Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 01/06/2012, 12:25 PM

Default Distinguish between F preference and lack of self-confidence or anxiety

So I have been thinking about this for a while. I read on an MBTI site that dominant Thinking types look at the need of reassurance from others as a sign of weakness or insecurity. But what if a T dominant has both high anxiety and low self-confidence, to make things even worse suppose he is high on vulnerability, all of these are subscales of emotional stability from the 5 factors test. It won't show some behaviour that are often attributed to F types? This is not making sense to me.

I may be looking for approval, but not concern myself with the social components of life, but instead be distant. I may even not bother if my lack of interest with deep emotional interaction with others show.

Did anyone ever think about this? It seems to me that MBTI frequently confuses different scales of personality that are not well correlated in the generally accepted psychology. That's why many people identify their but they feel that there's something wrong, there is something in the type description that doesn't fit them.