Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 17/03/2010, 03:13 PM
Gone on holiday...

Default INTj's and INTp's

INTj's - have an annoying tendency to think it's necessary to analyse everything with the outcome of binary 1 or 0, yes or no.

INTp's - have an annoying tendency to think it's necessary to analyse everything with no outcome.

Why can't you guys just meet somewhere in the middle?

Sometimes - the answers are necessary.

Sometimes - it's just the adventure that counts.

Last edited by Cyclops; 17/03/2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 17/03/2010, 06:58 PM

Haha, I guess not every INTp/INTj is so uncompromising. You could go on with this list about annoying tendencies of the 16 types... everyone of them has some kind of quirk.
Old 18/03/2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
Haha, I guess not every INTp/INTj is so uncompromising. You could go on with this list about annoying tendencies of the 16 types... everyone of them has some kind of quirk.
Ever stumble upon this site?

http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html

It's a creative (and funny) rendering of the 16 types.

"INTPs make ideal companions to INTJs, as neither of them notices they're in a relationship."
Old 18/03/2010, 11:09 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcissus View Post
It's a creative (and funny) rendering of the 16 types.
The sixteen Myers-Briggs types, yes. With that qualifier thrown in... the INFP one makes me laugh.
Old 19/03/2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
The sixteen Myers-Briggs types, yes. With that qualifier thrown in... the INFP one makes me laugh.
Who's Anais Nin?
Old 19/03/2010, 10:32 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcissus View Post
Who's Anais Nin?
*googles* A woman famous for her personal journals and her writing of erotica.
Old 19/03/2010, 10:50 PM

So... I'm curious. Myers-Briggs and Socionics types. Is it legitimate to convert between systems or are they more isolated from each other?

http://www.socionics.com/advan/whoiswho.html

Does this work? Would Anais Nin essentially be IEI?
Old 19/03/2010, 11:20 PM
Gone on holiday...

Probably better as a perfume:

Old 19/03/2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Probably better as a perfume:

I've seen this in my 79 year old grandma's bathroom. She could be INFP.
Old 19/03/2010, 11:49 PM
Gone on holiday...

Any type wears perfume. Even male. Even Anais Anais-Nin perfume.

I don't even know how what your talking about has anything to do with this thread, so why not join in.
Old 20/03/2010, 01:37 AM

My roommate is an INTj. We often find ourselves in the midst of philosophical discussion. Discussing things with him is not enjoyable in that he has the tendency to take everything said very seriously, and as an ENTx I enjoy discussing all the possible permutations of a topic, and often discuss in the spirit of discussion, views and ideas that may not be 100% thought through. He takes these statements as opportunities to stop conversation dead in its tracks and beat the statement to death, and insult me while he's at it. Him: "Dude, your always so sure of youself when you say things, and its bullshit." Me: "It's just a conversation, chill out, exploring possibilities is a GOOD thing."

INTp tend to be less personal about the ideas discussed and are easier for me to hold a conversation with. Just my two cents.
Old 03/04/2010, 01:28 PM

Pfft. The kind of silly things people believe about INTjs. I find myself on the vague and intuitive side vs. stubborn mathematical proof oriented people all the time. And don't go suggesting it's the ISTjs either. You Te types do this kind of thing far more often than you admit to yourselves.
Old 03/04/2010, 01:58 PM
the Omniscient

Thumbs down

reconciling LII and ILI is a lot like reconciling quantum mechanics and general relativity;
in one theory, space and time are statically defined and energy is a dynamic statistical wave;
in the other, conserved energy has definite effects on space and time, which change accordingly...

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 12/12/2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
INTj's - have an annoying tendency to think it's necessary to analyse everything with the outcome of binary 1 or 0, yes or no.

INTp's - have an annoying tendency to think it's necessary to analyse everything with no outcome.

Why can't you guys just meet somewhere in the middle?

Sometimes - the answers are necessary.

Sometimes - it's just the adventure that counts.
I am not sure what that is but it might be some side line. To me as an INTp, it has been just the opposite, as a main line. As I am a Ni-Te, I am not a thinker like the scientists are, the Ti/Ne's, though it doesn't mean I am not scientific. But I am just using thinking (and I hate too much thinking as it's not natural to an INTp) to achieve my goals, that being far more the aim to me than it's for the INTjs who have thinking as their whole life, meaning it's primarily the journey that matters, not the results, though I am not saying they don't get results, but they are like men on a journey that know the results will come when they will come and that their life is thinking and the results are not that desperately needed.

I have the same attitude as the above INTJs but only when I play e.g. chess; it doesn't matter to me much at all and I am not primarily aiming to win there, it being the game and the moves that matter, not the result, that are way the secondary thing to me, and that's because the results are not primarily important to me there, mainly the joy of playing is important. I know Ne/Ti's that have the same attitude with chess that I have, and I know just as many if not more of them that play it to win, as a sport, a competition, and the win matters to them and primarily.

So, maybe generally too we all are different, INTp or INTj, but I have pointed out the difference that to INTj thinking is their life, but to INTps it isn't, but that could also lead exactly also to the side line you mentioned as if thinking doesn't matter as goals, then what the hell, just throw some half headed junk. Being more motivated as a Ne/Ti, one could be aiming for goals more seriously and then other people would be getting pains because they are not serious enough (with the goals. - I get pains because INTjs are not serious enough to get results, it not being as much a matter of life and death to them as it is to me) but as junk junking around as entertainment or thinking it only half so (that figures natural to non-Ne/Ti's, though ENTPs can be annoying with their never ending non-pointed chats, and INTjs having their heads too much in mere theory, losing contact with the reality and related stuffs) and never having any intensity to it and to the goals.
Old 10/01/2012, 11:31 PM

Heh, having a tendency doesn't mean a given type acts one way all the time.