Go Back   Socionics Forums > Ramble Mumble

Ramble Mumble Anything goes, but please make an effort to stay positive and keep it socionics related.

Old 05/04/2008, 04:38 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
Yeah, I like myself pretty well.

It sounds like you're describing something like an ENFP gone wrong. ENFPs need to grow up, get over themselves and learn to use that empathy they have in real world of relationships. That's a permanent to-do list I have in my head. Otherwise, it's a fun type to be, and often to be around. Just relax and have fun! The world is a big, exciting place.

Introvert NFs are very different in relationships, I think.
As long as they don't grow up too much...
Old 08/04/2008, 02:37 AM

COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!

Cheating is not type related.
Old 08/04/2008, 11:31 AM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!

Cheating is not type related.
I think it is indirectly related, but only to a point. Well, at least, I would say some of the motives behind cheating could be explained by relating to a type.
Old 10/04/2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I think it is indirectly related, but only to a point. Well, at least, I would say some of the motives behind cheating could be explained by relating to a type.
So what will motivate an ENFp to cheat?

I got an ENFp cousin, she's great. She's fun to be around. she's also quite flighty and changes very fast. I used to think i was an enfp until a while ago.

I think ENFjs and INFps are more similar in relationships because they have and in their ego block. INFjs and ENFps may be more similar? Cos of and ?
Old 11/04/2008, 08:39 PM
Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefusion View Post
So what will motivate an ENFp to cheat?
Well, I think it's been mentioned earlier, or at least something on the lines, but i'll re-iterate that cheatings got as much to do with many other factors like maturity and what have you.

Looking at it from a socionic POV, and I think what does impact to a point on ENFp's, probably younger ones, but really of any age, is their dominant Ne.

Well, from what I understand, Ne is about new things, it sees whats not there, and it's attracted to whats new. Once it's got something figured out, or it's exhausted all the possibilities of the new thing, it'll move on to the next new thing.

Thing with people with dominant Ne, is that they can take this outlook to their partner also, so when they figured them out, or there partner stops them exploring new things, they can ditch them and move on. More so this reason than other types. Thing though is that their dual ISTp is really hard to figure out, if ever, and ISTp needs own space too. So it's just as well cause looking at it like that it's like their made for each other.
Quote:
I got an ENFp cousin, she's great. She's fun to be around. she's also quite flighty and changes very fast. I used to think i was an enfp until a while ago.
Wow. That's freaky. I've got an ENFp cousin and she sounds very much like yours. She's always looked up to me and I seem to be very good for her. I dig her Ne she always seems to have new things on. Socionics has helped me understand our bond, because it's very strong, even although we don't always see each other as much as we should.
Quote:
I think ENFjs and INFps are more similar in relationships because they have and in their ego block. INFjs and ENFps may be more similar? Cos of and ?
Yeah they are, but the difference of the mirror type relation is kinda apparent the more of them I've got to know, I've found. It's the Ne I notice more, and then the j and p temperament.

I seem to more INFj's lol. Do you have any spare ENFp's for me?

I enjoyed reading your post.
Old 22/05/2008, 07:25 PM
Omnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by meander View Post
Now the introvert NFs. I myself seem to be one, at least that's what the socionics.com online test is suggesting. And I am very unhappy with all of it. Because introverted feeling means a troublesome, tiring life full of misunderstandings.
Firstly, the main difference between E and I is that the E can easily catch up meanings and signs from the outer world, whereas the I has to take everything inside and has to chew on it for a while to draw an inner picture before he understands things and eventually spits out a result, often quite perplexing the other types - this is why introverted F (and introverted S?) are so goddamn ssllooww and reluctant and vague.
Being that slow means, that the rest of the world is too fast for the introvert. And it costs a lot of energy to keep the pace.
And there is something else: the empathy. Being an introverted empathist (?) you take everything in, sometimes it's as if you feel what the other is feeling, especially when something is wrong. So, can you imagine how it is, when you feel sadness, hurt, anger, frustation almost 1:1 although it's got nothing to do with you? This is why I prefer working alone, because work itself is straining, but the team-members always flipping out because of the boss or the customers is really sucking out all my energy. All I can do, is shut myself out. I wish I had a switch to shut off the introverted feeling. As a big big contrast, I absolutely like merry gatherings with friends, where i can pick up the good mood. Providing willingly to good feelings is energizing me, inadvertantly providing to bad feelings is draining me.
I'm sorry that you would feel that way. We introverts have our strong points.

