Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 10/06/2008, 04:52 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I always say that you cannot be in doubt between ENTj and INTp because they have diametrically opposed temperaments. One is EJ and the other IP. Here are some other differences to start with:

1. ENTjs are workaholics, INTps are lazybones.

2. Every ENTj I know is an early bird, every INTp I know is a night owl.

3. ENTjs are focused on practical results, INTps can dig extremely deeply into a subject without ever gaining any practical benefit from it.

4. ENTjs make decisions easily and are natural leaders. INTps postpone decisions endlessly, they collect more and more information, and they have no interest in leading others and usually feel uncomfortable when forced into having such a responsibility.
Thanks for all of your help, unfortunately I am having trouble identifying with any of extremes that you mentioned (perhaps this is in essence a decision postponement?)

1. Workoholic if I am afraid to lose inspiration, otherwise lazy (or rather introvertedly focused, which may often seem lazy to others)
2. This depends on when I am inspired which is often late at night or very very early in the morning (usually before dawn, but after sleep)
3. I am likely to focus on the theoretical side since it is more interesting for me (however at the end I will try to isolate any practical results for direct application)
4. This depends on the context, if I have to I will make a decision on the spot (which I am very comfortable doing), but I might also wait for a better alternative...

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 10/06/2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10/06/2008, 07:08 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuppet View Post
Thanks for all of your help, unfortunately I am having trouble identifying with any of extremes that you mentioned (perhaps this is in essence a decision postponement?)
I'm not sure, but I doubt it. I see it as more likely an argument for INTj.

Quote:
1. Workoholic if I am afraid to lose inspiration, otherwise lazy (or rather introvertedly focused, which may often seem lazy to others)
Can you easily force yourself to do what is your duty on a day to day basis, or do your work capacity depend to a large extent on your current mood in that you need "inspiration" to work effectively?

Quote:
2. This depends on when I am inspired which is often late at night or very very early in the morning (usually before dawn, but after sleep)
Every person has a natural born tendency to be either an early bird or a night owl. At which time during the day do you tend to be most effective? Are you usually warmer (body temperature) when you go to bed or when you wake up in the morning?
Old 10/06/2008, 07:16 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I doubt it. I see it as more likely an argument for INTj.

Can you easily force yourself to do what is your duty on a day to day basis, or do your work capacity depend to a large extent on your current mood in that you need "inspiration" to work effectively?

Every person has a natural born tendency to be either an early bird or a night owl. At which time during the day do you tend to be most effective? Are you usually warmer (body temperature) when you go to bed or when you wake up in the morning?
I can do common tasks pretty much blindly, in that case I really only pay attention to detail to stay interested (my mother instilled this in me when I was very young)...I am coldest in deep sleep before REM sleep begins, otherwise it depends on the day (if I have to deal with people or some exacting standard I may behave more like an INTj and settle everything in the morning)...otherwise I might wait all day for the crap to clear from my brain and try to let creative inspirations build up in me until I am ready to act...

u!

Quote:
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.
Old 10/06/2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
One eats chocolate biscuits after their evening meal, the other will have on or two sneaky ones before it's ready.

Organised ----> Disorganised.

I have now taught you all I know...

i like that analogy
Old 10/06/2008, 08:08 PM
the Omniscient

Kensi do you still think I could be ENTj?

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Kensi do you still think I could be ENTj?
that was my first guess off of the grad pic you sent .....but your intuitive abilities are phenomenal---more than phenomenal actually.... as they relate to observations of Te....that i believe your dominant world is Ni and as such it would be impropper to call you ENTJ.....as this wouln't do much justice to the observation of your dual pairing?

Another observation that i mentioned to RSV3 in an indirect way is.....your NiFi nature. For MBTI INTJ NiFi is MBTI 1,3 ......and its likely Socionics equivalent of INTp it is Soc 1,6.

NiFi is far stronger in the INTp than in the ENTj. The ENTj is far stronger at TeSe. Also ENTjs never tend to work behind the scenes. Their TeSe is very direct and upfront.

On a humorous note....judging by the name you've given yourself (shadowpuppet).....NiFi is the perfect candidate to describe this phenomena
The Fi function lies in behind the manifestations of Energy (within that very notational progression) created by Ni to feel like it is the puppet to Nis contemplations. Of course the shadow world, usually associated with the unconscious, can to be symbolized by I in its relation to the more spread out E.

