Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 29/01/2006, 06:12 AM

Default Socion.info type test - intuition and sensibility ...

This test will help you decide between being an intuitive type or a sensory type.

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/pw.cgi
Old 29/01/2006, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Socion.info type test - intuition and sensibility ...

Question.

There are a number of questions along the lines of "Enjoying understanding the hidden talents of other people and helping them understand their potential" What if you enjoy understanding the hidden motives and/or talents of other people without caring whether they realize their potential or not? I wasn't able to find a question or option I agreed with entirely.
Old 29/01/2006, 04:08 PM

I've got a question about the 1st question, which supposedly separates Introverted Sensing from Extraverted Sensing. Would the statement "I am pleasantly surprised about the similarity in taste" vs "I am pleasantly surprised about the difference in taste" refer to whether the Sensing function is Dominant or Auxiliary instead of whether it is Introverted or Extraverted, since Dominant function is much more conservative in nature?
Old 29/01/2006, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
I've got a question about the 1st question, which supposedly separates Introverted Sensing from Extraverted Sensing. Would the statement "I am pleasantly surprised about the similarity in taste" vs "I am pleasantly surprised about the difference in taste" refer to whether the Sensing function is Dominant or Auxiliary instead of whether it is Introverted or Extraverted, since Dominant function is much more conservative in nature?
Good point ... I see what you are saying and how it might be a little misleading...

But yeah, I was basically contrasting Se and Si with that statement. Si I see as being associated with familiarity and quality in experience and Se I see as being associated with foreign elements and quanitity in experience. Where as, an ISXp for example would look for similarities in what they have known, an ESXp would seek livelier and more exciting experiences at the expense of familiarity.
Old 29/01/2006, 06:44 PM

I'd say an ESXj would seek livelier and more exciting experiences at the expense of familiarity, however it is just another opinion.
Old 29/01/2006, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
I'd say an ESXj would seek livelier and more exciting experiences at the expense of familiarity, however it is just another opinion.
Hmmm, that might explain why this guy I know who thinks he is ISTp [but it is very possible he is really ESTj] chose Se and Ne on this test, but choose the artist set that was sensory.

I may have to reword those questions, then.
Old 29/01/2006, 06:59 PM

Or, instead of rewording the questions ... just do not diffrential between extroversion and introversion until I figure out a better format.

That might actually be wiser, I think possibly after I write question sets like this for thinking and feeling I can start implying more accurate things.
Old 29/01/2006, 07:16 PM

About the paintings....well, maybe you have or maybe you haven't realised this, but the colour palette is as important as the composition since different quadrables tend to express their values a lot through the colour they pick. For example Alpha members may choose quite light and bright colours for let's say decoration, whether Beta would go for dark often black colour (well black is not technically a colour). The supposedly sensing paintings on the test contain many Delta colours. I find it hard to imagine an ISFp or ESFj (particularly fussy about colours) would choose those.
Old 29/01/2006, 09:05 PM

The way I see it, is about feeling yourself good physically. Socionics say types seek for comfort. Bleasure for seing these colurs. Relaxing when you hear this harmonius sound. Cosy sensations when you have exhausted yourself and feel tired. Etc .

is about authority. My opinnion should be valued. Others should respect my advices which I give to them. is about territory. This is our family and others should respect it. These are my things and only I choose the ones who have the permission to use them. is being constantly aware of every chamge around and leting others know about these changes. ''The bus is comeing and move!'' or ''Look , the show began, start watching.'' They talk confident and sometimes commanding.

Here's a question for what I would like to find out an answer. Do types physically feel the future. I'm afraid that something will happen.
I'm happy because things will go in a way I will win, I feel strong belief into my doings. Feeling enjoyment when they are in hurry. Artistic-poetic experience like when everithing feels like metaphor. It's hard for me to bring these examples because I am not a type. Still I hope I made my self clare and I would like to know , were or were I not right?
Old 29/01/2006, 09:41 PM

Intuition is not much different from all other functions. Intuition has got a capacity to project a chain of events in the future based on past experience. There is no magic or mysticism to it and you definitely cannot "feel" the future. What you can feel is the output of the intuition, because it is so complex and vague that it could only be transferred to you in a form of a gut-feeling. Then depending on the priority you give to your intuition you will interpret your gut-feeling accordingly. If it is for example, you will trust your subjective gut-feelings more, if it is you will try more objective approach, weighing your subjective gut-feeling against the existing situation.
Old 29/01/2006, 10:40 PM

So you could feel something toward the future? I don't mean like you live through a situation in every detail. My examples were gut feelings. You come to aware of them as a feelings to guide you. And a guiding feeling is a gut feeling and that's what intuition is about. Interesting, so I can use my sometimes. Not creatively, but I can notice the trends of time sometimes weakly. It might as well be the unconciouss intuition, overpowered by the dominating intuition.

