ....
spr ... or SPR (j/k) !
JWC3 (... or do you prefer Joseph ??) !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
I am Joseph William Cox III, I am Ruggedly Handsome, Unbelievably Intelligent, and the coolest most awesomest person ever. End of story. Also I Rock the Casba.
Uhm ... and you forgot the

Quote:
P.S. I'm Also the most modestest and humblest person to ever grace the face of this earth.
Nope!

PS: Hope you guys will enjoy your stay!
Old 28/04/2009, 02:46 AM
The WILDCARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
I know I'm repeating myself, but since you guys made it official ....
spr ... or SPR (j/k) !
JWC3 (... or do you prefer Joseph ??) !

Uhm ... and you forgot the

Nope!

PS: Hope you guys will enjoy your stay!
Lol you win, and Joe is fine, though i doubt it will come up much in a internet context
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 30/04/2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Lol you win, and Joe is fine, though i doubt it will come up much in a internet context
Okee dokee! Wanted to say see you on the chatbox but I've seen you already arrived.
Old 10/05/2009, 05:31 AM

Hi,

I've been poking around the website now for a few weeks, trying to figure out what I may be but am having a hell of a time doing it, I seem to fall into just about any INxx category on varying levels, but generally end up with INTx on the actual tests, and a further tendency into INTj. I'm having fun doing it, but it's also a more serious matter for myself, trying to figure out what I am and trying to, probably, over-psychoanalyze myself. I might make you guys help me decide at some point, whenever I quit being so lazy.

Anyway, thanks for the website to all the mods, it's interesting and keeps me interested in figuring myself out. And that more or less concludes my little intro schpeel.
Old 10/05/2009, 05:53 AM
The WILDCARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiii View Post
Hi,

I've been poking around the website now for a few weeks, trying to figure out what I may be but am having a hell of a time doing it, I seem to fall into just about any INxx category on varying levels, but generally end up with INTx on the actual tests, and a further tendency into INTj. I'm having fun doing it, but it's also a more serious matter for myself, trying to figure out what I am and trying to, probably, over-psychoanalyze myself. I might make you guys help me decide at some point, whenever I quit being so lazy.

Anyway, thanks for the website to all the mods, it's interesting and keeps me interested in figuring myself out. And that more or less concludes my little intro schpeel.
Hiya! and enjoy your stay
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 10/05/2009, 11:51 AM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkronus View Post
I'm probably best categorized as an Enneagram 5, not necessarily highly cerebral as some of the descriptions tend describe E5s. I'm undecided on socionics type - usually test INTx or INTp. In any case, I'm fairly quiet, like to listen, watch, observe and learn.
Based on that information -- perfect fit with INTp, unlikely to be INTj.
Old 11/05/2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiii View Post
Hi,

Zodiii!

Enjoy your stay .... and feel free to ask.
Old 26/05/2009, 06:09 AM

hello I just friekin discovered socionics yesterday. anyway, I 1st was introduced to the 4 letter temperament sorter through a test, then bought Kersey's book Please understand me II. its pretty good. I'm a dude and I like to profile people so that I can better understand them.
Old 26/05/2009, 04:30 PM
The WILDCARD!

THERES A 2nd ONE?! *runs to the library* Oh and HI!
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 28/05/2009, 06:06 PM
The Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
hello I just friekin discovered socionics yesterday. anyway, I 1st was introduced to the 4 letter temperament sorter through a test, then bought Kersey's book Please understand me II. its pretty good. I'm a dude and I like to profile people so that I can better understand them.
Welcome!

Quote:
THERES A 2nd ONE?! *runs to the library*
from Wikisocion article on the author of Please Understand Me: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...erament_Theory

Keirsey Temperament Theory is a differential psychology theory which resembles Myers-Briggs Typology and, to a lesser degree, the Five-factor model.
Some people prefer KTT to MBT or socionics because it is simpler to use. However, no publishing socionists rely on Keirsey's work, temperament groups, or descriptions, which seem more distant from socionics than Myers-Briggs Typology.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 18/07/2009, 10:34 PM

Smile

Hi there, just thought i'd say hello! I'm totally new to this forum posting lark but found you guys and it looked interesting. Life's a little in a state of flux, to put it mildly at the moment, so my questioning of everything at the moment led me to do the MB test and found myself to be INFP, so i'm just here to learn a little more about my type and how that affects my relationship. maxi