Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 06/11/2008, 09:54 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleteck View Post
Thank you for your reply. The last 10,000 years and the formation of humans are two different subjects with two different time frames. I asked to read/research the last 10,000+ years to allow for a more detailed view of recent human history. Once read, ask yourself, could one of the 16 known brain types have survived, alone? If you still believe just one could have survived, we will just have to agree to disagree. As for, the Cro-Magnon man and the Neanderthals, they were only used as examples of possible single brain type species.

Again, I suggest to read/research what is known about the Spartan culture, and then form an opinion. If you still believe the Spartans were not dominated by one brain type, we will just have to agree to disagree.
These things were you say we just have to agree to disagree, it's incorrect. I can prove what I say to be correct objectively, by the scientific method.
Quote:
Read my earlier post:
Their aim was to create the perfect state protected by the perfect solider and in doing so, may have created one of the only cultures dominated by a single brain type. I believe it was this grueling process, starting from birth, which made brain-type cleansing not only happen, but necessary.
Any type can make it in the army. What about national service.

Quote:
Correct, to unequivocally prove the existence of different brain types to a science. This would open the doors for brain type research and acceptance. NOTE: currently, we dont have unequivocally proof and therefore we dont have acceptance.
Proving by brain scans for instance is the next step I would say.
Quote:
Read my earlier post:
A start would be to research, test and confirm brain types in humans as a science. This would allow us to identify brain types at a very early age and allow for mentorship, build career paths, and finally an insight and tutorial on the subject of who we are- as a brain type. Once proven, this form of Brain Type Classification (BTC) could be taught and documented to trained individuals to allow for mentorship of the young (voluntarily).
Oh I see.. I answered this before, and the simple answer it is highly unlikely/impossible to work. You see two doctors have a daughter who is INFP. They want their child to be a doctor, child wants to be a doctor, not an editor, so sod all the statistics they will likely say. Society is built on believing in human potential, the American Dream etc, the illusion (often) of being who you want to be, not what human potential should be limited to.
Old 07/11/2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
These things were you say we just have to agree to disagree, it's incorrect. I can prove what I say to be correct objectively, by the scientific method.
You have the floor…. just remember to stick to the subject:
1) Sparta was not dominated by one brain type.
2) Homo sapiens would have survived the last 10,000+ years with only one-brain type.

Quote:
Any type can make it in the army. What about national service.
What are you asking/saying? Please read up before we discuss, thank you.

Quote:
Proving by brain scans for instance is the next step I would say.

Quote:
Oh I see.. I answered this before, and the simple answer it is highly unlikely/impossible to work. You see two doctors have a daughter who is INFP. They want their child to be a doctor, child wants to be a doctor, not an editor, so sod all the statistics they will likely say. Society is built on believing in human potential, the American Dream etc, the illusion (often) of being who you want to be, not what human potential should be limited to.
In no way would the (BTC), training and classes be a one-way ticket. Career paths and all other viewpoints, training, and teachings, would only be suggested and recommended from experience, not enforced by the trainer or the parent. No different from any current classes offered. Remember, this is only a ‘brainstorm’ idea not a full-fledged proposal.
Old 07/11/2008, 12:29 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
A start would be to research, test and confirm brain types in humans as a science. This would allow us to identify brain types at a very early age and allow for mentorship, build career paths, and finally an insight and tutorial on the subject of who we are- as a brain type. Once proven, this form of Brain Type Classification (BTC) could be taught and documented to trained individuals to allow for mentorship of the young (voluntarily).
Quote:
In no way would the (BTC), training and classes be a one-way ticket. Career paths and all other viewpoints, training, and teachings, would only be suggested and recommended from experience, not enforced by the trainer or the parent. No different from any current classes offered. Remember, this is only a ‘brainstorm’ idea not a full-fledged proposal.
I am having trouble reconciling these two quotes. Who is doing the volunteering? Surely the children are too young to know what they want. And yet it does not have to be reinforced by the parents? I am not sure how these logically equate. Could you explain, please?

Also, if it is another system that does what other systems do, is it not more of the same, then? Why is it necessary? What makes it better than the others, or even worth pursuing?
Old 07/11/2008, 12:59 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
You have the floor. just remember to stick to the subject:
1) Sparta was not dominated by one brain type.
2) Homo sapiens would have survived the last 10,000+ years with only one-brain type.

I'm answering your points. I'm also not doing your homework by giving you a lecture on evolution, pro and prehistoric forms of humanity. It's really your floor, so the ball is in your court, but as you say..you cannot prove, so i'll say thank you for the thoughts you've put down nonetheless

Quote:
In no way would the (BTC), training and classes be a one-way ticket. Career paths and all other viewpoints, training, and teachings, would only be suggested and recommended from experience, not enforced by the trainer or the parent. No different from any current classes offered. Remember, this is only a brainstorm idea not a full-fledged proposal.
I've answered your quote-twice already, at your insistence, now you move the goal posts. Not sure what you're really getting at. Kanerou sums it up pretty well.

Last edited by Cyclops; 07/11/2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07/11/2008, 01:31 AM

Quote:

This statement is a combination of both thoughts; confirm as a science and document/train/teach “classes”.

Quote:

This statement only pertains to the “class” piece. Using the results of the research and documentation to train and teach students. The classes would be conducted voluntarily, no different from any current classes offered. Does this help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I am having trouble reconciling these two quotes. Who is doing the volunteering? Surely the children are too young to know what they want. And yet it does not have to be reinforced by the parents? I am not sure how these logically equate. Could you explain, please?

Also, if it is another system that does what other systems do, is it not more of the same, then? Why is it necessary? What makes it better than the others, or even worth pursuing?
Once further research, development and confirmation is completed; these facts and data can be used to create documentation to be used for training purposes. These are things we do not currently have. With them it would allow for mainstream acceptance and the ability to conduct training classes/mentorship for the young. Without these facts and data, Socionics is just another unproven theory.

Read my earlier posts:
Correct, to unequivocally prove the existence of different brain types to a science. This would open the doors for brain type research and acceptance. NOTE: we don’t have unequivocally proof and therefore we don’t have acceptance.

Quote:
I'm answering your points. I'm also not doing your homework by giving you a lecture on evolution, pro and prehistoric forms of humanity. It's really your floor, so the ball is in your court, but as you say..you cannot prove, so i'll say thank you for the thoughts you've put down nonetheless

I've answered your quote-twice already, at your insistence, now you move the goal posts. Not sure what you're really getting at. Kanerou sums it up pretty well.

Thank you for all your input. See you on a different post.

Last edited by Appleteck; 07/11/2008 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08/02/2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Their aim was to create the perfect state protected by the perfect solider and in doing so, may have created one of the only cultures dominated by a single brain type. I believe it was this grueling process, starting from birth, which made brain-type cleansing not only happen, but necessary.
The dominant personality type for the Spartans, during the "Classical Greece" period (between 480 and until 323 BCE) was ISTj.