Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 05/07/2011, 06:41 AM

Default Give me some examples of Fi as PoLR

Give me some examples of Fi as a point of least resistance. Concrete examples, beyond the wikisocionics, socionics.com descriptions. What does it look like in an ILE?

While you are at it, what does Fe look like as a PoLR? What does it look like in a LIE?

I type as ILE about half the time, and as an LIE about half the time. I seem to V.I. as a LIE. (Square body, amateur boxer, smile, full lips.) However, I figure I will try to break the tie by looking at the super-ego.

Looking at the lead functions seems irrelevant as there is too much symmetry between demonstrative functions and lead functions. The LIE lead function is Te and demonstrative function is Ne, the ILE is the exact opposite with lead Ne and demonstrative Te.

The implications of this are as follows. As I interpret it, the lead function is your driving interest and it should be equal in strength to the demonstrative function. If I have this right, the demonstrative function is an ego defense which flares up to provide the lead function with an emergency outlet. As a result, they would seem to blend together. I cannot personally see a way to tease them apart.

Any discussion is appreciated.
Old 05/07/2011, 09:30 AM

Doesn't Fe PoLR belong to ILI and SLI?
Old 05/07/2011, 10:11 AM

Yeah, I just noticed that - the LIE PoLR is Si.

So then, what does PoLR Si look like?

What does PoLR Fi?
Old 05/07/2011, 12:37 PM

If you're trying to tell ENTp from ENTj by their PoLR, I don't think it would work well in practice. Si and Fi in both types can manifest themselves in similar ways, just not enough distinction.
Old 05/08/2011, 02:14 PM

I dont have Fi as polr but I do have it on as a ignoring function as when I start to hear someone using Fi I almost immediately switch off. Not all the time though lol.