Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 28/08/2009, 07:29 PM

Default IEI/SLE Duality - Does it really work?

Does this intertype relationship work in reality? I'm curious because when I look at the description of the ESTP/SLE, I don't think I would fit so well with someone who has those characteristics considering and I'm typed IEI.

So, does this work irl?
Old 28/08/2009, 08:30 PM
Omnomnom

*chuckles* I would say "don't knock it 'till you've tried it." And yes, it really does work. One person you might talk to would be redbaron, an IEI on the16types. In case she is curious, tell her Ryene Astraelis recommended that you talk to her.

Interacting with SLEs is a very good thing, too. If you find yourself consistently having trouble with them, it's time to start considering other types.
Old 28/08/2009, 09:01 PM

The question was general. I'm curious to hear anyone talk about their experiences in this intertype relationship, and how they made it work.

So, how does it work? Any takers?
Old 29/08/2009, 02:32 AM
The WILDCARD!

Like any other intertype relationship, the weaknesses of each individual are the strength of the other in a way that isn't abrasive to either person.

Besides, type descriptions =//= people and it's hard to get an idea of what a person would be like from the type descriptions, atleast for me but *shrugs*
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 29/08/2009, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
Like any other intertype relationship, the weaknesses of each individual are the strength of the other in a way that isn't abrasive to either person.

Besides, type descriptions =//= people and it's hard to get an idea of what a person would be like from the type descriptions, atleast for me but *shrugs*
A person is clearly more than their type which is why I asked the question. My interest was in finding out how this intertype relationship was handled by those who've had some experience with it, so that those (such as myself) who've never experienced it can get a better understanding of how it really works irl relationships.
Old 29/08/2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals View Post
Does this intertype relationship work in reality? I'm curious because when I look at the description of the ESTP/SLE, I don't think I would fit so well with someone who has those characteristics considering and I'm typed IEI.

So, does this work irl?
I've known SLEs irl and I've never seen one in a long term relationship with an IEI. Wait, I've never seen them in a long term relationship period. In all seriousness though, SLE-IEI works in theory and thus should work irl as well. But if you're an IEI and don't want to try dating an SLE, try dating an LII.

Increased expression of one function (1) suppresses the opposing intradichotomy function and (2) suppresses the opposing intrablock function (and vise versa).
Old 29/08/2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
I've known SLEs irl and I've never seen one in a long term relationship with an IEI. Wait, I've never seen them in a long term relationship period. In all seriousness though, SLE-IEI works in theory and thus should work irl as well. But if you're an IEI and don't want to try dating an SLE, try dating an LII.
No interest in dating, just a general curiosity in intertype personality relations and whether or not they work in reality.
Old 30/08/2009, 07:59 AM
The WILDCARD!

Quote:
A person is clearly more than their type which is why I asked the question. My interest was in finding out how this intertype relationship was handled by those who've had some experience with it, so that those (such as myself) who've never experienced it can get a better understanding of how it really works irl relationships.
Right, well long story short IEI/SLE duality is kinda doomed from the get go since all SLEs suck. no exceptions. :S
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 30/08/2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Right, well long story short IEI/SLE duality is kinda doomed from the get go since all SLEs suck. no exceptions. :S
Why do they suck?
Old 30/08/2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Why do they suck?
They don't!!! http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1305
Old 30/08/2009, 07:37 PM

Default So what's my type?

