Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 31/01/2006, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Socion.info type test - intuition and sensibility ...

Heh, that was helpful, but my source-code is always a disorganized mess ... I have also changed the code somewhat since I posted that.

I was talking moreso about the 4 pictures.

The two on the top I initially made Alpha/Gamma and the ones on the bottom I made Beta/Delta.

But, it turns out that Alpha/Beta types are more likely to choose the top two as a set and Gamma/Delta types are more likely to choose the bottom two as a set.

Anyhow ... I also added a paragraph for Fi and Fe and an option for Te and Ti when I get around to writting questions for those.
Old 31/01/2006, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
I'd say an ESXj would seek livelier and more exciting experiences at the expense of familiarity, however it is just another opinion.
How would you describe Si?
Old 31/01/2006, 02:10 PM

Someone else I know tried to use pictures for a test before . I don't remember if it worked, probably not because I would have remembered otherwise. It might be wise to have more paintings to choose from: Similar compositions - different colours, similar colours - different compositions. I dunno, 20 - 30 paintings? If there are several options available and there is consistency or a pattern in what the user picks then it has got to be useful.
Old 31/01/2006, 02:57 PM

A humble suggestion...
It might help to have some generally unknown or abstract paintings as well...Most people tend to be biased towards certain styles of painting without realizing it, due to cultural background, for example, and might pick something simply based on an automatic reaction towards one artist or another instead of personal taste.
Old 31/01/2006, 07:02 PM

Yeah, makes sense to me.
Old 31/01/2006, 07:50 PM

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying and I considered that. I agree that it is a problem and I noticed that to a certain degree, which caused me to drastically rewrite part of the test.

Though, I do see some similarities ... I had to rewrite the code slightly when I found that some ENFps (American and German nationalities) were choosing the first set with Dali and Kahlo.

So, not only do the pictures go by quadra values, you can get intuitive or sensible from either one depending upon what choices you made previously.

I have not been made aware of a problem since, except for the fact that the test is only 75% finished, and I need to write a tie-breaker question for when someone chooses both the Role and Dominant functions or the Hidden Agenda.
Old 01/02/2006, 06:26 PM

ans1) http://socion.info/cgi-bin/pw.cgi?Q1...tion=post&Q3=2

The answer was that I tied. One thing rmcnew,answering the test does call in some cultural differences. Q3 for example would be condemned in my culture for the violence it deals with, as a result of which I & probably a lot of others frm my culture (irrespective of their N & S orientation) might choose a particular response.

I also think there is a technical problem with the test. After I click on ans 3, ans 5 gets removed & vice-versa. It has shown me "tied" three times.

I wish u all the best in developing ur test .The process of ur making this test is providing me with a lot of insights into socionics.
Old 01/02/2006, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by alphaquerist:
ans1) http://socion.info/cgi-bin/pw.cgi?Q1...tion=post&Q3=2

The answer was that I tied. One thing rmcnew,answering the test does call in some cultural differences. Q3 for example would be condemned in my culture for the violence it deals with, as a result of which I & probably a lot of others frm my culture (irrespective of their N & S orientation) might choose a particular response.

I also think there is a technical problem with the test. After I click on ans 3, ans 5 gets removed & vice-versa. It has shown me "tied" three times.

I wish u all the best in developing ur test .The process of ur making this test is providing me with a lot of insights into socionics.
Thanks ...

Yeah, I admit that some aspects of the test [such as the sets of pictures] are open to having flawed or bias results. I may take that part of the test out when I finish writting the paragraphs for introverted and extroverted thinking.