I would have to say INTp but.....this isn't an exact science....not yet at least!

Another way to figure it out would be to see if Se people activates you more of Fi people.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:03 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
Another way to figure it out would be to see if Se people activates you more of Fi people.
Thanks! What does that mean?

And what is NiFi (it sounds like Wi-Fi)? Sorry to take up your time, and thanks again...

u!

Quote:

Last edited by shadowpuppet; 11/06/2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11/06/2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
I always say that you cannot be in doubt between ENTj and INTp because they have diametrically opposed temperaments. One is EJ and the other IP. Here are some other differences to start with:

1. ENTjs are workaholics, INTps are lazybones.

2. Every ENTj I know is an early bird, every INTp I know is a night owl.

3. ENTjs are focused on practical results, INTps can dig extremely deeply into a subject without ever gaining any practical benefit from it.

4. ENTjs make decisions easily and are natural leaders. INTps postpone decisions endlessly, they collect more and more information, and they have no interest in leading others and usually feel uncomfortable when forced into having such a responsibility.
This assertion is respectable in its attempts but it is ridiculous to stereotype somebody or some type to that extreme...... People are a mix of different energies.

But that is the biggest bunch of crap i've ever heard about distinguishing a mirror type. Mirrors are quite hard to distinguish especially if there are intratim and extratim considerations to take into account.

------there's a reason they're called Mirrors. I think you're thinking more along the lines of a Contrast relationship. In these relationships it is rather obvious....hence the word Contrast.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:28 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Yeah fwiw I get more INTp vibes from you than ENTj. You make too much sense to be ENTj haha (i'm joking but you do seem more INTp)

Are you trying any other forums as well as 16 types?
Here are some more forums, but there is nobody posting at any of these...

definitive-socionics.info
socionicsworkshop.com
armleg.com/psychorelative

When I have absorbed enough socionics knowledge here I will conquer one of them and rule as king...

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 02:29 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Here are some more forums, but there is nobody posting at any of these...

definitive-socionics.info
socionicsworkshop.com
armleg.com/psychorelative

When I have absorbed enough socionics knowledge here I will conquer one of them and rule as king...
Is there any good info there?
Old 11/06/2008, 02:32 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
Is there any good info there?
I haven't really looked - there are a lot of good blogs though and sites without forums as well.

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 02:33 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
I haven't really looked - there are a lot of good blogs though and sites without forums as well.
I'm reading through Definitive Socionics right now. I thought the mention of INFp's "creative ethics" was amusing.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:35 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I'm reading through Definitive Socionics right now. I thought the mention of INFp's "creative ethics" was amusing.
I really like this thing; I think Kensi does too:

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 02:37 AM
Omnomnom

*rolls* You know, that's actually pretty good.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks! What does that mean?

And what is NiFi (it sounds like Wi-Fi)? Sorry to take up your time, and thanks again...
Its implications are more MBTI since thru the very block model of Socionics it is a little bit odd linking the two as compared to MBTI. In a nutshell, certain types of people exhibit "Bridge Teardown behaviour"(loosely-worn). In MBTI an INTJ is most regarded for NiTeFiSe...... but can show a logic equivalent to NiFiTeSe...whether in whole or in part is debateable. I have made plenty of observations of some people do this (in particular an ESTj who had a TeNe attitude that made him appear as an NT--- but he wasn't cause his Te was already modified by Si compliments). NiFi is a support system for the internal structure of logic. A map of the inner world tendancies.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:42 AM
Omnomnom

I was about to say I admired the structure on the page...then I realized I was admiring Ti! -.-
Old 11/06/2008, 02:42 AM
the Omniscient

They should make a socionics video game where each type has different strengths and weaknesses (PoLR), and they all battle for supremacy...you could have subtype matches/quadrant championships, etc.

u!

Quote:
Old 11/06/2008, 02:43 AM

Quote:
I really like this thing; I think Kensi does too:

I's amazingly accurate.....(though it doesn't take into account sub-types nor extra/intratim)....
Old 11/06/2008, 02:44 AM
Omnomnom

Quote:
They should make a socionics video game where each type has different strengths and weaknesses (PoLR), and they all battle for supremacy...you could have subtype matches/quadrant championships, etc.
Oh, wow. Stand away from the Ep and Ej types.
Old 11/06/2008, 02:44 AM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
I's amazingly accurate.....(though it doesn't take into account sub-types)....
Very true...

u!

Quote: