Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 27/06/2008, 05:04 AM

Default What do guys really want?

So just wondering, just like I am sure other girls have wondered at one time or another-What does a guy really want in a girl?-Does he want the girl who is sporty and will enjoy a football game with him or one who acts really girly all the time?
Old 27/06/2008, 03:53 PM

Really girly. Thats my own opinion. And be able to get us hot chocolate at the click of a finger. Yeah thats what Im talking about.
Old 27/06/2008, 04:15 PM
Gone on holiday...

I really really really wanna zig a zig ah. (spice girls yeah?)

Um.. well guess i want someone who's good fun but can talk to about stuff too. Like can be serious but also fun at same time, if that makes sense? I dunno and then at same time someone who's just being themselves yeah. Mm yeah actually maybe i'd like to date a girl who works at local fast food takeaway place..wow imagine all the (hopefully) free food when coming back from a few pints or something yeah way to heart through stomach maybe?
Old 27/06/2008, 09:28 PM

Default Tempted to be sarcastic

Well, right away, I thought of a one-word answer...that would not go over very well. It can depend on type, but probably moreso on personality. The answer is as unique as each respondent reacting to the question.
Old 27/06/2008, 10:50 PM

I don't think first and second option should exclude each other
Old 28/06/2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinosleep View Post
Really girly. Thats my own opinion. And be able to get us hot chocolate at the click of a finger. Yeah thats what Im talking about.
Okay so when you say really girly-you mean all dressed up in a cute outfit and heels all the time right-someone who looks like a trophy girlfriend/wife and will always meet your needs. So what happens when you want to go..say do something outdoors-like hiking or camping, are you still going to want her to be really girly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I really really really wanna zig a zig ah. (spice girls yeah?)

Um.. well guess i want someone who's good fun but can talk to about stuff too. Like can be serious but also fun at same time, if that makes sense? I dunno and then at same time someone who's just being themselves yeah. Mm yeah actually maybe i'd like to date a girl who works at local fast food takeaway place..wow imagine all the (hopefully) free food when coming back from a few pints or something yeah way to heart through stomach maybe?

Um so I see...I like your response- it's realistic. Because why would you want to be with someone who can't be both fun and serious, that would probably get to boring, right? So here's a question for you what if there is something about her that you don't like, you know when they are being themselves? Do you completely forget about her or what do you do? So do you think that for most guys they prefer a girl who is going to feed them?

Last edited by amendoza; 28/06/2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29/06/2008, 05:04 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amendoza View Post
Um so I see...I like your response- it's realistic. Because why would you want to be with someone who can't be both fun and serious, that would probably get to boring, right?
probably just one dimensionial I suppose, but then it depends how hot they are haha

Quote:
So here's a question for you what if there is something about her that you don't like, you know when they are being themselves? Do you completely forget about her or what do you do?
Um..do you have something to tell me? lol. Well, I mean it depends what it is and of course if you care about the person and other factors too you know? I mean I guess taking the question generally, then I'm aware that no ones perfect and stuff happens, folk have things going on even then no one can be regarded as perfect yeah? (I mean how can we define whats perfect when it comes to people)
Quote:
So do you think that for most guys they prefer a girl who is going to feed them?
works for me. But hey, I mean it comes down to the individual, if a guy happened to really enjoy cooking then he'd probably wanna do the cooking yeah? haha And like, I know a girl she loves to cook and she'd prefer a guy who enjoys her cooking cause she likes doing it and like some girls you know they don't cook and see supermarkets as a place to get a cheap bottle of wine here and there lol (nothing wrong with that either sometimes haha)

Is there someone you got your eye on or something? I mean I don't think people can change too much and we shouldn;t maybe i suppose like go changing ourselves for someone (although we still probably end up trying lol) and you know maybe not for someone we don't know also, I mean there's gotta be folk out there (hopefully) that appreciate our talents as they are. Of course at same time no harm in self improvement.