Some of the reasons you give for ESTPs being great, really depend on the needs, wants, and personal preferences of the individual or their partner. I'm not much for external encouragement and recognition, so that positivity wouldn't work for me, although my quiet and seemingly pure and naive nature often seems to suggest otherwise. I dislike overly expressive people. I feel like I'm drowning when I'm around them. And if you are going to be charming with everyone, forget it. Rightly or wrongly, it wreaks of pretense. I'm internally driven and motivated so when someone tries to hard to include me or relate to me, it appears forced and fake, and leads to my being more self conscious. It forces me to behave in a more social way whose purpose is to make you feel more comfortable with me, instead of your intended goal which is to make me feel more comfortable and acceptable socially. If I didn't ask for the attention, don't give it. It's great that ESTPs are not cliquish though. I'm not fond of people who are too charming - always question motives. I especially hate it when the Es among us believe it is their duty to bring the Is out of their shells or cocoons (either metaphor works), so they think it's necessary to pay particular attention to us in a social or public setting just to make us feel more included. If I have something to say or contribute, I will. Don't want or need the encouragement, attention or pity either. It's insulting to say the least. Don't need the overdone compliments either. It's patronizing. (I know, it's like a theme with me : ) I like listening but if all you're interested in is stating your opinions (without considering other possibilities) and that by listening to me you're just doing me a huge favor, no thanks. I'll pass. Stay away if you're all about absolute or extremist personal judgements of people or situations. Just don't dismiss my strongly held personal values or beliefs or think me dumb for holding on to them. If you're one of those people who think that what someone says is not important unless they are aggressive, "assertive" or opinionated, then stay away. And last but not least, if you're going to be dismissive and act like a jerk one minute, but joke around the next as if it never happened, clearly not going to work. Don't expect me to be what you want me to be just because you're uncomfortable with it. Ty. ; )

One of the few times, I've ever been this honest. I wish I could be this direct irl. But you can't always get what you want.

Here's a challenge - What do you think is my type based on this self description?

Last edited by Elevate; 30/08/2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30/08/2009, 07:42 PM
Gone on holiday...

Sandals, I don't see myself as the best typist in the world by any stretch! But as you are asking the question, I wonder if EII could be a good type for you. I've thought that you elaborated on something before which sounded Fi, can't remember what it was atm. Anyway, hope some other people can provide you with better insight, maybe even the Beta's on the forum like SLE JWC and the INFp INFP.
Old 30/08/2009, 07:57 PM

g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Sandals, I don't see myself as the best typist in the world by any stretch! But as you are asking the question, I wonder if EII could be a good type for you. I've thought that you elaborated on something before which sounded Fi, can't remember what it was atm. Anyway, hope some other people can provide you with better insight, maybe even the Beta's on the forum like SLE JWC and the INFp INFP.
EII sounds feasible. To be honest, I'm just asking to see if anyone will type me differently than what I've been typed in the past. It's interesting. I'm not taking it too seriously. Like many here, I don't want to be confined by a particular type, but it would be interesting to see what people think.

Just to add:

People often take me way too seriously. They think I don't get or pick up on things. Or they think I have no sense of humor or get their jokes because I don't laugh at them. I get it, it's just that I just don't care for it. I'm just as judgmental as the next person, I just hide it a little better than most or maybe I don't.

Last edited by Elevate; 30/08/2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30/08/2009, 08:25 PM

I dislike overly expressive people. I feel like I'm drowning when I'm around them.
I can be quite awkward when it comes to public displays of affection and social customs... do I hug you?? Shake your hand??? Give you a high five??? Many times I have done one of those awful combo greetings ...you know go to shake hands then decide midway that a hug is more appropriate (never works out in the end). Funnily one ESTp I know has exactly the same problem (we both have no idea what to do when we meet each other). I don't think of ESTps as overly expressive, one I know is very analytical and another is quite demanding. I see Fe leading types as being overly expressive.

And if you are going to be charming with everyone, forget it. Rightly or wrongly, it wreaks of pretense.
I'm a sucker for charm (even though I know you're trying to get me to do something). At least you are making me feel good while I bend to your every desire...right? lol

I'm internally driven and motivated so when someone tries to hard to include me or relate to me, it appears forced and fake, and leads to my being more self conscious.
With ESTp's I find that I can just be myself. If I want I can stay quiet around them. I don't feel as if I need to speak or change my behaviour. Actually when ESTp is around it's one of the few times I feel like this. I don't feel like the ESTp's try to relate to me it's more like they just get me naturally.

If I didn't ask for the attention, don't give it. It's great that ESTPs are not cliquish though.
Yeah agreed I love this quality

I'm not fond of people who are too charming - always question motives.
General rule with 2 ESTp's I know is when they talk to me they want something. I can see right through them but they always manage to get on my good side.

I especially hate it when the Es among us believe it is their duty to bring the Is out of their shells or cocoons (either metaphor works), so they think it's necessary to pay particular attention to us in a social or public setting just to make us feel more included.
lol I hate this too. An E at work kept saying I had to learn to be more E. I felt like screaming why don't all you E's go on a training course to learn how to be more I!!!

Here's a challenge - What do you think is my type based on this self description?

Are you INFj?? Based on the below... don't give my opinion much worth on this I'm still learning socionics...

Stay away if you're all about absolute or extremist personal judgements of people or situations. Just don't dismiss my strongly held personal values or beliefs or think me dumb for holding on to them.

[/quote]
Old 30/08/2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFP View Post
I dislike overly expressive people. I feel like I'm drowning when I'm around them.
I can be quite awkward when it comes to public displays of affection and social customs... do I hug you?? Shake your hand??? Give you a high five??? Many times I have done one of those awful combo greetings ...you know go to shake hands then decide midway that a hug is more appropriate (never works out in the end). Funnily one ESTp I know has exactly the same problem (we both have no idea what to do when we meet each other). I don't think of ESTps as overly expressive, one I know is very analytical and another is quite demanding. I see Fe leading types as being overly expressive.

And if you are going to be charming with everyone, forget it. Rightly or wrongly, it wreaks of pretense.
I'm a sucker for charm (even though I know you're trying to get me to do something). At least you are making me feel good while I bend to your every desire...right? lol

I'm internally driven and motivated so when someone tries to hard to include me or relate to me, it appears forced and fake, and leads to my being more self conscious.
With ESTp's I find that I can just be myself. If I want I can stay quiet around them. I don't feel as if I need to speak or change my behaviour. Actually when ESTp is around it's one of the few times I feel like this. I don't feel like the ESTp's try to relate to me it's more like they just get me naturally.

If I didn't ask for the attention, don't give it. It's great that ESTPs are not cliquish though.
Yeah agreed I love this quality

I'm not fond of people who are too charming - always question motives.
General rule with 2 ESTp's I know is when they talk to me they want something. I can see right through them but they always manage to get on my good side.

I especially hate it when the Es among us believe it is their duty to bring the Is out of their shells or cocoons (either metaphor works), so they think it's necessary to pay particular attention to us in a social or public setting just to make us feel more included.
lol I hate this too. An E at work kept saying I had to learn to be more E. I felt like screaming why don't all you E's go on a training course to learn how to be more I!!!

Are you INFj?? Based on the below... don't give my opinion much worth on this I'm still learning socionics...

Stay away if you're all about absolute or extremist personal judgements of people or situations. Just don't dismiss my strongly held personal values or beliefs or think me dumb for holding on to them.
[/quote]

Hmm. You've made me rethink some things . . .

Last edited by Elevate; 30/08/2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 30/08/2009, 11:07 PM

I think a few of my statements may've been a bit harsh in one of my recent posts. It was just a relief to be honest and direct for a change. Sorry if I offended anyone. : )
Old 30/08/2009, 11:34 PM
Gone on holiday...

You didn't. Nothing to worry about in my book.
Old 31/08/2009, 06:55 AM
The WILDCARD!

Quote:
I think a few of my statements may've been a bit harsh in one of my recent posts. It was just a relief to be honest and direct for a change. Sorry if I offended anyone. : )
I'm so hurt... Srsly, not cool. *Bad poster speech*
"IT'S ALL DAY!"
Old 31/08/2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I'm so hurt... Srsly, not cool. *Bad poster speech*
So bad.