Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 22/07/2011, 10:43 PM

Default Genuine love

What do you think genuine love is? Please give your thoughts about it.

I think genuine love is doglike. If you love somebody then you're supposed to throw yourself at it and not allow it to breath. Do you agree?
Old 23/07/2011, 08:37 AM

Genuine love is self-sacrificial, not necessarily smothering. If you genuinely love someone, then you would be willing to do anything for him/her.
Old 23/07/2011, 05:46 PM

I would say that it's a feeling, but a feeling that makes you grow as a person and understand yourself and other people better. It is to know that you are never alone, and to have patience with people.

Everyone experiences love in their own way though. I don't think that there's one definite answer to that question.
Old 05/08/2011, 01:08 PM

Love is eating TV dinner in front of the tele because everyone hates you.
Old 09/04/2012, 05:50 PM

I think that genuine love is not just a feeling, but shows through your actions. I wouldn't necessarily say you'd be willing to do "anything" for them because what if what you're doing puts yourself or others in danger, psychological or physical? As much as I hate to make this reference, an example is in Twilight where Bella was willing to do anything and everything for Edward, putting her life and the lives of people around her in peril.

I think love is willingness to give your time and energy to that person, in which the fruits of the relationship is beneficial. Both people should be able to grow in that relationship. It shouldn't be selfish and exclusive to surrounding that relationship, causing the two people to forget about the world and people around them. Their relationship opens up doors and allows them to practice trust.
Old 18/04/2012, 08:46 AM

I agree with the poster above.
Love is an action.
Showing someone you love them is being committed to your relationship, by keeping your promises, making an effort to spend time with them, and be involved in what's important to them, being interested in their day to day lives,
and forming new experiences with them. Shared histories strengthen people's bonds with each other, and so do the small things, like creating idiosyncratic inside jokes.
Old 01/07/2012, 08:29 AM

Great question, I'd *love* to hear more answers..

Genuine love to me, is something that cannot be forced. It can never be that. I think it comes from a deep appreciation of what the person does for you, and simply does in general, and also how they enrich your life.

I think to some extent, it's about being oblivious to their flaws, or perhaps what other people see as flaws, seeing their actions as having good intentions.

And it's also about being able to let that person go. About realizing that you're not the best person for them, that there's someone out there better for them, who can give them the love and care that you're not able to, as painful a realization as that may be. Because if you love someone enough, than I think you would always want the best for them, that you would want them to grow and develop into a better human being.
Old 16/09/2013, 12:26 AM

agree with everyone. Love is action and feeling. You commit to someone in thought and deed. You care about them, their well being and hopefully they feel the same about you, but even if they don't, you want and wish the best for them. You're willing to put them first.