Are you IEI? The comment about wanting to be in merry groups sounds Beta NF. I empathize with the wanting to be around good emotions. I had a friend who would smother certain moods when around me because it affected me (I don't remember noticing it myself). I have also noticed that if I have to force myself to connect with someone I have little in common with, it may drain me. Have you felt this?

Quote:
And just to defend themselves, most introvert NFs shut themselves off. When asked for a specific statement, they prefer to evade the answer, because often they are not ready to answer yet or they initially decided to keep themselves out of the equation, to protect themselves against confrontation. For most E's this has to appear as being highly unreliable, evasive, uninterested, wishy-washy and whatever else.
The shutting off is protective; I took it to the point of shutting off certain parts of myself from the world at large in order to protect them (as much as possible; I'm sure they still slip through). *gasps* You mean I'm "highly unreliable, evasive, uninterested, wishy-washy and whatever else"? I really think that's how my ESFj mother feels about it. Truthfully, it's accurate.

Quote:
But really: most of the NFs seem to have absolutely different functions, it's like being a different kind of engine, it needs different gasoline and it sure keeps the joint working, but at a different pace and under optimized parameters that are very different from yours. Western zivilisation seem to provide optimum parameters for all types but the NFs, especially the introvert NFs. No wonder they often can't function "properly".
I agree with having a different "function". I look at myself and wonder why I was born into the world at this time, because I don't feel fit for it. Things are too harsh.
Old 25/05/2008, 02:42 AM

Hey there Kanerou,
Draining: I feel drained when I have to deal with people who are openly not interested in me (or in anybody else for that matter) but merely look out for their own interests. Sometimes I am accused of doing the same, but actually there is always a "Cause". I try to connect with almost everybody, but it often fails - of course then I am frustrated and I feel drained, as well.

I often test INFp (IEI), but I don't know, if I really am one. I often lack the humor, the lightness, and I am a natural worrier, and although I feel low energy, I like to force things, just to get going or to get room for new things or to prevent situations/people going wrong. Often enough there is someone who is quicker/smarter. Maybe I am just cynical sort of IEI. I like to coach people I know, often I see where they go wrong - I wish I could see that for my own self as well.

The world is often enough too harsh for my liking as well, thus my possibly overexaggerated rambling in the former posting. The harshness vanishes, when I am in a friendly, merry group of people who get along quite well, this is very seldom.

I avoid conflict, when I don't feel a connection to the "opponent". I often say "Yeah, you're right." and the same time think the opposite, because I know the situation does make it impossible for me to react different, because I am just not that quick with my wits. Most people underestimate me, think I am weak or naive, but some sense the contratiction - then I am lucky to be seen as being ironic and I suddenly am a worthy discussion/sparring partner, but this is very seldom. I more often have to stretch myself to redeem myself - without ever having had bad intentions. This sucks.

I think you can be lucky to have a ESFj-Mom, because she can give you a view of the world from a very different angle, I guess she has lots of things to show or stories to tell, surely gives a lot of input, and you can use her ideas to make something your own. And you can learn a different way how to deal with people. I strive for input, without input I feel helpless.
(My Mom was introvert, sometimes very withdrawn, she had not even friends, and avoided the neighbours, she just didn't like them for reasons I couldn't see. I was often frustrated for her lack of acknowledgement, she didn't use the clear speech I might have needed so much, always kept me guessing and I had the feeling that she didn't see the world as huge and intriguing as I did. I often stretched myself to gain her attention, but she was not very reactive.)

Sorry, this posting is long, and I don't know if I have put something useful for you in it.