Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 07/01/2011, 05:37 AM

Lightbulb Delta ST's... hate Socionics?

I doubt that this is the case across the board, but I have made an interesting observation: every Delta ST I know (that is, ESTj and ISTp) is averse to the idea of Socionics and personality theory in general. They seem to resent the idea of being labeled, "figured out," or "put in a box," so to speak. They also think that it is a pseudo-science with no concrete evidence. They believe that people "buy into it" and then type themselves and create a self-fulfilling prophecy by acting like their perceived type. In my experience, Beta ST's might be skeptical, but they also seem interested and eventually like the idea.

Comments?
Old 07/01/2011, 06:47 AM
Gone on holiday...

There's some delta ST Russian socionists. One, ISTp, I can't remember the persons name but forms a marriage/socionics partnership with a delta NF. I've heard Rick DeLong speak of a Russian socionics forum run by an ESTj.

Yes, an argument could be made that practical Te types are more likely to reject something like socionics which is ill defined and difficult to put in practice, but like many such stereotypes, they're sort of useless imo since there's variations what with people being individuals
Old 11/01/2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trietschtd View Post
I doubt that this is the case across the board, but I have made an interesting observation: every Delta ST I know (that is, ESTj and ISTp) is averse to the idea of Socionics and personality theory in general. They seem to resent the idea of being labeled, "figured out," or "put in a box," so to speak. They also think that it is a pseudo-science with no concrete evidence. They believe that people "buy into it" and then type themselves and create a self-fulfilling prophecy by acting like their perceived type. In my experience, Beta ST's might be skeptical, but they also seem interested and eventually like the idea.

Comments?
It is true that ISTp's hate to be found out. but if the shoe fits.... The ISTp descritions are deadly accurate for all ISTps to whom I've talked.
Old 21/01/2011, 08:24 AM

ISTPJIM, in what ways?

My stance is that human personality can likely be categorized in some way, but I currently hold serious doubts that socionics already did it in the most effective way possible. I've yet to type myself. :/
Old 25/01/2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valori View Post
ISTPJIM, in what ways?

My stance is that human personality can likely be categorized in some way, but I currently hold serious doubts that socionics already did it in the most effective way possible. I've yet to type myself. :/

My first experience was with a similar program called DISC. When the results came back I was astonished! It accurately described me in terms if social interaction, inward thoughts vs outward appearence, even the speed at which I walk! The descriptions for MBTI and Socionics is all pretty much the same for the ISTp. Like you, I would have been skeptical if I hadn't seen it for myself (an ISTp trait by the way).

I don't know that Socionics is any better than the other models, but there is something to it typing to be sure.