Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 24/01/2009, 11:44 PM

Thumbs up Can a INTx and a ESFx coexist?

If one partner is more INTp and the other partner is more ESFj (conflicting relations), but both have the capacity to go INTj or ESFp, is it possible for these partners to alter their personality when around each other (to form duality) and then revert back to their preferred orientation?

I'm curious because I can withstand my ESFj former girlfriend, but only when there is no drama and communication is open and honest. I'm much more INTp oriented and don't mind being around her when there is not any conflict about what I'm doing or where I'm going for every waking minute I spend. This a lost cause or worth some more thought?
Old 25/01/2009, 12:36 AM
House Robot

You can't change your type. Especially not from one natural (biological) temperament (IP) to another (IJ).
Old 25/01/2009, 10:16 PM

There is such a fine line between conflicting and duality... It is like the horse and the carrot. I'm convinced there is a way, but always fall into the same reverting traps and chase after a false reality.
Old 26/01/2009, 01:50 AM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by heady View Post
There is such a fine line between conflicting and duality... It is like the horse and the carrot. I'm convinced there is a way, but always fall into the same reverting traps and chase after a false reality.
I am pretty convinced that there is no way. I personally find the line between conflicting and duality partners clear and distinct in my real life meetings with ESFjs and ESFps.
Old 26/01/2009, 06:29 PM
Omnomnom

I agree with Prom. It sounds to me like you have not looked at the functional makeup of the types. The difference between ESE (ESFj) and SEE (ESFp), and also LII (INTj) and ILI (INTp) is more than a mere one letter; it is a complete reversal of functional preference (Ne/Si/Fe/Ti for Alpha, Ni/Se/Fi/Te for Gamma).

ESFj is FeSi with Ni as its weakest point; ESFp is SeFi with Ti as its weakest. INTj is TiNe with Se as its weakest point; and INTp is NiTe with Fe as its weakest. Therefore, to use your words, there is not a "fine line"; it is a total change of perception.
Old 27/01/2009, 12:35 AM
contra aka Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by heady View Post
If one partner is more INTp and the other partner is more ESFj (conflicting relations), but both have the capacity to go INTj or ESFp, is it possible for these partners to alter their personality when around each other (to form duality) and then revert back to their preferred orientation?
Such a thing has never been recorded in socionics. It's accepted as impossible.
Quote:
I'm curious because I can withstand my ESFj former girlfriend, but only when there is no drama and communication is open and honest. I'm much more INTp oriented and don't mind being around her when there is not any conflict about what I'm doing or where I'm going for every waking minute I spend. This a lost cause or worth some more thought?
Good relationships do not mess with your head. I say forget about this person and find someone who is more compatible.

Last edited by contra aka Cyclops; 27/01/2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 27/01/2009, 12:47 AM
Omnomnom

As an add-on to Contra's post, it sound like her Fe base (the drama and lack of "open, honest communication", which I believe is more Fi) is getting to you. As far as this conflict you speak of, do you mind giving some examples?