Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 05/06/2008, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntjWurm View Post
If anything you still need to take my inference poll (especially after having been trained to write mathematical proofs, an activity that I loathe and often find irrationally founded). You have been avoiding it the way you've avoided the inference of the empirical validity of Reinin dichotomies.
INTjs will do that a lot (the whole avoiding thing; their just trying to factor in where all of this sits---they're not so direct. They get tied down in some possibility----NeSi--- Neither Ne nor Si can be found in the direct environment but only in the Alpha open-ended blueprint of life)

INTps however are direct (it's a gamma thing NiSe ---change brings about direct senses of the situation which(Se) can accomodate those changes noticed, with intellectual Ni surfing the underlying waters of th esituation)

....which reminds me i gotta go get a signature just so i don't offend some of the Soc. Empiricists here with my scattered reference to mbti comcepts.
Old 05/06/2008, 06:00 AM

Unhappy Don't Tell RSV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
INTjs will do that a lot (the whole avoiding thing; their just trying to factor in where all of this sits---they're not so direct. They get tied down in some possibility----NeSi--- Neither Ne nor Si can be found in the direct environment but only in the Alpha open-ended blueprint of life)

INTps however are direct (it's a gamma thing NiSe ---change brings about direct senses of the situation which(Se) can accomodate those changes noticed, with intellectual Ni surfing the underlying waters of th esituation)

....which reminds me i gotta go get a signature just so i don't offend some of the Soc. Empiricists here with my scattered reference to mbti comcepts.
Well I think INTpwurm sounds dumb...it's not even a pun anymore...
Old 05/06/2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:

Also, INTps always want to see the empirical backing for everything where as INTjs don't need a lot of facts and prefer to go purely on theory (however contradictory the theory is to the empirical data). To INTjs as long as their theory is internally logically consistent, the empirical data is secondary.

Furthermore, INTps don't want things to have definite conclusions, they want endless possibilites, no closure, continued expansion, (which is why I gave you the finite v. infinite question which you answered as an INTp would). INTjs want things structured, to find the end to to things, find the boundaries and limits of things; INTjs don't want to be constantly examining an endless stream of possibilites.

Quote:
But come on, the initial pun did have some humor in it.
Alpha NT humor.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).

Last edited by RSV3; 05/06/2008 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05/06/2008, 06:05 AM

Unhappy Uh-oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Also, INTps always want to see the empirical backing for everything where as INTjs don't need a lot of facts and prefer to go purely on theory (however contradictory the theory is to the empirical data). To INTjs as long as their theory is internally logically consistent, the empirical data is secondary.

Furthermore, INTps don't want things to have definite conclusions, they want endless possibilites, no closure, continued expansion, (which is why I gave you the finite v. infinite question which you answered as an INTp would). INTjs want things structured, to find the end to to things, find the boundaries and limits of things; INTjs don't want to be constantly examining an endless stream of possibilites.

But come on, the initial pun did have some humor in it

Then I guess you're right; the socionics tests I took weren't this detailed, and I was originally using my MBTT results which are very nearly 100% INTJ.
Old 05/06/2008, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Do you feel more introverted or extroverted? Like, I know I'm an introvert...maybe the biggest...
Honestly, with feelers its hard to tell cause they only get involved if they're interested.
Another factor too i think is quadra environment, If the environment favours your quadra, you'll get involved in a big way, if it don't you don't.

So i tkink you have to analyze the feelers differently than the thinkers.

I've noticed that around an ISFp personality, i'm very much extraverted, same goes for being around what i'd consider an ISFj and an INFj personality.
Old 05/06/2008, 06:09 AM

Post .

Quote:
Honestly, with feelers its hard to tell cause they only get involved if they're interested.
Another factor too i think is quadra environment, If the environment favours your quadra, you'll get involved in a big way, if it don't you don't.

So i tkink you have to analyze the feelers differently than the thinkers.

I've noticed that around an ISFp personality, i'm very much extraverted, same goes for being around what i'd consider an ISFj and an INFj personality.
If you are extroverted relative to a generic INFj then I think it might be unlikely that you are one.
Old 05/06/2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Especially if somebody tells u 2 change it
JUST DONT USE A SMALL j AND YOU WILL BE FINE.

INTJWurm will do
or NiTeWurm as well
Old 05/06/2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Especially if somebody tells u 2 change it
JUST DONT USE A SMALL j AND YOU WILL BE FINE.

INTJWurm will do
or NiTeWurm as well
Cyclops will probably accuse me of advocating MBTT. NiTeWurm - I like that.
Old 05/06/2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
If you are extroverted relative to a generic INFj then I think it might be unlikely that you are one.
What the heck! are 3 post-sec math guys....errr 2 1/2, or 2 1/4 doing talkin about socionics, that's weird.

Quote:
just use one of these.. with there name

Quote:
Socionics is better for adressing both intertype and duality...so far

Last edited by kensi; 05/06/2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05/06/2008, 06:52 AM

Thumbs up Summary

Quote:
What the heck! are 3 post-sec math guys....errr 2 1/2, or 2 1/4 doing talkin about socionics, that's weird.

just use one of these.. with there name

Socionics is better for adressing both intertype and duality...so far
I'm not partial to content, I like the act of reasoning in general; I also think socionics has a valid foundation, even if I cannot tear it to even smaller shreds when I feel like it. I guess I have some pretty distinct INTp characteristics:

INTps are good at noticing contradictions in theories or opinions and can focus others attention to this (I think you might already be convinced of this, and it's stated at the end of my profile); Through observation and their own experiences INTps can create a precise model of others behaviour allowing INTps to predict peoples next moves (like the use of group theory to formulate the interaction of Reinin dichotomies); When asking someone for something, they usually do it in such a way as to rarely be denied (I notice this everytime I need something); INTps usually work slowly, paying a lot of attention to detail (yeah but I do a hell of a good job, sometimes my bosses yell at me for this though).

I also have the typical OCD - For example, they may wash their hands more often than others do...INTps may check that all home appliances are off many times before leaving.

However I also have some distinctly INTj qualities:

INTjs always give others a chance to say what they need to say. They consider that everyone has got talents and they try at least not to interfere.

Quote:
It is also my nature to share information and allow you to draw your own conclusions because I do not want to influence your thought and stifle your own creative process. However I also theorize constantly, visible in the forums from the source of my inability to sense the environment when I wake up to the possible preference of sense-oriented information metabolism such as VI in 'S' types.
INTjs are not very demanding. They are often indifferent to food and its presentation. It can be simple but must be fresh. When involved in something interesting they can completely forget that they need to eat. In everyday matters INTjs are modest and are happy to have a minimum degree of comfort (this is very much me).

On the whole I think that you were right to type me as INTp, and you were both pretty quick to spot it too, so thanks (and just pretend the j is capitalized)...
Old 05/06/2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
I'm not partial to content, I like the act of reasoning in general; I also think socionics has a valid foundation, even if I cannot tear it to even smaller shreds when I feel like it. I guess I have some pretty distinct INTp characteristics:

INTps are good at noticing contradictions in theories or opinions and can focus others attention to this (I think you might already be convinced of this, and it's stated at the end of my profile); Through observation and their own experiences INTps can create a precise model of others behaviour allowing INTps to predict peoples next moves (like the use of group theory to formulate the interaction of Reinin dichotomies); When asking someone for something, they usually do it in such a way as to rarely be denied (I notice this everytime I need something); INTps usually work slowly, paying a lot of attention to detail (yeah but I do a hell of a good job, sometimes my bosses yell at me for this though).

I also have the typical OCD - For example, they may wash their hands more often than others do...INTps may check that all home appliances are off many times before leaving.

INTjs always give others a chance to say what they need to say. They consider that everyone has got talents and they try at least not to interfere.

INTjs are not very demanding. They are often indifferent to food and its presentation. It can be simple but must be fresh. When involved in something interesting they can completely forget that they need to eat. In everyday matters INTjs are modest and are happy to have a minimum degree of comfort (this is very much me).

On the whole I think that you were right to type me as INTp, and you were both pretty quick to spot it too, so thanks (and just pretend the j is capitalized)...
No problem So are you really going to change your name or leave it?

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 05/06/2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
No problem So are you really going to change your name or leave it?
can you change it?
Old 05/06/2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
can you change it?
Looks like there's no way to change it unless you create an entirely new user.

Old 05/06/2008, 07:20 AM

Question ?

well forget it then...I'm a senior member...maybe SG can change it to NiTeWurm or something
Old 05/06/2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
well forget it then...I'm a senior member...maybe SG can change it to NiTeWurm or something
Yeah, no harm in staying with your current name. Although it would only take you like a day to get up to Senior Member if you started a new profile (considering the rate you post at).

Old 05/06/2008, 07:35 AM

Question

Quote:
Yeah, no harm in staying with your current name. Although it would only take you like a day to get up to Senior Member if you started a new profile (considering the rate you post at).
true...I was thinking of dropping the type reference in case I was wrong again...

maybe something like shadowpuppet or pentaquark

I like EtErNaL NiTe too

Last edited by IntjWurm; 05/06/2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05/06/2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
true...I was thinking of dropping the type reference in case I was wrong again...

maybe something like shadowpuppet or pentaquark

I like EtErNaL NiTe too
who says you're wrong....you have to make sense of your intertype relations to know if you're right or wrong.
Old 05/06/2008, 08:29 AM

it looks like it's going to be shadowpuppet

Quote:
who says you're wrong....you have to make sense of your intertype relations to know if you're right or wrong.
When are you going to make a decision on your type Kensi?

Last edited by RSV3; 05/06/2008 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05/06/2008, 09:50 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:

Quote:
No problems.
Old 05/06/2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
it looks like it's going to be shadowpuppet

When are you going to make a decision on your type Kensi?
internally, i'm already decided.
externally, it's impossible for me to decide.

that is why we're having this thread