Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 25/09/2006, 10:33 AM

Default My take on ENFps

It is fascinating to see how human imagination could be unrestricted by logic. Just 2 names: film director Tim Burton and music composer Danny Elfman (the latter has got to be an ENFp...)
Old 25/09/2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: My take on ENFps

I worked with an ENFp. He had alot of very unusual ideas and impressions. one of my favorites was an idea for chewing gum called "trubble gum" the catch phrase was "chews 2 be rude" I still laugh just thinking about that. Mostly cause he drew a little picture of the gum in an addly fashion.

He also had this idea for making up an entire family and writing a history for each person. It started in what looked like the 1600's and ended in what looked like modern times. It was very funny and said alot about the human condition but the amount of generations (and wardrobes) did not correspond with real time. When I brought it to his attention he almost tore the entire thing up and seemed ashamed. But that was what made it so brilliant!
Old 25/09/2006, 09:05 PM

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean, but unfortunatelly the trouble starts when an ENFp begins to behave as a scientific mind.
Old 25/09/2006, 09:30 PM

Any anecdotes?
Old 25/09/2006, 09:36 PM

Quote:
It is fascinating to see how human imagination could be unrestricted by logic. Just 2 names: film director Tim Burton and music composer Danny Elfman (the latter has got to be an ENFp...)
I love them both, espcially Danny Elfman who used to be in the new wave band Oingo Boingo.
Old 25/09/2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean, but unfortunatelly the trouble starts when an ENFp begins to behave as a scientific mind.
I work with scientist and I have to agree to some extent. In uncovering possiblitys and new ideas we are good but dont let us do any precise calculations. Give us general concepts and we can run wild but its good to have thinking or sensing around to bring it back to reality.
Old 27/10/2006, 10:43 PM

Danny Elfman

http://rapidshare.com/files/934196/0...ame_cbr_ex.mp3
Old 28/10/2006, 11:18 PM

As an ENFP I get frustrated with myself when I realize how worthless innovation and originality is.
Old 29/10/2006, 12:33 AM

But how could you find originality worthless? Are you so focused on the concrete worth of something that you'd cast it aside, even if you enjoyed it? Which I suppose is the point of my reply. Do you enjoy being original? Even if you find it worthless?
Old 03/11/2006, 06:39 PM
Invisible Kid

I've got a feeling that Scott Ian from Anthrax is an ENFP too, the angry one.

Old 09/11/2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
This does not take us to pictures of Danny Elfman.
try this:http://elfman.filmmusic.com/
cooool
Old 16/11/2006, 03:57 PM

i hate to say this, but i think most auxiliary F types dont perform work very well. my old family doctor for instance is INFP, and often underdiagnosed my situations. the only thing that he was good at i can think of was consoling me by telling me everything will be okay, much like any infp would do . i would often end up sick again, or have to find another doctor who could treat me "professionally".

i am really grateful for this socionics website, because with the visual identifications i can now identify the different people and the different uses they have. it is so accurate i can identify a type by mere 10 minutes of interaction with them.
Old 16/11/2006, 04:13 PM
Invisible Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehe View Post
i hate to say this, but i think most auxiliary F types dont perform work very well. my old family doctor for instance is INFP, and often underdiagnosed my situations. the only thing that he was good at i can think of was consoling me by telling me everything will be okay, much like any infp would do . i would often end up sick again, or have to find another doctor who could treat me "professionally".

i am really grateful for this socionics website, because with the visual identifications i can now identify the different people and the different uses they have. it is so accurate i can identify a type by mere 10 minutes of interaction with them.
You don't need a doctor, look after yourself and you won't need one ever.
Old 24/12/2006, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
I have been patiently waiting for the ENFp uncovered...
Old 01/01/2007, 09:21 PM

The ENFp uncovered.

He comes to class half and hour late just because he saw something interesting in he's way. Then he starts he's lecture, but ends up talking about something totally not related to the topic. Just because he found it to be interesting. And in the end he still doesn't talk on the matter, but want's to give some psychological advice. And ends it all with a great joke, like all the ENFps , he too has a great sence of humor.
Old 01/07/2007, 05:17 AM

Default ENFP - uncovering herself.

How true, love it! More, more!

That may be true of lecturers as they have more leeway, but I'm an ENFP teacher and in school I was very focused because I wanted to make sure I got all my points across. If other ENFPS are like me then they are great at being focused when it involves other people's problems. I often help people with CVs and job applications and I'm more focused on it than they are. I'm also a very focused proofreader and editor. (Yes, in true ENFP style I've had lots of jobs.)

As students we sit at the front of the lecture theatre and ask lots of questions. Even if we're late we walk in like we own the place or as my tutor said, 'Like some great actress making her entrance and we should all stand up and applaud.' We talk, my god we talk! We use mind maps instead of linear notes and make great use of colour coding.

Because 'the possibilities are endless' we are thorough researchers, but we don't know when to stop. We have very little sense of time and a poor memory for mundane factual things. We're good at connecting with people and damn sexy of course.
Old 02/07/2007, 06:53 PM
One hot piece of INTj ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Gefen View Post
As an ENFP I get frustrated with myself when I realize how worthless innovation and originality is.
That happens to all the ENFps I know. They strive for a unique experience only to realize that there aren't any...then they get in a rut and isolate a little. They are also have the tendency to feel like they are not being 'true to themselves' when encumbered by (even subtle) societal perceptions.
Old 02/07/2007, 07:06 PM
One hot piece of INTj ass

I love talking to ENFps. However, my fiance (ENFJ) cannot stand them. He finds them manipulative and flighty. I think they may use the same manipulation techniques that he does so he can identify them more accurately. I never see it. And if I do see them manipulating the facts it always is connected with dodging personal accountability or more accurately a tool to manipulate the view of the world for their own selves. They like to believe their own lies, which I see more as 'spin' and benign. Of the ENFps I know, all are a little manipulative with money. They misrepresent their situation and might even steal. I don't hate a lot of people, but one (of three) individuals on my hate list is an ENFp gone bad. Once they 'go bad' there is not reeling them in. And they can justify like no other.

But all in all they make great dinner guests!