**Gee did I just type that stuff above lol**

**I think I'm actually still gonna go with Chino's on this one lol. Yeah Chino man, he knows what it takes I reckon (:**

Last edited by Cyclops; 29/06/2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 30/06/2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
probably just one dimensionial I suppose, but then it depends how hot they are haha

Um..do you have something to tell me? lol. Well, I mean it depends what it is and of course if you care about the person and other factors too you know? I mean I guess taking the question generally, then I'm aware that no ones perfect and stuff happens, folk have things going on even then no one can be regarded as perfect yeah? (I mean how can we define whats perfect when it comes to people)
works for me. But hey, I mean it comes down to the individual, if a guy happened to really enjoy cooking then he'd probably wanna do the cooking yeah? haha And like, I know a girl she loves to cook and she'd prefer a guy who enjoys her cooking cause she likes doing it and like some girls you know they don't cook and see supermarkets as a place to get a cheap bottle of wine here and there lol (nothing wrong with that either sometimes haha)

Is there someone you got your eye on or something? I mean I don't think people can change too much and we shouldn;t maybe i suppose like go changing ourselves for someone (although we still probably end up trying lol) and you know maybe not for someone we don't know also, I mean there's gotta be folk out there (hopefully) that appreciate our talents as they are. Of course at same time no harm in self improvement.

**Gee did I just type that stuff above lol**

**I think I'm actually still gonna go with Chino's on this one lol. Yeah Chino man, he knows what it takes I reckon (:**
I can not believe you just typed the part of "it depends how hot they are"-lol, so what is that supposed to mean if a girl is hot she can't be a combination of sporty, girly girl, and still know how to cook, haha . And no I don't have anything to tell you, lol, I just think just like you mentioned not everybody is perfect but that doesn't mean they aren't worth your time-for instance-I sometimes start acting too much like a mom-probably because I am the oldest of my sibilings, it's something that I have to remind myself not to do around others though, it can be sooo horrible sometimes, lol. I see your point with the whole cooking bit, it's true I believe that when we cook we hope that the person that we are cooking for will enjoy the meal. And you're right there is nothing wrong with the guy cooking either I have a few friends who enjoy cooking for their significant others. I have had my eye on my boyfriend and he still continues to hold it after all this time, I think that there are certain things about me that have changed for the best that no one else has ever cared enough to confront me about-and just like you mentioned there is always room for self improvement. I guess you could say that I like to think of myself as a combination of the girl that I just mentioned above-I guess the only one who could really confirm that for anyone would have to be my boyfriend-so maybe I'm just kidding myself that that's who I am, lol.
Old 30/06/2008, 01:31 AM
Gone on holiday...

Do you know what type you are? With you acting like a "mum" it's possible you are a caregiver type..possibly.

Re hot and girly - some of those female tennis players at Wimbledon they are both.
Old 30/06/2008, 04:20 PM

Im getting ISFp from amendoza. Yeah no-ones perfect, you grow to like someone over time for who they are including their imperfections. There has to be a personal attraction between the two and the personality type's have to kind of match in some way even if it isn't your dual. just means you might have to adjust yourself to make the relationship work. And yeah those wimbledon women are hot. Maria Sharapova...mmmmmm
Old 01/07/2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Do you know what type you are? With you acting like a "mum" it's possible you are a caregiver type..possibly.

Re hot and girly - some of those female tennis players at Wimbledon they are both.

So I am pretty sure that I am an ESFJ, at least that's what my boyfriend and I think I am. That's so funny that you mention that tennis players are hot-lol-I am more of a baseball/softball player, but of course I am learning or more like trying to learn how to play tennis, as you can imagine what a sight I must be.

Quote:
Im getting ISFp from amendoza. Yeah no-ones perfect, you grow to like someone over time for who they are including their imperfections. There has to be a personal attraction between the two and the personality type's have to kind of match in some way even if it isn't your dual. just means you might have to adjust yourself to make the relationship work. And yeah those wimbledon women are hot. Maria Sharapova...mmmmmm

So I read the discription of an ISFp, and yeah don't quite believe that I meet the description, lol especially the physical part-I am slender and average height-as for the clothing description I don't really wear much color I prefer blacks and whites. People are usually amazed when I actually decide to wear color which I do sometimes. I agree with you regarding the personal attraction between a couple, if there is no form of attraction between the two then I would imagine it would be hard to stay interested in the person.

Last edited by amendoza; 01/07/2008 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01/07/2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
So I am pretty sure that I am an ESFJ, at least that's what my boyfriend and I think I am. That's so funny that you mention that tennis players are hot-lol-I am more of a baseball/softball player, but of course I am learning or more like trying to learn how to play tennis, as you can imagine what a sight I must be.

