Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Closed Thread

Old 31/03/2011, 01:48 AM

Default Some questions

First of all, if you had to type Sherlock Holmes (the movie version) what type do you think he would be?
Secondly, if a person refuses to open up to others until others open up to them first, does that make them introverted?
Old 06/04/2011, 06:52 PM

If I had to guess one type, probably SLI. Answer to second question: not necessarily.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 08/04/2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
If I had to guess one type, probably SLI. Answer to second question: not necessarily.
I would say SLI also. He said something about people twisting facts to suit a theory and how this is the wrong approach. Can't remember the exact wording but that was the gist of it. I thought that was very SLI.
Old 13/04/2011, 06:09 PM

a typing of SLI is pathetically naive.

i would type the movie version, to say nothing of the book version, as most closely IEI and entirely conforming to beta ideals of relationships, politics, and views of "how the world works." a similar film in terms of its reflection on a beta worldview, focusing on rebellion, intrigue, and ideology to say nothing of the process-driven machinations and multiplicity of perspectives and contradictions of society is V for vendetta -- also in my opinion a clearly over-the-top thematically beta film.

the sir arthur conan doyle version of sherlock holmes by contrast might well be LSE as the russians all claim -- though i wouldn't scoff at LIE either.

incidentally, i rather enjoyed the books and i hated the movie, which seemed to make a point of being as unfaithful as possible to the original.
Old 13/04/2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant_stapler71 View Post
ITT we act like insecure children.
Old 13/04/2011, 08:15 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:

i would type the movie version, to say nothing of the book version, as most closely IEI and entirely conforming to beta ideals of relationships, politics, and views of "how the world works." a similar film in terms of its reflection on a beta worldview, focusing on rebellion, intrigue, and ideology to say nothing of the process-driven machinations and multiplicity of perspectives and contradictions of society is V for vendetta -- also in my opinion a clearly over-the-top thematically beta film.

the sir arthur conan doyle version of sherlock holmes by contrast might well be LSE as the russians all claim -- though i wouldn't scoff at LIE either.

incidentally, i rather enjoyed the books and i hated the movie, which seemed to make a point of being as unfaithful as possible to the original.
You are a pretentious [removed]. House rules

Last edited by Banter; 13/04/2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 17/04/2011, 06:55 AM

Itinerant stapler, I am getting the sense that you enjoy posting random nonsense just to see who is gullible on the forums. I find the notion that Sherlock Holmes is IEI to be very improbable. While I wasn't completely sure on his most likely type, it is rather obvious that he is some sort of logical rather than ethical type, and somewhat likely that he is sensing rather than intuitive.
Thank you, everyone else, for your sensible input. The reason I asked about Sherlock Holmes' type is because I have a friend (who is mentioned in a recent thread of mine) who I realized is very similar to Sherlock Holmes, at least the movie version of him. However, I didn't want some sort of bias to affect people's responses, which is why I asked in a different thread. Plus, Holmes is just an awesome character, lol.
Old 18/04/2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
Itinerant stapler, I am getting the sense that you enjoy posting random nonsense just to see who is gullible on the forums. I find the notion that Sherlock Holmes is IEI to be very improbable. While I wasn't completely sure on his most likely type, it is rather obvious that he is some sort of logical rather than ethical type, and somewhat likely that he is sensing rather than intuitive.
oh, of course. naturally quadra-related values, messages, and roles are merely random nonsense to weed out the wheat from the chaff -- jungian dichotomies; that stuff is serious business. especially when you think of it in the context of fictional characters whose archetypes are ubiquitous and who carry all manner of literary improvisation. really, it makes no sense to use quadra values ever in interpreting the visualization of a generic character archetype. really, you're exactly right, we should look at how easily that character expresses ratiocinative factoids and concrete observations about the world, because that's what socionics is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
You are a pretentious [removed]. House rules
and you are an unceasing series of progressively louder expletives so truly abominable that i think the entire world would die of shock if i were to enumerate them here.

Last edited by itinerant_stapler71; 18/04/2011 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18/04/2011, 07:59 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
oh, of course. naturally quadra-related values, messages, and roles are merely random nonsense to weed out the wheat from the chaff -- jungian dichotomies; that stuff is serious business. especially when you think of it in the context of fictional characters whose archetypes are ubiquitous and who carry all manner of literary improvisation. really, it makes no sense to use quadra values ever in interpreting the visualization of a generic character archetype. really, you're exactly right, we should look at how easily that character expresses ratiocinative factoids and concrete observations about the world, because that's what socionics is about.

and you are an unceasing series of progressively louder expletives so truly abominable that i think the entire world would die of shock if i were to enumerate them here.

Last edited by Cyclops; 18/04/2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18/04/2011, 08:10 AM

Excellent.
Old 03/05/2011, 06:24 AM

I believe that Robert Downey Jr. is ESFj and Watson is INTj.
Old 17/05/2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Jesus christ, it's been over a year since I've been here and this guy hasn't gotten any less negative and antisocial. I'm surprised people still talk to you bro!
Old 18/05/2011, 12:48 AM
Gone on holiday...

[Removed, please follow forum rules]
Old 19/05/2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever765 View Post
Jesus christ, it's been over a year since I've been here and this guy hasn't gotten any less negative and antisocial. I'm surprised people still talk to you bro!
you make incorrect use of the word "antisocial" to mean "unsociable."

assuming for a moment that i do in fact think the typing of the sherlock holmes character from that movie as SLI is an atrocious typing only an extremely inexperienced socionist would make -- which i do, absolutely -- how would you prefer i communicate that point differently from how i did earlier if i were interacting within earshot of you?
Old 19/05/2011, 07:25 AM
Administrator

If there is nothing constructive to be added, closing here.