Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 26/08/2009, 09:11 PM

Question Talk about intuition . . .

With all the talk of intuition, how much of what see is really projection instead of insightful perception?

How often is misinformed, biased personal judgment confused with intuition?

Basing judgments on our intuition/perceiving can be very tricky and misleading. It's quite easy to think we have someone figured out because we trust our "intuition" rather than knowing and then judging accordingly.

It seems too easy to project personal beliefs or feelings on someone than to see who they are. So, how do you separate true unbiased intuition from falsely perceived seemingly intuitive knowledge?

I may not like someone and may not know why I dislike them. There are so many possibilities. Maybe I just can't click with them so I write them off immediately. Maybe they seem to represent every value I oppose so I confuse dislike for them with dislike for their values. Maybe I know someone who seems to be a good judgment of character, so my "intuition" tells me that if this friend thinks the person is no good, then I should take their word for it. Or maybe I am not familiar or used to a particular person or lifestyle so I assume negative qualities or characteristics on their part. Maybe I've had not so great experiences with people or particular types of people, so I immediately write someone off who seems to have similar qualities I've had difficulties with. And the list goes on . . .

Is it really that easy to identify true intuition (sense knowledge of things without prior evidence) from projected feeling? How . . .?
Old 26/08/2009, 09:45 PM
Omnomnom

I have no doubt that such is possible.

I do wonder: are you talking about Socionic intuition or the more common definition? More importantly, do you think that they are the same thing?
Old 26/08/2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
I have no doubt that such is possible.

I do wonder: are you talking about Socionic intuition or the more common definition? More importantly, do you think that they are the same thing?
You're right, I think I maybe confusing the two. I'm referring to the common definition. This probably changes how the questions should be framed because they are not the same.

Thanks for pointing that out. : )

Feel free to rephrase the questions using the socionic definition and answer at will.
Old 27/08/2009, 11:14 AM
Gone on holiday...

I wonder what type you are? It may be interesting to note that what you're describing here as "intuition", could in a socionic sense, perhaps be related to the function of Fi ()
Old 29/08/2009, 04:52 AM

there is no intuition without the other ellements, just as there is no fire without air.

yes we can be deceived by our intution in the same way we can be deceived by our sensations..,

we all work. together.
Old 29/08/2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remo View Post
there is no intuition without the other ellements, just as there is no fire without air.

yes we can be deceived by our intution in the same way we can be deceived by our sensations..,

we all work. together.
So the "knowing" in intuition is a wholistic process.
Old 29/08/2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals View Post
yes. much more for this type, than for others.
Old 29/08/2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remo View Post
yes. much more for this type, than for others.
Are you referring to Fi specifically or another?
Old 30/08/2009, 05:57 PM
The Looks

Quote:
I like your Freudian use of "holistic."

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."
Old 01/09/2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
With all the talk of intuition, how much of what see is really projection instead of insightful perception?

How often is misinformed, biased personal judgment confused with intuition?

Basing judgments on our intuition/perceiving can be very tricky and misleading. It's quite easy to think we have someone figured out because we trust our "intuition" rather than knowing and then judging accordingly.

It seems too easy to project personal beliefs or feelings on someone than to see who they are. So, how do you separate true unbiased intuition from falsely perceived seemingly intuitive knowledge?

I may not like someone and may not know why I dislike them. There are so many possibilities. Maybe I just can't click with them so I write them off immediately. Maybe they seem to represent every value I oppose so I confuse dislike for them with dislike for their values. Maybe I know someone who seems to be a good judgment of character, so my "intuition" tells me that if this friend thinks the person is no good, then I should take their word for it. Or maybe I am not familiar or used to a particular person or lifestyle so I assume negative qualities or characteristics on their part. Maybe I've had not so great experiences with people or particular types of people, so I immediately write someone off who seems to have similar qualities I've had difficulties with. And the list goes on . . .

Is it really that easy to identify true intuition (sense knowledge of things without prior evidence) from projected feeling? How . . .?
Enter each situation with an open mind and an open heart. If you have this clarity then you can trust your judgements. I took two doses of my medication this morning.