So I read the discription of an ISFp, and yeah don't quite believe that I meet the description, lol especially the physical part-I am slender and average height-as for the clothing description I don't really wear much color I prefer blacks and whites. People are usually amazed when I actually decide to wear color which I do sometimes. I agree with you regarding the personal attraction between a couple, if there is no form of attraction between the two then I would imagine it would be hard to stay interested in the person.
Amen to that brother. Now who's for a cold beverage?

Edit: oooh oooh, I know why I thought you were a ISFp, is because we're mirrors. So your a ESFj, yay my first ESFj encounter please come on more often so we can interact some more I wanna see what its like. And for your information no, not all ISFp's are fat lol. Im thin actually. BTW, ever came across a ISFj amendoza? And I thought ESFj's would be a colourful bunch maybe wearing pinks and whites and what not :|
Old 03/07/2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Amen to that brother. Now who's for a cold beverage?

Edit: oooh oooh, I know why I thought you were a ISFp, is because we're mirrors. So your a ESFj, yay my first ESFj encounter please come on more often so we can interact some more I wanna see what its like. And for your information no, not all ISFp's are fat lol. Im thin actually. BTW, ever came across a ISFj amendoza? And I thought ESFj's would be a colourful bunch maybe wearing pinks and whites and what not :|
Lol, too funny so I am surprised that in this website you haven't met any other ESFJ's. I'm pretty new to the website so as you can imagine I am still learning about it so far I think it's pretty interesting and I like it. No just an ISTp, INTj, and now you. Lol, as for the colors they say I look good in pinks, but I prefer blacks and whites. So that's funny that we are mirrors, now is that a good thing or a bad thing, lol???
Old 03/07/2008, 11:48 PM

You sound just like me. Its a good thing. We both have extraverted feeling as our main functions so we're both good at reading other peoples emotions and the ambience of a group or social gathering or something, cool huh lol.
Old 04/07/2008, 02:40 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
You sound just like me. Its a good thing. We both have extraverted feeling as our main functions so we're both good at reading other peoples emotions and the ambience of a group or social gathering or something, cool huh lol.
Can you read ISTp's?
Old 04/07/2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
So just wondering, just like I am sure other girls have wondered at one time or another-What does a guy really want in a girl?-Does he want the girl who is sporty and will enjoy a football game with him or one who acts really girly all the time?
This is why feminism isn't finished and the same reason why modern "sexual freedom" is a fallacy.

Sorry, needed to get that out there. It's been my experience as a female that what econdude says is correct. Different guys will like different girls. There is no singular answer. This becomes all the more evident in socionics. Different types will value different qualities. Different people with different experiences will value different qualities. The real answer is to be what you are and find what you want. They rest will fall into place.
Old 05/07/2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
I don't think first and second option should exclude each other
I was thinking the same thing
Old 06/07/2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I know what you mean, I never really realized how much I can actually read people until I stopped and thought about it, and yep it's pretty cool I enjoy being able to read people.

Quote:
Can you read ISTp's?
Lol, so how horrible is this going to sound-I think I can read about anyone once I get to know them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
This is why feminism isn't finished and the same reason why modern "sexual freedom" is a fallacy.

Sorry, needed to get that out there. It's been my experience as a female that what econdude says is correct. Different guys will like different girls. There is no singular answer. This becomes all the more evident in socionics. Different types will value different qualities. Different people with different experiences will value different qualities. The real answer is to be what you are and find what you want. They rest will fall into place.
I agree with you regarding different guys liking different girls, but after posting this post I have come to find out that all of the guys answers are in a way similar. I think that you do have to be who you are but I also believe that there is always room for self improvement not necessarily just for girls but for everyone-whether they are a male or female. I just think that once you find the one you really care for you will better yourself without even trully realizing it creating a better atmosphere for your relationship.

Last edited by amendoza; 06/07/2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07/07/2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I know what you mean, I never really realized how much I can actually read people until I stopped and thought about it, and yep it's pretty cool I enjoy being able to read people.

Lol, so how horrible is this going to sound-I think I can read about anyone once I get to know them.

I agree with you regarding different guys liking different girls, but after posting this post I have come to find out that all of the guys answers are in a way similar. I think that you do have to be who you are but I also believe that there is always room for self improvement not necessarily just for girls but for everyone-whether they are a male or female. I just think that once you find the one you really care for you will better yourself without even trully realizing it creating a better atmosphere for your relationship.
Ah don't worry about it Amendoza, just go with the flow N' see wot happens. *sees how amendoza responds* hehe :S