Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 19/03/2011, 10:48 PM
I of the Potato I of the Potato is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 18
Default Istp HA to love

I've been getting alot of criticism lately from my istp boyfriend. Everything he criticises me about are things he does himself. E.g. me being messy, drinking, not following what I deem to be B.S. society rules and so on.

Ever heard the saying " Hatred for others is that which we hate in ourselves"
Maybe what he needs to learn is self acceptance, to love and forgive himself. I think this is his hidden agenda for you can only love others if you love yourself first.

I think he's half way there because he has admitted to being a huge hypocrite.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19/03/2011, 11:25 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Default

Quote:
I've been getting alot of criticism lately from my istp boyfriend. Everything he criticises me about are things he does himself. E.g. me being messy, drinking, not following what I deem to be B.S. society rules and so on.
Eh, why is being tidy and not drinking to excess etc bs?

On the one hand people want to be respectful, conscientious, take care of their bodies and others, live useful lifes, yet the things which are conducive to this are paradoxically mocked.

Maybe the hypocrisy you speak of comes from a conflict of what's right or not. Not that I'm one to talk lol. Just sayin. Food for thought at least.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20/03/2011, 02:03 PM
SG's Avatar
SG SG is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I of the Potato View Post
I've been getting alot of criticism lately from my istp boyfriend. Everything he criticises me about are things he does himself. E.g. me being messy, drinking, not following what I deem to be B.S. society rules and so on.

Ever heard the saying " Hatred for others is that which we hate in ourselves"
Maybe what he needs to learn is self acceptance, to love and forgive himself. I think this is his hidden agenda for you can only love others if you love yourself first.

I think he's half way there because he has admitted to being a huge hypocrite.
Not that is what you're saying can't be true, but maybe there is also another possibility that he is not ISTp?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20/03/2011, 02:38 PM
I of the Potato I of the Potato is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Eh, why is being tidy and not drinking to excess etc bs?

On the one hand people want to be respectful, conscientious, take care of their bodies and others, live useful lifes, yet the things which are conducive to this are paradoxically mocked.

Maybe the hypocrisy you speak of comes from a conflict of what's right or not. Not that I'm one to talk lol. Just sayin. Food for thought at least.
No you misunderstood. The bs rules of society were about something else that I don't want to get into here. Plus I haven't been drinking to excess either. I used to drink to excess years ago but now it is only once in a blue moon and then it's only 4 or 5 pints. Not exactly what you would call over the top. He seems to have it in his head that I have a problem because of my wild ways in the past yet he went drinking for 4 days straight last week and actually got a panic attack after it. Pot? kettle? black? Plus I am actually way cleaner than he is. His room smells. Mine is actually tidy and I like it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Not that is what you're saying can't be true, but maybe there is also another possibility that he is not ISTp?
Oh after a few years obsessing about socionics every day (yes every day) I am pretty sure he is istp.

Last edited by I of the Potato; 20/03/2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20/03/2011, 10:10 PM
itinerant_stapler71's Avatar
itinerant_stapler71 itinerant_stapler71 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I of the Potato View Post
Oh after a few years obsessing about socionics every day (yes every day) I am pretty sure he is istp.
for someone so minimally obsessive to have spent a mere "few years obsessing about socionics every day," the sublime sophistication of your views on the estimative function in the context of delta values is truly astounding.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24/03/2011, 09:39 PM
I of the Potato I of the Potato is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant_stapler71 View Post
for someone so minimally obsessive to have spent a mere "few years obsessing about socionics every day," the sublime sophistication of your views on the estimative function in the context of delta values is truly astounding.
So are you saying he wants to remove all of my defects? Both his and my own? That is his reason for criticizing me?

Why does he not criticize himself then? Why can't he see that he is more of a slob than I am? Why do I have to keep pointing this out to him?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26/03/2011, 09:28 PM
itinerant_stapler71's Avatar
itinerant_stapler71 itinerant_stapler71 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I of the Potato View Post
So are you saying he wants to remove all of my defects? Both his and my own? That is his reason for criticizing me?

Why does he not criticize himself then? Why can't he see that he is more of a slob than I am? Why do I have to keep pointing this out to him?
i'm sure that someone of your caliber of knowledge will effortlessly understand the answer to this question.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03/04/2011, 12:50 PM
I of the Potato I of the Potato is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant_stapler71 View Post
i'm sure that someone of your caliber of knowledge will effortlessly understand the answer to this question.
So what are you? An arrogant little intj shit?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03/04/2011, 05:43 PM
itinerant_stapler71's Avatar
itinerant_stapler71 itinerant_stapler71 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I of the Potato View Post
So what are you? An arrogant little intj shit?
i have immense confidence in your ability to discern the utility of any classification of me you might make. really, i do.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03/04/2011, 08:38 PM
complicater-complexer's Avatar
complicater-complexer complicater-complexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I of the Potato View Post
So what are you? An arrogant little intj shit?
He is INTp.
__________________
"To live happy, live hidden."
β ST, E6 autopreservation.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08/04/2011, 12:19 PM
I of the Potato I of the Potato is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
He is INTp.
Ha ha I was close. lol.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 17/06/2011, 06:32 PM
ISTPJIM ISTPJIM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I of the Potato View Post
So are you saying he wants to remove all of my defects? Both his and my own? That is his reason for criticizing me?

Why does he not criticize himself then? Why can't he see that he is more of a slob than I am? Why do I have to keep pointing this out to him?
Back to your troubles....

The ISTp is hyper-critical. He usually keeps it to himself, but if he's stressed his snarky thoughts can seep out. Don't take his criticism to heart too much. Lots of things bother him a little, but nothing bothers the ISTp too much. So try to do a little better in those areas he mentioned. He will notice. Don't stress about accommodating him, and don't overdo it. He won't respect that. Just do your thing, let him do his, and meet in the middle.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM