Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 03/04/2006, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Hitler type

All that stuff about Hitler getting off on speeches is just nonesense. just cause it was on the history channel doesn't make it true. the history channel is just about the last place you want to look for historical accuracy. im serious. you should watch it for a day and take down notes and then check them(dates of events, numbers of people etc..). you'll probably find alot of information that is wrong. sometimes so wrong it is silly because alot of enthusiastic people will tune in to watch a show about their favorite historical event and just be like: . the hitler reference is a good example- but a more obvious one because its clearly just propaganda invented during or after ww2. so much for objectivity on television

As for why i think he might be INFp, as I said it is just a feeling. I'll think about it and get back to you. The ENTp reference, at least from my perspective, doesn't seem so "out-there" in terms of stereotypes if you really look at Hitler's life(not by watching a history channel documentary though, cause all it will do is play silly evil music over things that could just as easily have birthday music playing behind them and be no less ridiculous.)
Old 03/04/2006, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Human s/n #098621:
Some aspects that may interest you:
I could only assume that people who typed Hitler into ENFj have done it by the same historical data, so my question is
Old 03/04/2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
All that stuff about Hitler getting off on speeches is just nonesense. just cause it was on the history channel doesn't make it true. the history channel is just about the last place you want to look for historical accuracy. im serious. you should watch it for a day and take down notes and then check them(dates of events, numbers of people etc..). you'll probably find alot of information that is wrong. sometimes so wrong it is silly because alot of enthusiastic people will tune in to watch a show about their favorite historical event and just be like: . the hitler reference is a good example- but a more obvious one because its clearly just propaganda invented during or after ww2. so much for objectivity on television
I didn't say it was the truth, I just thought it was an interesting and proposition that a person could actually have an orgasm while giving a power-flexing speech--then I connected it with Se. Just playin' around a little...
Old 04/04/2006, 02:28 AM

aww with that cute little googly eyed guy how could i stay mad at you? i love that fella.
Old 04/04/2006, 08:25 AM

Well I find this concept kinda a weird.
Quote:
Originally posted by Epic:
As I stand now I see ENTp or maybe INFp. The only reason I say INFp is just cause a vague feeling i get about it that I can't explain.
Hitler... an IEI . Care to elaborate?
Old 04/04/2006, 08:51 AM

He looks introverted on his photos, but was he an introvert?
Old 04/04/2006, 01:25 PM

has anyone noticed how close hitlers eyebrows are to his eyes? wtf? definitely has the melancholic thing going on, intp or enfj. jawline doesnt point to one or the other, not excessively narrow. i suppose it comes down to the question if hitler had a large nose, or his cheek bones were flattened and it just looked big.

this has been one of the most fruitful discussions in a while.
Old 04/04/2006, 02:09 PM

He actually designed all the fascist symbolic logos by himself, wtf is that? ? ?
Old 04/04/2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Epic:
I have read this before and also can relate to it. ENTp's as kids tend to become very deeply involved in their own fantasy world which is constructed out of their own interests. It's something that borders on imaginary friends. whole worlds are constructed, which contain symbols and languages and mythologies. What happened with Hitler could have been related to this tendency. maybe not. maybe ENTp's aren't the only type susceptible to this behavior.
I thought that was normal human behaviour.

At least me and my friends were.

Actually at least I was.
Old 04/04/2006, 11:54 PM
Resident Transexual

Holy Crap!

So Hitler actually IS an ENTp!

Curious Soul was right after all!

He is now my new personal typing guru!
Old 05/04/2006, 12:20 AM

But IS he?
Old 05/04/2006, 12:32 AM
Resident Transexual

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
But IS he?
Well, my personal opinion is that Hitler is INFj.

But you know tons more about this stuff then I do...
Old 05/04/2006, 12:35 AM

I have no solid idea about Hitler except that he is not an ENFj.
Old 05/04/2006, 12:58 AM

I am but a novice in socionics, but i know a lot about Hitler. Let's see, if this aspects verify the socionic classification:

1. Rauschning reports, "he does not know how to work steadily. Indeed, he is incapable of working." He dislikes desk work and seldom glances at the piles of reports which are placed on his desk daily. No matter how important these may be or how much his adjutants may urge him to attend to the particular matter, he refuses to take them seriously unless it happens to be a project which interests him.
On the whole, few reports interest him unless they deal with military or naval affairs or political matters. He seldom sits in a cabinet meeting because they bore him. On several occasions when sufficient pressure was brought to bear he did attend but got up abruptly during the session and left without apology. Later it was discovered that he had gone to his private theater and had the operator show some film that he particularly liked.
On the whole, he prefers to discuss cabinet matters with each member in person and then communicate his decision to the group as a whole.

2. This is a very fundamental trait in Hitler's character structure: he does not think things out in a logical and consistent fashion, gathering all available information pertinent to the problem, mapping out alternative courses of action and then weighing the evidence pro and con for each of them before reaching a decision. His mental processes operate in reverse. Instead of studying the problem as an intellectual would do he avoids it and occupies himself with other things until unconscious processes furnish him with a solution. Having the solution he then begins to look for facts which will prove that it is correct. In this procedure he is very clever and by the time he presents it to his associates, it has the appearance of a rational judgment. Nevertheless, his thought processes proceed from the emotional to the factual instead of starting with the facts as an intellectual normally does. It is this characteristic of his thinking process which makes it difficult for ordinary people to understand Hitler or to predict his future actions.
His orientation in this respect is that of an artist and not that of a statesman.

3. "Close collaborators for many years said that Hitler was always like this - that the slightest difficulty or obstacle could make him scream with rage...."
Many writers believe that these rages are just play acting. There is much to be said for this point of view since Hitler's first reaction to the unpleasant situation is not indignation, as one would ordinarily expect under these circumstances. He goes off into a rage or tirade without warning. Similarly, when he has finished, there is no aftermath. He immediately cools down and begins to talk about other matters in a perfectly calm tone of voice as though nothing had happened. Occasionally he will look around sheepishly, as if to see if anyone is laughing, and then proceeds with other matters, without the slightest trace of resentment.
Some of his closest associates have felt that he induces these rages consciously to frighten those about him.

4. Hitler has always been extremely secretive in all his dealings. Hanfstangl tells us that this trait is carried to such a degree that he never tells one of his immediate associates what he has been talking about or arranged with another. His mind is full of compartments, Hanfstangl says, and his dealings with every individual are carefully pigeon-holed. What has been filed in one pigeon-hole is never permitted to mix with that in another.
Everything is scrupulously kept locked up in his mind and is only opened when he needs the material.

Your verdict?
Old 05/04/2006, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snegledmaca:
I thought that was normal human behaviour.

At least me and my friends were.

Actually at least I was.

In subsequent sentences I further elaborated on the statement you emboldened.

Yeah, all kids are imaginative, but I was citing the peculiarities of this behavior.

I'm not saying Hitler was preoccupied with this sort of stuff and if he was he was ENTp. I am not convinced Hitler is ENTp but most other types don't make sense.

Now cancel said INFj which is something I haven't heard before but I don't really see it. He was too intense and loud. His behavior was also disorganized and he often slept till noon, which(among other things) makes me think P. Also he was a sort of jack of all trades and kept up on technical details of military weapons, designing architecture, and painting. There is a holistic approach which suggests intuition and also logic, but more intuition. If he were INTp he would be more practical and would have probably been a better student, but he was not practical he was interested in ideas rather than "nonessentials" which he found pointless.

He wasn't a womanizer and had few sexual partners. Because of this people have made alot of speculations but not everyone has alot of sexual partners. most politicians do but that's because they are politicians, not visionaries(whether you like him or not he still fits in the definition). Hitler hated politicians.

If I have read correctly(i was interested in this sort of stuff in highschool) He came up with the first drawing of the volkswagen beetle and also had other ideas related to mass transit in Germany. He also had ideas pertaining to education, labor and the economy.

He was a intuitive logical type with 'impractical' ideas. He only seems to be falling into one place.

I think people spend too much time trying to put types into a box based on how much alike they are in appearance or mannerism to people they know of each given type. this works alot(for example, I know little of Lee Harvey Oswald but I can tell you will total certainty he is ENTp), usually in real life, but sometimes you gotta just stand back and go "wait, this is alot easier than i am making it be" I think that to do this you do have to do a little research though.
Old 05/04/2006, 05:47 AM
Resident Transexual

Bah. He is INFj.

Remember that TV miniseries about Hitler some years back? Ah, maybe you are too young, but I don't think so. Anyway, the guy was a art-fag dropout who sensed the "spirit of the times" (i.e. Germany could hate the Jews: common enemy) and rode the societal "ideals" to power.

I guess he got rejected from art school because of the "Jews" and Germany was getting butt-raped by Jews at the time (Jewish people are really, really, really, good at business...they are almost all INTp) and he noted that this could be a communal "bonding point" for Germany to rise to its previous glory.

He wasn't always a great speaker, but he channeled his hatred and past rejections in life into a steaming ball of hate and projected it all across Germany, which resonated with Hilter's own personal rejection, the whole nation felt rejected and raped after the end of WWI, and Hilter was just the personification of this.

Anyway, art-fag dropout = INFj.
Old 05/04/2006, 06:24 AM

I don't think that your modern stereotypes are applicable to europe a hundred years ago.
Old 05/04/2006, 06:41 AM
Resident Transexual

Well, I meant that little Adolf's poor little was really hurt by being rejected in art.

And my stereotypes rock.
Old 05/04/2006, 08:48 AM

Old 05/04/2006, 08:58 AM

I have read this before and also can relate to it. ENTp's as kids tend to become very deeply involved in their own fantasy world which is constructed out of their own interests. It's something that borders on imaginary friends. whole worlds are constructed, which contain symbols and languages and mythologies. What happened with Hitler could have been related to this tendency. maybe not. maybe ENTp's aren't the only type susceptible to this behavior.