Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 22/02/2010, 04:23 AM

Question Who are the Biggest Cheaters?

I was wondering?

Its hard, being ENFp [ESFp], because, cheating!
Its easy to get into the situation.

EXAMPLE

I had to turn down this guy in the parking lot...Ive been cautious in the hallways every since, ready to walk the other way.

Its not my fault that he wanted to buy me a burger. And I wanted one.

Im in the parking lot, walking with this guy to his car, and I think
"Wait till I tell Scott (my bf) about this guy buying me a burger!

Wait, does that mean that itll be a date?
Wait, wait, if its a date then I shouldnt tell him because...he is my boyfriend. No, thats not suppose to be right, dating while with a boyfriend.
He said we are "exlusive".
Maybe I can break up with him, and then tell him about this guy buying me burgers, and then get back together with him. I bet he would take me back.
But, what if I like this guy more than my boyfriend? He snowboards, thats really cool. I want to snowboard too now.
So, should I get the burger or not? Why did the burger have to get tied up in all of this. Why is it so easy for me to cheat? When did that happen?"

So difficult. I think about cheating allll the timme. So soooo hard.

Anyone think that a certain type finds it easier to cheat than others???

(You can give me advice on how to get a handle on not-cheating too if you want, I wont be offended-I havent done it yet, I think once you do it its the kiss of deathish, but somehow that doesnt scare me)
Old 22/02/2010, 08:36 AM
The Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldplasticlock View Post
Anyone think that a certain type finds it easier to cheat than others???
SEEs, according to stereotype.

As for the rest of the post...a date is what you make it. I don't know the guy you're with nor do I know the specifics of the scenario, but whether that's a date or not is a matter of technicality. Hopefully a good boyfriend would trust you enough to forgive something like that, especially if you never intended to be unfaithful.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 22/02/2010, 01:22 PM

God damn O_o

Enfp's are known cheaters!?

That would explain it then. I'm terrible at getting myself out of those situations.
I always wondered why I seemed to find it harder than everyone else.
Old 23/02/2010, 07:30 AM

Default it isn't cheating if...

hmmm... I dunno if I'd call a guy offering to buy you a burger cheating... but you seem to be plagued with anxiety over this, so maybe there's something more that you're not letting on to... perhaps you have feelings for this guy and are experiencing guilt associated with those feelings? I wholeheartedly believe that men and women can have purely platonic relationships that do not interfere their more intimate relationships, but maybe that's not the case here...

and it really sucks that being "exclusive" means you have to turn down offers of free food...
Old 23/02/2010, 12:20 PM

lol, well personally i agree that its all a matter of technicality if this scenario is dating or not. did the guy you went with know you had a boyfriend? are you feeling guilty cos u were interested? how long have u and ur boyfriend been going out for? do you think your boyfriend would actually be upset by some other guy buying you a burger? haha

i have heard ENFp's are natural flirts, not cheats, flirts! but they supposedly do this unintentionally, its just a natural part of the way they talk to the opposite sex. What makes you so overly conscious about cheating? Its all based on intentions and what you think your boyfriend would and would not approve of.
Old 23/02/2010, 12:31 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahbee1235 View Post
hmmm... I dunno if I'd call a guy offering to buy you a burger cheating... but you seem to be plagued with anxiety over this, so maybe there's something more that you're not letting on to... perhaps you have feelings for this guy and are experiencing guilt associated with those feelings? I wholeheartedly believe that men and women can have purely platonic relationships that do not interfere their more intimate relationships, but maybe that's not the case here...

and it really sucks that being "exclusive" means you have to turn down offers of free food...
I wish this were true ime.

What I mean is, ime, crossing the line over friendship comes up eventually, whether it's one of the parties, or both.

But, if shit's gonna happen it's gonna happen some way or other, so eat all the burgers you want.
Old 23/02/2010, 03:15 PM

I would agree. As an Enfp (tho possibly Enfj) I really do find my interactions with the opposite sex very flirtatious, even if I don't initially fancy them, it's just how I roll.

I think the other problem is that, as an affectionate, daydreamy, romantic type, imaginations run wild and even divulging into the thought of liking someone can throw us into panic in the situation you've described.

I think if you think about it too much you're going to head straight on into a cheating disaster. The more I thought about cheating on my last bf with an old flame the closer and closer I got to it, it was uncanny.

Also, we're known for throwing up the dramatics in a situation to cover the fact that deep down we really want to do it. It was just a burger. Try and step outside your body and go with the possibility that you're being a wee bit arrogant and he might not even fancy you... possibly he was like "I am hungry. I like your company as a friend. We should eat together."

But I guess you're panicking in the possibilty that if he does make a move, you're not going to say no. Or you'll throw up some dramatics for about two minutes before leaping into an awesome movie style kiss. Yes yes I've been there.

Anyhow... in the long run, these things rarely work out. You'll know you want to cheat, if you're looking at your long term partner and suddenly noticing everything annoying about them. If not, you're safe. If you are, I think deep down you want to be free. (That was my last situation)

Errr and I'll get flack for saying this but if you're not engaged or married.... -shrug-
Old 23/02/2010, 04:43 PM

ENTps .
Old 23/02/2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
and he might not even fancy you... possibly he was like "I am hungry. I like your company as a friend. We should eat together."
this is very true. we aren't really given any insight into the guy's motivation for asking her to eat with him. nor do we know how well they know each other, does he know she has a boyfriend, etc, etc

Quote:
Errr and I'll get flack for saying this but if you're not engaged or married.... -shrug-
This is EXACTLY how I feel about this situation. Thanks for putting it out there.

Quote:
What I mean is, ime, crossing the line over friendship comes up eventually, whether it's one of the parties, or both.
but you forgot the third possibility: that neither party brings up the idea up.
I guess I should clarify my position. When I wrote that men & women can have purely platonic relationships (and that it could continue as such), I did not mean that this was possible with EVERY relationship.
Old 24/10/2011, 06:44 PM

ENTp's followed by ENFp's (it's close).
Old 08/01/2012, 09:34 AM

Default Cheating Types

I agree with Appletech... ENTP is on top, literally with the ENFP close behind.

The two types probably make a good pair as well... being able to relate to eachothers infidelity.
Old 08/01/2012, 07:25 PM

ESTp without a doubt, but they aren't that smart, so the kind of cheating they do is destructive, but it just seems to be to acclimatize their own greed and ego, as oppose to using their abilities to destroy the world

i think ENTps are too infantile to cheat in a hazardous way, i think they have the *potential* to cheat in a big way, but i don't think they are actually threatening - i think ENTps are far more aware of the consequences of their actions
Old 15/01/2012, 11:53 AM

For flirting or cheating a lot, STs and NFs?

I read a lot that ESFps are whores or whatever but I don't think I've ever met one that really had a lack of sexual integrity in their life. I think they're loyal than most descriptions make them out to be.