Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 01/06/2008, 10:05 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I'm taking this information in.

Does it bother you if people have poor timekeeping? Would you say your the sort of person who is early rather than late for appointments?

And importantly:

Would you get frustrated with someone who is a poor timekeeper? Would you prefer someone who gets agitated at indecision, always tries to be organised and who gets annoyed easily at people being late?
answers:
  • not really ,as long as we compromise from it , but maybeunless its a major deal going down
  • i'm always late (but i always seem to justify its ok/ there's a way out.
  • no, not if i like him/her, unless they are a pain in the arse.
  • not the guy who gets agitated at indecision, no
  • always tries to be organized, yes
  • gets annoyed etc , no

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Here's why I think your INFp Kensi. First, all your posts appear to have an underlying motivation: to understand things. Your posts seek answers to questions that you have, you articulate roughly conceived concepts but ask that others refine your ideas. What this tells me is that you have a Ti mobilizing function (or hidden agenda); you utilize your ego functions for the purpose of expanding your understanding. This was really the deciding factor for me in determining you were INFp instead of ENFj.

Second, it is undoubtedly clear (and I don't think anyone will argue this) that you are intuitive--you have an amazing ability to make judgments and assessments about relationships based on the past behavior you have observed; however sometimes you have trouble verbalizing these assessments that you see so clearly in your mind.

Third, in your quest for understanding, you have difficulty acquiring on your own the raw information needed for the answers you seek. You know the end goal that you are seeking but you need help acquiring and analyzing the raw information. What this tells me is that Te is probably your PoLR. When you ask for help in acquiring and analyzing the info you need and none is given you use Fe to express your disappointment and frustration.

And fourth, you initiate contact with new people you meet through the use of positive statements to build rapport with the person. This demonstrates Fe. Furthermore, you use Fe by being aggressively playful (or playfully aggressive) in an attempt to liven things up and get people discussing/involved in what you care about. Finally, you easily mix more serious statements with lighthearted ones and attempt to take the edge off things with a certain amount of humor. I think all these things indicate Fe.

Fifth, we discussed previously whether I was your supervisor or beneficiary and I think our interactions are non-competitive which indicates more of a beneficiary/benefactor relationship.
man, your good ! did you ever consider a career at this?

I don't think i'll be doubting that you're a TiNe (internally objectively dominant with the possibilities available)

Lets see now what cyclops says. I hope he doesn't use this as a basis for his own understanding.

But why don't i then get along with those i consider ESTps? (this should be the most fave relationship)

Last edited by kensi; 01/06/2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01/06/2008, 10:46 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Well, I think first of all that you should forget about MBTI when discussing socionics, because the functions, although having the same name, mean two different things in the two systems.

In regards to what I am doing, I am attempting to draw you out more to obtain more information from you. I'm trying to keep my questions vague - because - from experience, when someone is confused about socionics etc, then they try to attach incorrect meanings to things if asked too directly.

However ..

From some of the questions I have asked you, you do seem to indicate that you could be INFp. But to be honest you seem far too confronational to be so. Most INFp's I have known, they know how to get on with everyone. This is due to their Ni openened possibilities being filtered through to their Fe.

One thing that I am sure of is that you have weak Te, because you get flustered when asked to provide factual information and you do not seem to be able to tie the factual information together. When I present my facual information you either react defensively or you switch off. This shows that it is definitely a vulnerable point for you. You are Ti seeking because although you attempt to display things from a structural, system 'bricks and mortar' type approach, it is clear you reguire assistance in this, and you like people to provide Ti to support your Ti seeking.

Take however users RSV3P, Vibration who all use Ti. You enjoy absorbing the information and I think it even gives you a kick reading their posts.

I am sure of Fe ego. When you get defensive you respond by 'attacking' the person on an outwardly emotional level..you try to make them look bad rather than try to counter their arguments - ie you think it is more important that people behave 'positively' and you seperate this from negativity.

In regards to your type then, this leaves INFp and ENFj. Although the answers you gave me actually indicate INFp more-even the vagueness of your answers is suggestive of dominant Ni to me-it's almost like your not sure of the answers yourself, which can make you seem non committal maybe hiding something, I do somehow 'sense' that ENFj is more like you in your actions.

So..we have a slight issue..I honestly think you could be a third type. ESFj Why? Because your interests and how you approach things don't sound like a Gulenko temperament of NF, you seem more SF in the things you like.

Also, ESFj's can be interested in status because it's like a social Fe thing in a way - how others perceive you.

I seriously think you could be INFp, ENFj and ESFj should be given serious consideration.

Last edited by Cyclops; 01/06/2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: A type typo
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01/06/2008, 11:28 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

When you first mentioned it Cyclops, I thought that maybe you were right in that Kensi may be an ESFj. However, having dated more than one ESFj, I think the there are some indications that Kensi is not an ESFj. Take this statement made by Kensi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
I will say that i am not terribly involved in the conversations at social dinners....and tend to just grin or laugh at something funny, unless of course something really interests me. Also i don't tend to have much patience for small trivial matters.
Now granted, some ESFjs at a dinner party, if they feel they cannot contribute anything meaningful to the conversation will instead just smile warmly and emit positive vibes (at least that's how they feel to me as an INTj ). But SFs love to socialize and what makes me doubt that Kensi is an ESFj is the fact that he said his ex "forced" him to go to these dinner parties. Most ESFjs would look forward to such a social gathering and would enjoy going.

Furthermore, Kensi says he doesn't have much patience for small trivial matters. From my experience with ESEs, I really appreciate how they handle and take care of the so called small trivial matters so that I don't have to worry about them. In essence, Kensi hasn't really displayed much Si to me, especially when I compare him to the ESEs that I know.

But I'll agree with you that I still think INFp is the most probable type for Kensi, that ENFj is another likely possibility.
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01/06/2008, 11:52 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
When you first mentioned it Cyclops, I thought that maybe you were right in that Kensi may be an ESFj. However, having dated more than one ESFj, I think the there are some indications that Kensi is not an ESFj. Take this statement made by Kensi:



Now granted, some ESFjs at a dinner party, if they feel they cannot contribute anything meaningful to the conversation will instead just smile warmly and emit positive vibes (at least that's how they feel to me as an INTj ). But SFs love to socialize and what makes me doubt that Kensi is an ESFj is the fact that he said his ex "forced" him to go to these dinner parties. Most ESFjs would look forward to such a social gathering and would enjoy going.

Furthermore, Kensi says he doesn't have much patience for small trivial matters. From my experience with ESEs, I really appreciate how they handle and take care of the so called small trivial matters so that I don't have to worry about them. In essence, Kensi hasn't really displayed much Si to me, especially when I compare him to the ESEs that I know.
These are good points, when you put it like that then I think we can bin ESFj idea.
Quote:
But I'll agree with you that I still think INFp is the most probable type for Kensi, that ENFj is another likely possibility.
I'm thinking about my interactions with INFp's and ENFj's, and how this relates to internet interactions. I've found that I get on quite well with INFp's in both environs, and that problems occur only when we start working closely together..which I suspect is often due to PoLR interaction.

With ENFj's, I tend to find the relationship rocky, but eventually we manage to find a way to relate on a very superficial level.. I tend to find myself thinking about them 'how can someone think like that ' (I wonder RSV3P, how do you find interactions with ESFp's, is it similar or different?)

So with that in mind, I wonder also how kensi feels about how we interact, how he relates socionic ISTp's and ESTj's (hey-he's already said he doesn't get on well with his ESTj father, perhaps if he elaborated it could indicate wether it is super ego or conflictor?) If intertype relations are anything to go by, it could help narrow down on this one, so that we can be certain he's got the right type.

Perhaps we should delve further into his temperament reference, and also how he processes-is it Ni feeding Fe or vica versa? Have you seen much Ne from him?

Edit: I am tempted to say INFp over ENFj somehow, but I figure we may as well get it right rather than leave still somewhat in balance.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01/06/2008, 12:17 PM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
These are good points, when you put it like that then I think we can bin ESFj idea.

I'm thinking about my interactions with INFp's and ENFj's, and how this relates to internet interactions. I've found that I get on quite well with INFp's in both environs, and that problems occur only when we start working closely together..which I suspect is often due to PoLR interaction.

With ENFj's, I tend to find the relationship rocky, but eventually we manage to find a way to relate on a very superficial level.. I tend to find myself thinking about them 'how can someone think like that ' (I wonder RSV3P, how do you find interactions with ESFp's, is it similar or different?)

So with that in mind, I wonder also how kensi feels about how we interact, how he relates socionic ISTp's and ESTj's (hey-he's already said he doesn't get on well with his ESTj father, perhaps if he elaborated it could indicate wether it is super ego or conflictor?) If intertype relations are anything to go by, it could help narrow down on this one, so that we can be certain he's got the right type.

Perhaps we should delve further into his temperament reference, and also how he processes-is it Ni feeding Fe or vica versa? Have you seen much Ne from him?

Edit: I am tempted to say INFp over ENFj somehow, but I figure we may as well get it right rather than leave still somewhat in balance.
Female ESFps are good for about one night, and after that I can't stand them. Maybe if they didn't talk at all things would be better between us.

I have noticed some Ne from Kensi. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out whether he had an IP or EJ temperament. I gave up trying to analyze temperament from a reinin dichotomy perspective and just determined it was more likely that he had an IP temperament based on a hidden agenda of seeking to understand (Ti seeking as his mobilizing function) rather than seeking to become wealthy (Se). Good question about the information processing order.
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01/06/2008, 03:50 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

@kensi, could you examine this and then confirm if you identify with the j or with the p?

http://www.socionics.com/articles/phenomenon.html
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01/06/2008, 09:14 PM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
@kensi, could you examine this and then confirm if you identify with the j or with the p?

http://www.socionics.com/articles/phenomenon.html
i did. thx.

ALL p's are irrational in the sense that they only use judgments as reference points for whatever web of reasoning they're working with.

ALL j's are rational cause they dont care about perceptions cause they are nothing more than suggestions. The judgments themselves hold the weight of the matter.
I would have to say without a doubt that i'm irrational..... i'm a P. that is my dominant world is a p. To me this is the easiest dichtonomy on which to lean this way or that.

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01/06/2008, 10:32 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
i did. thx.

ALL p's are irrational in the sense that they only use judgments as reference points for whatever web of reasoning they're working with.

ALL j's are rational cause they dont care about perceptions cause they are nothing more than suggestions. The judgments themselves hold the weight of the matter.
It this an MBTT description?

I would be interested if you elaborated on this. For instance, what do you mean by using judgements as reference points and that perceptions are nothing more than suggestions? And how would you relate this to a persons actions?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01/06/2008, 10:39 PM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
It this an MBTT description?

I would be interested if you elaborated on this. For instance, what do you mean by using judgements as reference points and that perceptions are nothing more than suggestions? And how would you relate this to a persons actions?
No it refers to socionics-----i'm in agreement with the socionics descriptions on the websit describing rational and irrational behaviour thru p and j tendancies. (p and j here always refer to the dominant world be live in (for you it supposedly would be Si))
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01/06/2008, 10:44 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
No it refers to socionics-----i'm in agreement with the socionics descriptions on the websit describing rational and irrational behaviour thru p and j tendancies. (p and j here always refer to the dominant world be live in (for you it supposedly would be Si))
So did you come up with this description yourself or what socionic site is it on?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01/06/2008, 10:47 PM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
So did you come up with this description yourself or what socionic site is it on?
its obviously my own quick description.

but all you need to know is that i see myself as the irrational type, a "p".
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01/06/2008, 10:55 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
its obviously my own quick description.

but all you need to know is that i see myself as the irrational type, a "p".
I needed to know what your description meant. Because it does not make sense it then implies that you do not know what the j and the p mean.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01/06/2008, 11:01 PM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I needed to know what your description meant. Because it does not make sense it then implies that you do not know what the j and the p mean.
i'm a little lost....how should i had have said it?
...i thought it was ok.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01/06/2008, 11:12 PM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
i'm a little lost....how should i had have said it?
...i thought it was ok.
Well, you could have answered my questions, but then I know you don't like reading

I asked the questions because I tried to make sense of it and was only loosely able to came up with something more so subjective reasonings attaching...

Well, I would explain it to you in a Te way which you may not get So if I put in a 'textbook' version which is probably more Ti for you:

Rationality - a focus on actions & emotions

Irrationality - a focus on states of mind and body.


I think you focus more on actions & emotions.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01/06/2008, 11:22 PM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Well, you could have answered my questions, but then I know you don't like reading

I asked the questions because I tried to make sense of it and was only loosely able to came up with something more so subjective reasonings attaching...

Well, I would explain it to you in a Te way which you may not get So if I put in a 'textbook' version which is probably more Ti for you:

Rationality - a focus on actions & emotions

Irrationality - a focus on states of mind and body.

I think you focus more on actions & emotions.
keep going....................... i like what you're trying to do here.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02/06/2008, 08:06 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I'm taking this information in.
?
type both Chris Paul and David West and this should give you a big clue:

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.ph...nk&nbasite=nba
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02/06/2008, 08:24 AM
Cyclops Cyclops is offline
Gone on holiday...
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensi View Post
type both Chris Paul and David West and this should give you a big clue:

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.ph...nk&nbasite=nba
Typing two random people that you do not physically know will not yield any clues.

Despite what you write. I am convinced that you are ENFj. You are simply too disjointed in your thinking, your writing style, too aggressive and you do not listen enough to be an INFp.

In the thread about perfect partner when were unable to describe even a somewhat idealised perfect partner, it's obvious that an INFp would have done this easily (they are the romantic after all.)

Your references to people having to be positive is not an INFp thing. They can be far too introspective for that. It's a dominant Fe thing if anything.

The way you shot Prom down looked like an ENFj supervising an INTp.

And you seem like an ENFj to me.

I'm also not able to trust your answers because I know that you do not like reading (you said this) so your answers will often be skewed from the question (which I pick up on)

I think an ISTj would be good at that with you because they would tell you in no uncertain terms to listen to what he or she was saying. And coming from the way ISTj's act, I think you would be actually take this positively.

Infact I am pretty much sure you are ENFj and that is for now my final diagnosis on your type.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02/06/2008, 08:39 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

What do you think you are Kensi?
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02/06/2008, 08:54 AM
kensi's Avatar
kensi kensi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
What do you think you are Kensi?
here's even a better one .....type David West:


http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.ph...nk&nbasite=nba

and you will get the answer to my type.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02/06/2008, 09:04 AM
RSV3's Avatar
RSV3 RSV3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 550
Default

I'll go with INFp for Kensi as my final decision

Either way, you're part of beta now!
__________________
Sociotype.com

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).

Last edited by RSV3; 02/06/2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM