Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 03/06/2010, 11:58 PM

Default a film with me in it: "Bloody Bastards!"

...or how on earth to avoid people.

I'm talking to this person yesterday, just trying to be polite, really (barely even know this person), then person says: "Hey, how about we get a drink Friday after this and that". I'm kinda out of it and said it'd be nice. Then person says:"awesome, looking forward to that". I'm thinking "F***, now i have to!".

Also, if you're taking any classes and think sitting at the very back will work, think again, it ain't gonna. Been trying so hard to avoid this classmate person the past few months. At some point, classmate says:"Hahaha, i think you're avoiding me". Me thinks:"Awesome, you can take a hint!". No such luck, changing seats ain't gonna work either, person keeps getting glued to me. Thank goodness that class is over!

Some time ago, at work, this other person:"Wanna go for lunch today?". Me thinks:"Can't really say No, it'd be rude, +this is work". Me says" Yeah, sure." That lunch date came and went, but person popped up in front of my desk every single day at the same time (lunch). I really just wanted to say, "Can you just let me be for a while..? Screw lunch!".

Bloody bastards!

PS: just general rant, really, but might take humorous advice .
Old 04/06/2010, 12:35 AM

This story made my day: keep posting.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 04/06/2010, 04:25 AM

LOL, thanks RSV.

I *might* write more, but don't you get all glued on me, yeah?

Old 04/06/2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felafel View Post
LOL, thanks RSV.

I *might* write more, but don't you get all glued on me, yeah?

I'm going to come up to you every day right before lunchtime and ask you to write another post...

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 04/06/2010, 12:37 PM
Gone on holiday...

Poor body odour will help to make people avoid you.
Old 04/06/2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Been trying so hard to avoid this classmate person the past few months. At some point, classmate says:"Hahaha, i think you're avoiding me". Me thinks:"Awesome, you can take a hint!". No such luck, changing seats ain't gonna work either, person keeps getting glued to me.
In a similar situation and with no reason to remain in this bothersome person's good graces, I'd smile and say, "Yes, that's true. You are obnoxious and predictable and I've merely been tolerating you all this while." In my experience this is more effective than saying, "I hate you, go away."
Old 04/06/2010, 03:35 PM

Haven't they made a movie about it already?

Old 04/06/2010, 05:12 PM

lol, haha thanks, persons!
Old 04/06/2010, 05:16 PM
Gone on holiday...

Have you seen this documentary?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Compl...exual_Failures

It is hilarious.
Old 04/06/2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Have you seen this documentary?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Compl...exual_Failures

It is hilarious.
Haven't, but will check it out. thanks
Old 04/06/2010, 06:56 PM
Gone on holiday...

Just a quick note - I wonder if you still have drinks night with certain person, seemed the person in question sort of talked you into it without you realising - perhaps you were "schmoozed" hehe
Old 04/06/2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Just a quick note - I wonder if you still have drinks night with certain person, seemed the person in question sort of talked you into it without you realising - perhaps you were "schmoozed" hehe
LOL, yeah, i do only coz i feel bad about saying i changed my mind or sth came up or whatever else one can say in these cases. I've noticed I'm also pretty darn easy to guilt-trip . Got to work on that....

Hey, maybe person has changed their mind, you never know (fingers crossed, lol). I hope person doesn't talk about Marx all the time, not in the mood to sustain that conversation today, lol.
Old 04/06/2010, 07:56 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by felafel View Post
LOL, yeah, i do only coz i feel bad about saying i changed my mind or sth came up or whatever else one can say in these cases. I've noticed I'm also pretty darn easy to guilt-trip . Got to work on that....

Hey, maybe person has changed their mind, you never know (fingers crossed, lol). I hope person doesn't talk about Marx all the time, not in the mood to sustain that conversation today, lol.
Heh, I don't know much about Marx tbh, i've been more interested in studying other philosphers like Frances Hutcheson, Kames, Hume etc, prolly cause I can get a 'sense' in real terms of their life and how their philosophies evolved from their style of life, which is interesting perhaps as if I really am ISTp then I suppose it's combining the tangible S thing with the empiricism and philosophy, something which N types typically are more interested in from a 'detached' perspective imhe.

Eh, anyway, I think Marx was against the slave trade (maybe he wasn't), based on something by Hegel? - but Hegel was afaik Interesting that before both were born, that black people couldn't be a slave in Scotland or England, a case of Joseph Knight was brought to court which Kames presided over - he was an African slave brought to Scotland by his master, and subsequently granted his freedom and that he should be paid for the work he did for his 'master', which was in 1769.

Anyway, yeah I think that afaik slavery was continued in a way in US by Africa itself, that the African tribal leaders were selling their own people to US as slaves to make a profit, Scottish presbeterians ended up to show the African tribal leaders other ways to make money so as not to have to sell Africans into slavery.

Oh, were was I? Dunno, something interesting I think and it ties in perhaps with morality that you were asking me earlier was that Kames came up with 4 stages of society ie stage 1 is nomadic hunter gatheres, stage 2 is herder of domestic animals, stage 3 is agricultural society and stage 4 is large cities with international connections. Well each stage required different laws and different views on laws due to changing nature of society within these stages, and size of populations, so the issue of law protecting morals or people or law protecting the society becomes ever more complex.

Anyway, where was I, eh, well I suppose i've wondered how virtual world of internet community would fit into each of these stages. Maybe i'll talk about is some more another time.

Eh, about the guilt thing, hmmm, it's part of what makes you you, yeah? ie you genuinely are a good person who cares about others, which i'll bet gets you a lot further in life as people can pick up on that than maybe you realise, guess unfortunately it has it's down side in terms of how you feel, hmmm, but can the two really not go hand in hand? Oh you weren't asking any of this, and I almost thought about not even posting, sorry for intruding if I have a little.

Yeah, let's just say....guilt..... SUFFERRRRR hehehe
Old 04/06/2010, 08:14 PM

Cy, thanks for this! I'll read it again, and look some things up too.
ps:btw, i'm actually not that good a person, lol. well, guess that's nothing to lol about yo. more later
Old 08/06/2010, 12:59 AM

- Izakaya, and one or two other things
...or part II, where there are no bastards, but strange things happen.

Quasi in the fam. got married. I showed up, frock on and all. Getting to the part where you all line up to say congrats at the end of the ceremony. Did just that, my turn came up. Did my best, I swear, but sth wasn't quite right. The lady in white eyes me askance and needs more. I'm thinking "I hear ya sista', I know exactly what's goin' on yo. Can't give ya what you need, tis the thing, not that I ain't trying." See, at least I did *my* homework, maybe time for her to figure out that it's nothing personal. Should I send her some socionics 101 as a wedding present or sth ?. Or maybe i'll keep it extra official, like her hubby. Fake it til you make it kinda thing.

Not long ago, I've noticed I make my favorite Izakaya chef very uncomfortable. What's that all about? Nothing to do with my looks, I asure you. Hey, maybe I'll get him some dual GF or sth. Maybe I'll do just that, it might just work. I really like sitting at the bar and staring at the dude as he grills that beef tongue and wraps the garlic in bacon for me! Yeah, 'swhat i'll do

PS: RSV, last story for you, just coz i promissed. I'm loosing the edge here, lol.