Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 26/09/2008, 05:58 PM
Gone on holiday...

Default Some random stuff about information elements

What's Si and Se? They are both perceiving elements. What do they do with the information? Nothing per se, they simply see the information-perceive it. It is the judging function that does something with the information.

This means that in an ego block, a SiTe (for instance) tries to make something defined out of something vague. Where as the mirror TeSi (using this example) attempts to make something vague out of something defined. The J type has judging elements at it's core, the P type has perceiving functions at it's core. I think this ties in with general observed actions, speech, even writing styles. For instance the ESTj has judging information to start with and expands on it to something more..vague, and the ISTp has something vague and proceeds through general actions, speech or writing style for instance, to make it more defined. Perhaps it can be more meandering. I think this general principle works across all the mirrors.

So Si and Se are both perceiving elements-they perceive information, basically just "see" it. What does Si perceive? It sees things around it, doesn't do anything with the information, it just sees it, it sees things simply as they are, it's just things as they are. Se on the other hand sees events. It sees things that are actually happening.

So what about Ne? Well, i'm not totally sure, but I think Ne sees things which aren't there-it sees things that could happen with apparently unconnected things, it sees possibilities in the environment, in things. Ni sees things which are there, but what could happen to them. It makes predictions on things it can actually see. Whereas Ne sees things which essentially aren't there (and I wonder if this could be an essense of part of imagination)

So.. With duality, what does this mean? Take for instance the ISTp with Ne as it's suggestive function. What this means, is that ISTp's basically often see things..take the approach as "what's for them wont go by them" So Si sees what is there..just the way things as they are. Ne sees the possibilities in things..things that could happen. So Ne perhaps provides the possibilities for what Si sees of what is there. And Si perhaps provides the information of what is there so that Ne can better see the hidden possibilities in apparently unconnected things of what is there.

With Se, it sees events. What Ni does is sees what's there, but what could happen to the things that are actually there. Therefore Ni can make predictions of what actually is there for the events that Se sees. And Se provides the events for Ni to make it's predictions on whats there.

I think i've heard it mentioned, that Ne sees what isn't there, and Ni sees what is there. I guess this ties in with this in a way.

I suppose in perfect duality, take for instance, the SiTe and the NeFi, the information is processed as an output by both creative functions which are also desired by both parties. This perhaps is why partial duality becomes more complicated the closer they get to each others thinking, because the Si/Ne is processed in a way that isn't mutually conducive..ie the producing functions are Te and Ti or Fe and Fi (in this example)

Another random thought..is that it's said that Si is the function of "comfort" or something. I'm not sure this is quite correct. Perhaps this is a by product, because less that is going on, the more things are perceived as how they are. Being in a room for instance that is comfortable and relaxing for instance, has less events..if you will, so more Si processing perhaps takes place.

There's more to this..i've got some thought's on how these "dual" seeking functions work out in relations of benefit, and the judgeing functions, but however at same time what I've wrote here.. this may well be null and void but I thought i'd post this if anything, for sake of it. At least some of it makes sense to me at the moment I think.
Old 26/09/2008, 06:59 PM
Omnomnom

Wow. That's quite fascinating.

I ran across this while browsing. Might it help? http://www.socioniko.net/en/articles/lytovs-intro3.html
Old 26/09/2008, 08:35 PM
Gone on holiday...

Cheers Kanerou, and thanks for the link, i'll have read through it cheers
Old 29/09/2008, 07:00 AM

This is pretty interesting.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).