Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 09/02/2006, 03:23 PM

Default Work....

Because I'm nosy.
What does everyone do/want to do for a living? Are you satisfied with your career choices?
If you could choose what you wanted to do for a living (provided that it would not effect the quality of your life), what would you choose to do and why?
Old 09/02/2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Work....

You go first!
Old 09/02/2006, 06:31 PM

I'm an interpreter. It's good work, but my first love is dance and writing. I would have loved to do artwork of any kind, I admire photographers especially, but unfortunately I'm not too good at it.

Your turn.
Old 09/02/2006, 07:00 PM

I am a college senior studying chemistry and philosophy, and I will be matriculating into an MD/PhD program next year. I haven't settled on what field I want to do my PhD thesis in, perhaps epidemiology or biostatistics, or maybe pharmacology/biochemistry. After that, I will probably be a professor at an academic medical center, assuming I complete my training.

SB (INTj)
Old 09/02/2006, 07:11 PM

Oh, I am doing this because I enjoy science and theorizing in general. Although science is often a particularly conservative enterprise in terms of rules and regulations (read your Kuhn), I have found that science is focused on finding innovative solutions to particular problems that are of interest to society. This is quite obvious, but this is my main reason. I am a typical INTj, it seems.
Old 10/02/2006, 08:12 AM

Right now I am in the field of education. I got into this because of my hidden agenda. I wanted to prove to my mother how much I loved her so I did what she asked me to. Also it is difficult to say no to an ESFj.(i guess i just don't want to take responsibility for my choices *looks downcast*)

After this course ends I am going either into advertising or publishing (reading is my first love so the choice of my careers).
Old 10/02/2006, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by alphaquerist:
Right now I am in the field of education. I got into this because of my hidden agenda. I wanted to prove to my mother how much I loved her so I did what she asked me to. Also it is difficult to say no to an ESFj.(i guess i just don't want to take responsibility for my choices *looks downcast*)
I actually have some experience with Indian culture and to me it seems like a normal thing (not sure about the relevance of the HA though).
Old 11/02/2006, 05:50 AM

Quote:
I actually have some experience with Indian culture and to me it seems like a normal thing (not sure about the relevance of the HA though).
U are right in looking at Indian culture like that. In many families we are taught to give up our personal likes and dislikes for the sake of our elders. Everybody is taught to be a martyr , for the greater good of the rest. Our cultural identities-mythologies-are all geared towards this end.

However my family was unconventional right from the beginning . My parents had a love marriage , which is/was not an easily acceptable thing in the Indian mind. Also my mother is elder to my father by 3 1/2 yrs.

I was always seen as a rebel by my family members and yet this time instead of letting them see me as a rebel I chose to go alongwith my mother's idea. Which is what led me to conclude that probably I was acting out my HA.

BTW SG what experience have u had with Indian culture? I am just very curious. Have u ever come to India ?
Old 11/02/2006, 01:57 PM

No I haven't been to India, but we have quite large Indian community in London.