What a great example of as Confidence function your answer was to me.
Old 29/01/2006, 11:06 PM

It all greatly depends on what you make out of your gut-feelings, how would you interpret them really.
Old 30/01/2006, 03:05 AM

Quote:
The way I see it, is about feeling yourself good physically. Socionics say types seek for comfort. Bleasure for seing these colurs. Relaxing when you hear this harmonius sound. Cosy sensations when you have exhausted yourself and feel tired. Etc .
Comfort, yes ... But what is ment by comfort is that essentially Si types seek what familiar to them and to reproduce old cherished experiences. Things that have to do with the senses.

Quote:
is about authority. My opinnion should be valued. Others should respect my advices which I give to them. is about territory. This is our family and others should respect it. These are my things and only I choose the ones who have the permission to use them. is being constantly aware of every chamge around and leting others know about these changes. ''The bus is comeing and move!'' or ''Look , the show began, start watching.'' They talk confident and sometimes commanding.
Hmmm, not really sure of what you said here about Se being about authority ... I see Se as like Si in that a person is looking for experiences, but not necessarily old experiences and they readily involve themselves with new experiences. People with Se involve themselves with the size and width of an experience and studies the facts about it, comparing that experience to other on-going experiences. Sort of like Ne, except concerning what is concrete and non-abstract.
Old 30/01/2006, 03:48 AM

Alright SG, I rewrote the test to calculate the paintings more by quandra as opposed to calculating the paintings as options based on them being abstract or concrete (which was the basis it calculated results on before).

Quote:
#Alpha - ENTp/ESFj/INTj/ISFp -Ne1st-Si2nd-Ne2nd-Si1st
#Gamma - ENTj/ESFp/INTp/ISFj -Ni2nd-Se1st-Ni1st-Se2nd

#Beta - ESTp/ENFj/ISTj/INFp -Se1st-Ni2nd-Se2nd-Ni1st
#Delta - ESTj/ENFp/ISTp/INFj -Si2nd-Ne1st-Si1st-Ne2nd

if ($Q1 == 1 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Sensory Perception";} #Delta/Beta -
if ($Q1 == 2 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Sensory Perception";} #Delta/Beta -
if ($Q1 == 1 && $Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Intuitive Perception";} #Delta/Beta -
if ($Q1 == 2 && $Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Intuitive Perception";} #Delta/Beta -

if ($Q1 == 1 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 1){$prm = "Intuitive Perception";} #Alpha/Gamma -
if ($Q1 == 2 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 1){$prm = "Intuitive Perception";} #Alpha/Gamma -
if ($Q1 == 1 && $Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 1){$prm = "Sensory Perception";} #Alpha/Gamma -
if ($Q1 == 2 && $Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 1){$prm = "Sensory Perception";} #Alpha/Gamma -
Does that look better? I put the Dali and Kahlo paintings as "Alpha/Gamma" and the other ones as "Delta/Beta." I interpreted that as meaning that I had to code two dual patterns, since those two quandra groupings were the inverse of each other.
Old 30/01/2006, 05:49 AM

I changed the test, btw ... it now has a 4th question that lets you choose thinker or feeler.
Old 30/01/2006, 08:44 AM

I just rewrote the test and it should now adapt correctly between Se and Si when it computes the data. I also took out question #3 ...

Hmmm, actually I was not aware of that ... I am going to have to rewrite the test again to try to compensate for that when the results are calculated I suppose.
Old 30/01/2006, 01:30 PM

Hi rmcnew

I took ur test. I m supposed to be an INTp and I know frm my experience that I am an intuitive type, yet I came out as a sensory type. I know that the description (of an ISTp) is not so much me as the INTp one. Just giving u a feedback. Also I am considering if I cud be an ISTp.

I am far too theoretical than hands-on which is y I confidently rejected the ISTp type 4 myself. Also I like to explore ideas rather than gadgets. so the eternal ques once again-----
"Who am I?"
Old 30/01/2006, 01:54 PM

Thank you for answering, MacNew.

The way I see it, we are both talking about the same. The difference lies in the tradition. It's a potato -potato thing. I studied socionics in Estonian and it hasn't been influenced so much by the MBTI/Keirsey, instead the material (which is short) is translated from the originals. The thing is different with you. You have been influenced a lot by American typology so you approach the way you are teached to understand Jung. They don't seem to differ large, but there is one. American knowledge is more vague, Eastern-European one is structured and more logically proven. I say
is a Volitional Sensing, you say Se is experience, concrete and things like that. You can see both are similar. Mine is just more concrete when defineing the term.

I wish you a beautifull day.

With best wishes,

K
Old 30/01/2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by alphaquerist:
Hi rmcnew

I took ur test. I m supposed to be an INTp and I know frm my experience that I am an intuitive type, yet I came out as a sensory type. I know that the description (of an ISTp) is not so much me as the INTp one. Just giving u a feedback. Also I am considering if I cud be an ISTp.

I am far too theoretical than hands-on which is y I confidently rejected the ISTp type 4 myself. Also I like to explore ideas rather than gadgets. so the eternal ques once again-----
"Who am I?"
Give me the link to your test results ... just telling me you disagree is not giving me much information to use to improve the test with.
Old 31/01/2006, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rmcnew:
#Alpha - ENTp/ESFj/INTj/ISFp -Ne1st-Si2nd-Ne2nd-Si1st
#Gamma - ENTj/ESFp/INTp/ISFj -Ni2nd-Se1st-Ni1st-Se2nd

#Beta - ESTp/ENFj/ISTj/INFp -Se1st-Ni2nd-Se2nd-Ni1st
#Delta - ESTj/ENFp/ISTp/INFj -Si2nd-Ne1st-Si1st-Ne2nd

if ($Q1 == 1 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Sensory Perception";} #Delta/Beta -
if ($Q1 == 2 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Sensory Perception";} #Delta/Beta -
if ($Q1 == 1 && $Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Intuitive Perception";} #Delta/Beta -
if ($Q1 == 2 && $Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Intuitive Perception";} #Delta/Beta -

if ($Q1 == 1 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 1){$prm = "Intuitive Perception";} #Alpha/Gamma -
if ($Q1 == 2 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 1){$prm = "Intuitive Perception";} #Alpha/Gamma -
if ($Q1 == 1 && $Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 1){$prm = "Sensory Perception";} #Alpha/Gamma -
if ($Q1 == 2 && $Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 1){$prm = "Sensory Perception";} #Alpha/Gamma -
Does that look better?
I dunno, see for yourself. Let’s look at it through the square prism of logic...

First of all Q1 is actually completely irrelevant. For example the following:
code:
if ($Q1 == 1 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Sensory Perception";}
if ($Q1 == 2 && $Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Sensory Perception";}[/quote]could be re-written like this:
code:if ($Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 2){$prm = "Sensory Perception";} [/quote]and you will still achieve the same result. So the whole code could be optimised into 2 lines:
code:
if (($Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 2) || ($Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 1)) {$prm = "Sensory Perception";}
if (($Q2 == 2 && $Q4 == 1) || ($Q2 == 1 && $Q4 == 2)) {$prm = "Intuitive Perception";} [/quote]Then progressing further:

if Q2 = 1 & Q4 = 1 (which is Thinking) then it would filter xSTx or Beta/Delta Quadrable
if Q2 = 1 & Q4 = 2 (which is Feeling) then it would filter xNFx or Beta/Delta Quadrable
if Q2 = 2 & Q4 = 1 (which is Thinking) then it would filter xNTx or Alpha/Gamma Quadrable
if Q2 = 2 & Q4 = 2 (which is Feeling) then it would filter xSFx or Alpha/Gamma Quadrable

Because you explicitly defined Q4 as either Thinking or Feeling, then Q2 in this case should define Quadrable. The bottom line is that the question 1 appears to make no difference and also the actual wording of the question 2 has nothing to do with Quadrables.