Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 21/05/2011, 11:01 PM

Default The leading function

One's leading function is the one that has the most potentials. It is the one that can be the most developed. And its development is necessary for one's feeling of self-confidence because it represents for the person its identity. But of course not all leading functions can be made to be very advanced. Of course you can't turn any person who has Ti in dominant into Lebesgue, nor can you turn every Fi dominant into a Chopin. But they can be made to be at least quite good for normal people. But unfortunately, life circumstances sometimes don't support the development of one's leading function, and what results is decreased self-confidence and even type falsification which is quite harming for the person, left-handed people who are forced to use their right hand instead for writing suffer later in life. But even if type falsification doesn't happen, an underdeveloped leading function is a cause for pain. It's like not being good at ones specialty, so being good at nothing.

I wonder how can one develop its leading function the most? I am reconsidering the fact that Ti is my leading function and it is strong, it is allowing me to survive graduate studies in pure math. But I feel it isn't enough, I can't remain focused for long hours during the day, but I'll need it for the future, so do you guys have any suggestions?
Old 22/05/2011, 12:42 PM

Which one is the leading function 1st or 2nd?
Old 22/05/2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Which one is the leading function 1st or 2nd?
What does it mean for a function to be 1st or 2nd in first place. By leading I mean captain of the ship that fixes the values and objectives.
Old 22/05/2011, 07:08 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
One's leading function is the one that has the most potentials. It is the one that can be the most developed. And its development is necessary for one's feeling of self-confidence because it represents for the person its identity. But of course not all leading functions can be made to be very advanced. Of course you can't turn any person who has Ti in dominant into Lebesgue, nor can you turn every Fi dominant into a Chopin. But they can be made to be at least quite good for normal people. But unfortunately, life circumstances sometimes don't support the development of one's leading function, and what results is decreased self-confidence and even type falsification which is quite harming for the person, left-handed people who are forced to use their right hand instead for writing suffer later in life. But even if type falsification doesn't happen, an underdeveloped leading function is a cause for pain. It's like not being good at ones specialty, so being good at nothing.

I wonder how can one develop its leading function the most? I am reconsidering the fact that Ti is my leading function and it is strong, it is allowing me to survive graduate studies in pure math. But I feel it isn't enough, I can't remain focused for long hours during the day, but I'll need it for the future, so do you guys have any suggestions?
Disagree with a lot of this.

Second function has more potential, it's like a gamblers high (and low).

Last edited by Cyclops; 22/05/2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost