Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 07/11/2011, 10:38 PM

Default How to make someone like you

There is a particular person which I desperately need to like me. But I have a very weak F and I need advice.

How to act? What to say? How to respond?

Did you guys face a similar situation? What did you do?
Old 13/11/2011, 10:19 PM

Be interested in them. Ask them questions about themselves (or about a topic that they like to talk about), in a non-pushy way, inviting them to open up to you. Give them your undivided attention: face them, eye contact, etc. Try not to attack anything they say. When someone feels that you are "tuned in" to them, they will, more likely than not, like you. (This is assuming you're wanting a peer to like you? If it's a professor/boss, or someone else who is "above" you in a heirarchy, it might be *slightly* different but the guidelines are generally the same, I think.)
Old 15/11/2011, 09:14 PM
Gone on holiday...

Why don't you give them money and stuff?
Old 17/11/2011, 02:12 PM
Administrator

You want them to like you because you need something from them?
Old 18/11/2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
You want them to like you because you need something from them?
Not at all, I usually try to let the people who I like to like me.
Old 05/12/2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by complicater-complexer View Post
There is a particular person which I desperately need to like me. But I have a very weak F and I need advice.

How to act? What to say? How to respond?

Did you guys face a similar situation? What did you do?
basically i dont think should you do all this pretending thing but i think you should try to be caring bout others and be nice and diplomatic but dont come off as fake sorry if this doesnt help
Old 10/01/2012, 11:29 PM

I wouldn't try to 'make someone like me' if I were in your shoes to be honest. I think it's best to stay true to yourself. I don't think that, eventually, socionics types matter a lot when it comes to 'getting along' with someone. Any two adult minds are probably capable to adjust to one another. I think its only when people get into closer relationships that socionic type differences start to play a larger part.
Old 11/01/2012, 03:49 PM

make compliments on things you genuinely like about people, don't say "i like your t-shirt" if you don't like their t-shirt !

give them sensory pleasure of some sort - be it food, a nice box, anything really

try and work out what they don't like people doing to them - if you can work that out you can win people over easily i find

another really obvious thing, but also not that obvious, simply because it's that obvious; is you can literally ask people "what makes you like someone?" directly, people love to talk about themselves and this cuts the crap instantly and makes things easier for both of you
Old 14/01/2012, 06:38 AM

Can you describe what their personality is like?
Old 15/01/2012, 11:54 AM

Why not find someone else who is naturally compatible?
Old 20/01/2012, 04:23 AM

I might be alone on this but... How about just being yourself?

Old 09/04/2012, 06:38 PM

Are you trying to reach this person on a deeper level? Since you are an INTP, I think you can just get closer to that person by talking to them. I learned that sometimes just being around them helps because they become accustomed to your presence. My INTJ self says to find out that person's type and research about the kinds of things they do and don't like. :P But I think that communication is the most important thing.

I also have little to no Fe, and that also makes it a little hard for me to connect to people on a deeper level. I usually put on a facade around nearly everyone I know except my older sister because social connections are important at my age, but if I really want to get to know someone I talk to them. Sometimes conversations might be really awkward though, and I get what you mean. :P

I liked this guy, and I was really self conscious about how to act and what to say around him, and this led to us having little conversation because I wanted him to like me so much. After he found out I liked him, we awkwardly drifted apart, but at the start of the new school year we found out we had most classes together. I decided I wasn't going to let the past bother me and now I act however I want to act around him. Surprisingly we're closer than before because I'm less reserved, but just as friends.

From this experience, I think that if you should just be yourself so they get to see the true you. By monitoring everything you say and thinking "Oh, if I say/don't say this or that, then they'll like me more." Quite the opposite, because you would actually be starting the relationship you want so badly with not necessarily a lie, but reservations and a facade. You wouldn't want to keep thinking of what they feel about all you say and do because that would just be tiring and miserable. Like Dr. Seuss' quote, Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Old 09/04/2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Dr. Seuss' quote, Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Love the quote!