Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 14/05/2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Do you mean that when you turn on you're Ne that you neglect your Si needs in a way, so that you end up letting yourself become drained and overworked?
No, draining Ne isn't really about neglecting Si. It's more that Ne can't really be controlled. It comes in fits and bursts. If you choose to let it burn too fast and too strong you can burn it out and, when nothing is left but cold embers, you feel a little bit empty. You don't know what to do with yourself anymore because there's nothing driving you. Part of what Vibration is talking about is that in order for ENTp to stay happy we need to burn Ne hard and jump from one thing to the next. But if we aren't careful we can burn it out entirely and are left feeling extremely unhappy. So you're stuck in this constant state of trying to stay one step ahead and we probably end up spending more time chopping wood than roasting marshmallows because we're afraid of what happens when the fire dies out. Perhaps that's part of the attraction for ENTp to ISFp: ISFp is really good at feeding the fire and making damn good s'mores, but if the fire dies out, they can find their way through the dark and lead ENTp back to the tent where there's a whole new way to stay warm and happy.
Old 14/05/2008, 08:25 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
No, draining Ne isn't really about neglecting Si. It's more that Ne can't really be controlled. It comes in fits and bursts. If you choose to let it burn too fast and too strong you can burn it out and, when nothing is left but cold embers, you feel a little bit empty. You don't know what to do with yourself anymore because there's nothing driving you. Part of what Vibration is talking about is that in order for ENTp to stay happy we need to burn Ne hard and jump from one thing to the next. But if we aren't careful we can burn it out entirely and are left feeling extremely unhappy. So you're stuck in this constant state of trying to stay one step ahead and we probably end up spending more time chopping wood than roasting marshmallows because we're afraid of what happens when the fire dies out. Perhaps that's part of the attraction for ENTp to ISFp: ISFp is really good at feeding the fire and making damn good s'mores, but if the fire dies out, they can find their way through the dark and lead ENTp back to the tent where there's a whole new way to stay warm and happy.
For this part, I was more thinking of creative Ne, which is applicable to SG. As far as I understand the system, your Ne will be a bit different, because it's never (rarely?) turned off..it's your dominant function. I think INTj's can neglect their bodily needs when working hard and enthusiastically on a project, and the caregiver ESFj will, I think, naturally take care of them that way.

Why do you think the ISFp is so good at feeding and stoking the fires of your Ne? Do you think it is their Si maybe?
Old 14/05/2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Do you mean that when you turn on you're Ne that you neglect your Si needs in a way, so that you end up letting yourself become drained and overworked?
Yep, something like that.

Quote:
If you choose to let it burn too fast and too strong you can burn it out and, when nothing is left but cold embers, you feel a little bit empty.
Haha, in my case, it is exactly what Cyclops said, I have much greater chance to run down physically than running out of ideas.
Old 14/05/2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Why do you think the ISFp is so good at feeding and stoking the fires of your Ne? Do you think it is their Si maybe?
I think it's probably the combination Si/Fe that does it. The fact that ISFp enjoys knowings things and sharing them in a dynamic way is really constructive. Because ISFp has an enthusiasm for knowledge that exists in the details rather than the ideas, it means that I can take the lead and be the idea person, which removes the edge of competition and simply allows me to enjoy ISFp's company. They can bounce details at my head until one of them sticks to my gears and gets them lubed up for my next big idea. That being said, I think if I were deep into my Ti cups, an ISTp like yourself could manage to do the same thing. Generally I am an ENTp who puts more emphasis on my Ne, but if I decide I want something, or I start to get really serious or particularly manipulative I start to build up my Ti, at which point I would much prefer a coolly rational discussion with the Si/Te than the enthusiasm of the Si/Fe.

Sorry for the double post, but in retrospect, I take back what I said at the end. If I were to fall into a sub-type, I would be a Ti, selector type. But in a manner that's a little hard to explain, I also put a lot of emphasis on my Ne. I can't really go into it in detail without revealing things about myself that I would rather not share, ENTp that I am. In essence, my outside face is rather different from my inside face. What a surprise...

Last edited by Dewy; 14/05/2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15/05/2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
I often find myself in semi-vegetative state, when all the power but the minimal life support is diverted to 'front phasers'. That lack of energy after long periods of using intuition often makes me unhappy.
Yes, vegetative is the right word. Like coma patients unable to breathe being put in a respirator.

Very unhappy and sense-less.

Quote:
I think the key is to take breaks when needed, but you probably know (judging by your exceptional productivity) that's once you pop you can't stop.
I am completely exhausted. Have been that for several months now. It is probably time for a vacation!

Quote:
Other than that, I'd also like to know the secret of eternal happiness
Exactly. Exactly. That is what I meant. But since life seems to be like a roller coaster, maybe we should just buy more popcorn and tickets to the rides and care less about tomorrow?
Old 15/05/2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
But since life seems to be like a roller coaster, maybe we should just buy more popcorn and tickets to the rides and care less about tomorrow?
Well, yeah, but ain't that what rich people do anyway?
Old 15/05/2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Well, yeah, but ain't that what rich people do anyway?
Money-rich or intellectually rich, or both, and/or something else-rich?

Quote:
I like the way you write. Do you know me?
Do you like animated things as well? I love those. It is the closest I can get to expressing real/true feelings, but probably no one understands anyway, it’s too cryptic/remote. Expressing what I feel is very uncomfortable -feels like a hysterical joke or deeply sentimental (I lie on the floor laughing or start crying, -there is nothing in between those two extremes). Feelings burst/choke me. I simply have to let something else express them for me.

Quote:
Yep, something like that.

Haha, in my case, it is exactly what Cyclops said, I have much greater chance to run down physically than running out of ideas.
A single meaning, basically... Or?

I can not run out of ideas either.

Last edited by Vibration; 15/05/2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16/05/2008, 01:29 AM

Vibration, I hate trying to express my feelings. I can't put them in words directly, so I use anecdotes and metaphors to make my point. Unfortunately they tend to be a little too cryptic most of the time. You should see my creative writing, lol.
Old 16/05/2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Vibration, I hate trying to express my feelings. I can't put them in words directly, so I use anecdotes and metaphors to make my point. Unfortunately they tend to be a little too cryptic most of the time. You should see my creative writing, lol.
Please send me some fragments of your creative writing!!! PLEASE!

I am sure I can encrypt them.

Wrote a silly thing yesterday. I am glad I did not post it.
Old 16/05/2008, 06:57 AM

When I was a small boy I expressed my feelings of neglect and emotional abuse by shooting frogs in a small pond with a BB gun. When I returned a few days later all of their decomposing bodies were floating in the water. I felt ashamed.

They never repopulated.
Old 16/05/2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:

Wrote a silly thing yesterday. I am glad I did not post it.
What did you write?
Old 16/05/2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
When I was a small boy I expressed my feelings of neglect and emotional abuse by shooting frogs in a small pond with a BB gun. When I returned a few days later all of their decomposing bodies were floating in the water. I felt ashamed.

They never repopulated.
Internally scared by external events you destroyed life –an event that poisons your life still today.

No kiss no prince.

You are a virgin.

Or a very symbolic interpretation:

Blinded by lack of love, Eternal love hit you without notice. Before you realized what had happened the whole thing was over. Inexperienced you did something childish wrong to that special person and killed your dream –all you got. Bittersweet memories prevent you from loving again.
Old 16/05/2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Internally scared by external events you destroyed life –an event that poisons your life still today.

No kiss no prince.

You are a virgin.

Or a very symbolic interpretation:

Blinded by lack of love, Eternal love hit you without notice. Before you realized what had happened the whole thing was over. Inexperienced you did something childish wrong to that special person and killed your dream –all you got. Bittersweet memories prevent you from loving again.

I had my first sexual experience at 16 and lost my virginity to the same person when I was 20. She was my girlfriend and she had vaginismus.
Old 17/05/2008, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I had my first sexual experience at 16 and lost my virginity to the same person when I was 20. She was my girlfriend and she had vaginismus.
Ok I see. Hmmm... What a beautiful life!

Last edited by Vibration; 17/05/2008 at 04:33 AM.
Old 17/05/2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Ok I see. Hmmm... What a beautiful life!
I agree. It has been a very beautiful life!
Old 02/06/2008, 04:57 AM

Lightbulb Greetings Earthlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Reflecting, emitting, what about absorbing
What about transmitting?

Quote:
But what about lasering -creating stimulated emission instead? The contents of the message line up in parallell, become a coherent brilliant laser beam shining on a focused spot creating deep understanding within that illuminated area!?
That is for INTJs only (like Niels Bohr, the father of the discrete states that permit population inversions).

Quote:
Basically, I wonder if many other ENTps suffer from the same dilemma, i.e., they have to prove things to other people. And that causes meaningless pain.
I smell a lot of prestige in all ENTps I know.
I too am a composer; I also like to jam and improvise freely. I am not sure about the solution to your problem, but you might want to look into Type 3 Enneagrams; they are motivated to glorify this ideal.

I am:
I(100%) N(100%) T(100%) J(66%)
R(82%) C(90%) O(82%) E(90%) I(90%)
5(112%) w6(71%)
and 100% LII - I'm surprised at the conspicuous absence of this notation in the forums (I was quite certain that this was the official jargon of socionics). I am an experimental physicist working with molecular films and their surface interactions at atomic resolution; I have also worked in sex pheromone discovery and light detection and ranging. I value theories that are supported beyond reference contexts.

Last edited by IntjWurm; 02/06/2008 at 05:07 AM.
Old 02/06/2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntjWurm View Post
LII - I'm surprised at the conspicuous absence of this notation in the forums
It's in the drop down menu when you select your type when register. However if you mean the lack of usage of the 3 letter acronym on these forums... you are free to use what you are comfortable with here, this is not a socionics concentration camp you know
Old 05/06/2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
What about transmitting?
Yes dumping the crap. And fluorescening!! -Digesting part of the spectrum and emitting new light?

Quote:
I too am a composer; I also like to jam and improvise freely. I am not sure about the solution to your problem, but you might want to look into Type 3 Enneagrams; they are motivated to glorify this ideal.
What type of music do you make?

Quote:
I am:
I(100%) N(100%) T(100%) J(66%)
R(82%) C(90%) O(82%) E(90%) I(90%)
5(112%) w6(71%)
and 100% LII - I'm surprised at the conspicuous absence of this notation in the forums (I was quite certain that this was the official jargon of socionics). I am an experimental physicist working with molecular films and their surface interactions at atomic resolution; I have also worked in sex pheromone discovery and light detection and ranging. I value theories that are supported beyond reference contexts.
Old 05/06/2008, 12:24 AM

Thumbs up Phonons As Art

Quote:
What type of music do you make?
I really like gamelan, klezmer, and flamenco, but my music is mainly baroque and jazz influenced, with a little trance and some shred (I play electric guitar). I can send you some of my work if you want to hear it.

What kind of music do you write?
Old 05/06/2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
I really like gamelan, klezmer, and flamenco, but my music is mainly baroque and jazz influenced, with a little trance and some shred (I play electric guitar). I can send you some of my work if you want to hear it.

What kind of music do you write?
What is RCOEI?